Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry - LCFC

General Election, June 8th

Guest MattP
21 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Labour are bollocks in the polls as per but the best news today is that smarmy cvnt Angus Robertson is projected to lose his seat.

The Tory fightback in Scotland is incredible, 30%+ of the vote in one poll. Looks like people are finally seeing the SNP are doing nothing in government except blaming England.

Would look like this after if (big if) of course, true. 

IMG_20170423_090919.jpg

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

The Tory fightback in Scotland is incredible, 30%+ of the vote in one poll. Looks like people are finally seeing the SNP are doing nothing in government except blaming England.

Would look like this after if (big if) of course, true. 

One mention of a poll and you can't help yourself

Guest MattP
Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

One mention of a poll and you can't help yourself

I replied without even thinking. I'm a tragic case.

Into auto-pilot now, probably expect more of it, clearly can't help myself.

Corbyn on Marr in a minute, hoping he's going to promise free business class travel for all and ten weeks paid holiday for the self employed. 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

I replied without even thinking. I'm a tragic case.

Into auto-pilot now, probably expect more of it, clearly can't help myself.

Corbyn on Marr in a minute, hoping he's going to promise free business class travel for all and ten weeks paid holiday for the self employed. 

I'm hoping for free weekly blow jobs for the poor and ethnic minorities, myself

A lot of well presented posts on here, this very forum is where I get  all my polictical information, but I still don't fully understand it, can you tell me please where you get your information, @Alf Bentley , @MattP (sorry there are more but these 2 come to mind first)  I suspect years of experience you have helps, but Which TV program for example gives the best opinions from both sides of the arguments. I know very little and want to expand my knowledge, right now for what I can see as a lamen, I will not be voting conservative, But I'm not sure if thats correct or who I should vote for, should I vote for a party just to to try and stop the tories getting in for 4 years? should I vote for the best candidate for my own constituency?  Do I vote Labour because from where I'm standing they look like the best choice?  there are so many variables and I cannot get my head around it. I need to pay full attention for thee next few weeks so i feel i ca make a goodd decision. 

(this post turned into a blurted out mess I am aware, but I guess that illustrated my confusion)  

Two of May's top spin doctors have quit in the last week and there is very little media coverage. Imagine the fun they would have if any of Corbyn's top men had quit.

If May can avoid debates on the subjects of the NHS, education, mental health, transport, social care, disabled rights and also contact with doctors nurses teachers, low paid workers part time workers ZHC workers and rgw self employed the Tories shoul get a sizable majority.

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, Beliall said:

A lot of well presented posts on here, this very forum is where I get  all my polictical information, but I still don't fully understand it, can you tell me please where you get your information, @Alf Bentley , @MattP (sorry there are more but these 2 come to mind first)  I suspect years of experience you have helps, but Which TV program for example gives the best opinions from both sides of the arguments. I know very little and want to expand my knowledge, right now for what I can see as a lamen, I will not be voting conservative, But I'm not sure if thats correct or who I should vote for, should I vote for a party just to to try and stop the tories getting in for 4 years? should I vote for the best candidate for my own constituency?  Do I vote Labour because from where I'm standing they look like the best choice?  there are so many variables and I cannot get my head around it. I need to pay full attention for thee next few weeks so i feel i ca make a goodd decision. 

(this post turned into a blurted out mess I am aware, but I guess that illustrated my confusion)  

Hello. I won't tell you who to vote for.

If you want to follow politics though aside from just the news.....

BBC - Daily Politics everyday midday, Andrew Marr show and Sunday Politics on today. Question Time and This Week Thursday night. 

Radio 4 - Week in Westminster Sunday night, Moral Maze Wednesday. Any Questions Saturday morning. 

ITV - Peston on Sunday.

Sky News - All Out Politics every morning, Sophy Ridge on Sunday morning, The Pledge Thursday night. 

Be prepared to have nothing but politics on your day of rest.

Just now, Rincewind said:

Two of May's top spin doctors have quit in the last week and there is very little media coverage. Imagine the fun they would have if any of Corbyn's top men had quit.

If May can avoid debates on the subjects of the NHS, education, mental health, transport, social care, disabled rights and also contact with doctors nurses teachers, low paid workers part time workers ZHC workers and rgw self employed the Tories shoul get a sizable majority.

All May needs to do is keep Corbyn and Farron on TV.

Corbyn did an interview this morning with Marr, couldn't answer a question on foreign policy and ended up actually having to say the words "Listen, I don't support ISIS" - You just let people like this hang themselves with enough rope. It's probably why he doesn't really want to be PM, the idea of him in charge of nuclear weapons, a military and the possibility of him having to use it must terrify him. 

Whilst Farron had to end up avoiding questions about gay sex as he thinks it's a sin.

I knew he does not support ISIS as he has stated it many times before. He just would prefer like many people a better way of dealing with them than bombing the hell out of other countries causing an increase in refugees.

The idea of Trump being in charge of nuclear weapons scares the shit out of me. I happen to think the NHS doctors nurses education and teacher would be more worthy a cause to spend money on than Trident but then again I prefer peace to war.

1 hour ago, Rincewind said:

Doing nothing and letting Corbyn talk will get the Tories a sizeable majority

Guest MattP
3 hours ago, Rincewind said:

I knew he does not support ISIS as he has stated it many times before.

Amazing lol

This stuff just writes itself, I'm sure May, Farron, Sturgeon and Nuttall will all clarify (many times of course) that's they don't support ISIS. We need to know.

This election is going to be an absolute car crash, what the hell is this bloke going to be coming out with a week before polling when he is twenty points behind? 

