Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2017

Selby showed some real guts in those final few frames tonight.

Interesting that even though he's 10-7 behind, Hendry still thinks he's favourite...

4 hours ago, bovril said:

Imagine not only supporting Coventry but actually advertising it to the World.

At least he gets to see Leicester-related sportsmen hitting balls into a net, must make him reminisce for the days we used to play them.

46 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Selby showed some real guts in those final few frames tonight.

Interesting that even though he's 10-7 behind, Hendry still thinks he's favourite...

I am genuinely not just saying this Muzz but the frame before Hendry first said that in the studio I said to my Mrs if he can win the last couple id make him favourite once they come back tomorrow just on the basis that I cant see him playing that badly again and I think it will be a bit of an over night sickner for Higgins only being 3 ahead when he really did have a chance to turn the screw and be almost out of sight.

Should add... it's amazing what momentum can do to a professionals mentality. 

Despite holding a 3 frame lead overnight, you can see Higgins has been mentally effected overnight and into this afternoons session because his lead at one point was so much more.

On the other side, Selby is riding the crest of a wave at the moment and the bit of luck that can often come with that mind set. 

The match is certainly in an interestIng position.

27 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Should add... it's amazing what momentum can do to a professionals mentality. 

Despite holding a 3 frame lead overnight, you can see Higgins has been mentally effected overnight and into this afternoons session because his lead at one point was so much more.

On the other side, Selby is riding the crest of a wave at the moment and the bit of luck that can often come with that mind set. 

The match is certainly in an interestIng position.

I think Selby was seriously underperforming for most of yesterday. Looks a lot more with it today and is probably favourite now, especially if he can get it to 10-10.

12 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think Selby was seriously underperforming for most of yesterday. Looks a lot more with it today and is probably favourite now, especially if he can get it to 10-10.

I have no doubt the Ding match the afternoon before took its toll and effected Selby's start yesterday. Higgins would also have been mentally fresher you would imagine given his semi barely reached 3 sessions.

But Mark's just let up the pressure a little and the 3 identical fouls on the brown by Higgins probably helped clear a cloud in his own mind... it's once again, perfectly poised.

3 hours ago, kingfox said:

Tickets for next year were meant to go on sale this morning at 9am, website didn't work.

They said come back at 12pm, website still doesn't work lol

Try see tickets as well as crucible snooker, you can only book one session at a time on see tickets but there is no queue, just a lot of fluctuation in availability as many people select/release tickets.

Managed to get a couple of sessions on the middle Sunday.

16 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Try see tickets as well as crucible snooker, you can only book one session at a time on see tickets but there is no queue, just a lot of fluctuation in availability as many people select/release tickets.

Managed to get a couple of sessions on the middle Sunday.

I got through after four hours of waiting, nothing much left, just looked on see tickets about the same really.

Will have to rely on returns again like I normally do.

Archived