5 hours ago, MattP said:

Hello. I won't tell you who to vote for.

If you want to follow politics though aside from just the news.....

BBC - Daily Politics everyday midday, Andrew Marr show and Sunday Politics on today. Question Time and This Week Thursday night. 

Radio 4 - Week in Westminster Sunday night, Moral Maze Wednesday. Any Questions Saturday morning. 

ITV - Peston on Sunday.

Sky News - All Out Politics every morning, Sophy Ridge on Sunday morning, The Pledge Thursday night. 

Be prepared to have nothing but politics on your day of rest.

All May needs to do is keep Corbyn and Farron on TV.

Corbyn did an interview this morning with Marr, couldn't answer a question on foreign policy and ended up actually having to say the words "Listen, I don't support ISIS" - You just let people like this hang themselves with enough rope. It's probably why he doesn't really want to be PM, the idea of him in charge of nuclear weapons, a military and the possibility of him having to use it must terrify him. 

Whilst Farron had to end up avoiding questions about gay sex as he thinks it's a sin.

lollol He's more intelligent than I thought, absolutely making sure that no freak Labour result can possibly occur, probably sat at home right now giving himself a pep talk along the lines of "Come on JC a few more words of wisdom like this beauty over the next few weeks and im fvcking free"

That is the point. He does not want to settle things by bombing hospitals and schools. The media and those questioning him have not realised this. It still has not sunk in to the nanthikadal members of the public that reprisals only lead to reprisals from those you are trying to convince that bombing innocents is not a very good idea. Increasing the number of refugees who are running away because they are being slaughtered by their government, shot by rebels and bombed by the USA and their supporters. Something tells me that something is not working. Just because Corbyn does not want to make orphans out of children and increase the number of refugees entering Britain does not mean that he supports terrorists. Anyone with a brain can see that but journalists need a story and an headline saying Corbyn refuses to nuke ISIS will do the trick and appeal to the masses.

Why does Corbyn have to repeat over and over that he does not support terrorists and the likes of May just have to say we will be tough and the masses are satisfied? Does common sense and freethought not exist anymore?

It is sad that so many people are duped by the mainstream media. 

As an example, how would anyone feel if they went to a Nottingham Forest game because they had a free weekend and for the next five years was accused of being a Forest fan. It would get on your tits would it not? I imagine Corbyn is fed up of being asked if he supports ISIS when he would rather talk about the NHS education and tax dodgers.

The election was called at a time when investigations were about to emerge about election fraud by several  MPs. A coincidence?

Guest MattP

@Rincewind

Stop the stupid hyperbole it's pathetic, no one intends to bomb hospitals, schools or innocents. It doesn't give any leverage to the point you are making either, it means you sound like one of the childish placard wavers.

Corbyn refuses to answer questions about whether he would kill the leader of IS or whether he would fire a nuclear missile and it's the media's fault? Get a grip Ken, these are perfectly valid questions to ask someone who wants to lead the country and be in charge of those things, he can't even answer if the party will be pro-nuclear weeks before an election ffs.

Marr should have gone further and asked him what he'll do if Argentina invades the Falklands, a probable scenario I'd imagine if they are watching these interviews and he did somehow get elected. 

If you don't want to create refugees who are being slaughtered by the Syrian government what are you going to do to stop it?

I'm sick of so called pacifists who would never do anything about anything trying to claim some moral superiority over anyone else, you would have let the Nazi's genocide a race, you would have let the Soviets enslave mainland Europe and you would let any dictator in the World murder anyone he disagreed with, you have no moral high ground to claim whatsoever.

The reason May doesn't have to answer questions about supporting anti-British terrorists is actually quite simple, the same reason Cameron, Miliband, Blair, Clegg, Farron and Farage didn't get asked, they don't have a history of supporting anti-British terrorists. 

You voted for him to lead the party, you deal with the consequences. 

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

@Rincewind

Stop the stupid hyperbole it's pathetic, no one intends to bomb hospitals, schools or innocents. It doesn't give any leverage to the point you are making either, it means you sound like one of the childish placard wavers.

Corbyn refuses to answer questions about whether he would kill the leader of IS or whether he would fire a nuclear missile and it's the media's fault? Get a grip Ken, these are perfectly valid questions to ask someone who wants to lead the country and be in charge of those things, he can't even answer if the party will be pro-nuclear weeks before an election ffs.

Marr should have gone further and asked him what he'll do if Argentina invades the Falklands, a probable scenario I'd imagine if they are watching these interviews and he did somehow get elected. 

If you don't want to create refugees who are being slaughtered by the Syrian government what are you going to do to stop it?

I'm sick of so called pacifists who would never do anything about anything trying to claim some moral superiority over anyone else, you would have let the Nazi's genocide a race, you would have let the Soviets enslave mainland Europe and you would let any dictator in the World murder anyone he disagreed with, you have no moral high ground to claim whatsoever.

The reason May doesn't have to answer questions about supporting anti-British terrorists is actually quite simple, the same reason Cameron, Miliband, Blair, Clegg, Farron and Farage didn't get asked, they don't have a history of supporting anti-British terrorists. 

You voted for him to lead the party, you deal with the consequences. 

If you're going to tell people to stop the hyperbole, maybe go easy on it yourself, no?

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, bovril said:

If you're going to tell people to stop the hyperbole, maybe go easy on it yourself, no?

Go on....

Just now, MattP said:

Go on....

You tell Rincewind to cut out the hyperbole (don't disagree) then go on and tell him he would've let the Nazis exterminate the Jews and the Soviets enslave mainland Europe. Which is a touch hyperbolic.

Archived