Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry - LCFC

General Election, June 8th

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Thats that fella who you say is the brightest man in the cabinet, yeah?

?

A bit like talking about the tallest Hobbit in the Shire..

Guest MattP

Looking likely the deal is falling through.

This "day of rage" protest is going ahead tomorrow, do the people behind this really think the police in London do not have better things to do?

Guest Foxin_mad
4 minutes ago, MattP said:

This "day of rage" protest is going ahead tomorrow, do the people behind this really think the police in London do not have better things to do?

These people are showing what absolute cretins they are.....wasting police time and risking lives. 

They claim to be a kinder caring empathetic bunch yet quite often the far left are some of the most mouth frothing bile spewing horrid envious gits you ever could meet.

Guest MattP
Just now, Foxin_mad said:

These people are showing what absolute cretins they are.....wasting police time and risking lives. 

They claim to be a kinder caring empathetic bunch yet quite often the far left are some of the most mouth frothing bile spewing horrid envious gits you ever could meet.

Let's be honest though it will be handy in showing us what they are again. A lot seem to have forgotten. 

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

I'm sure throughout history there have been many protests at inappropriate times (as protests are usually about something appropriate at that inappropriate time - if that makes sense?). Protests generally don't wait for a better or more convenient time. 

8 minutes ago, Foxin_mad said:

Is this supposed to be ironic?

Guest Foxin_mad
4 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

I'm sure throughout history there have been many protests at inappropriate times (as protests are usually about something appropriate at that inappropriate time - if that makes sense?). Protests generally don't wait for a better or more convenient time. 

Calling it a 'Day or Rage' doesn't exactly suggest its going to be a nice peaceful protest. The fact its on a working day gives a good indication on the type of momentum activists that will be turning up.

4 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Is this supposed to be ironic?

No not at all. This is true, the country has bigger issues. People in Labour are advocating riots and disorder to bring down a government that although it does not have a commons majority it has a significant number of extra seats and won a democratic election in a democratic country. I can understand people may peaceful protest but McDonnell essentially calling  for disorder is a disgrace.

I agree that the protest shouldn't be violent or cause serious disorder, there is no benefit in that to anyone.

But people have a right to protest and a right to take to the streets - just because it doesn't suit your viewpoint and it isn't at what you'd deem a suitable time doesn't make it any less their right to do so. 

Just because the current government won with extra seats at a democratic election doesn't mean that the large numbers who didn't vote for them can't come out in protest at the way things are being run. The idea that 'you lost so sit down, shut up and take it as it comes' isn't any good at all either.

I accept that Brexit is happening - I don't accept nor like the Tory approach to it. I accept that the Tories are in government, they 'won' the GE - I don't accept the way in which they're currently operating this country. If large numbers of people taking to the streets makes them realise that despite their 'win' there are still large numbers of people who are disgruntled with their current 'system' then that's a good thing. They need to realise that there's half a country (nearly / approx) who aren't on board with what they're doing and they need to make some serious changes to their manifesto and operation to appease them. 

8 minutes ago, Foxin_mad said:

No not at all. This is true, the country has bigger issues. People in Labour are advocating riots and disorder to bring down a government that although it does not have a commons majority it has a significant number of extra seats and won a democratic election in a democratic country. I can understand people may peaceful protest but McDonnell essentially calling  for disorder is a disgrace.

I think the irony lies in the idea or belief that the other side of the spectrum have never endorsed such action themselves.

10 minutes ago, Foxin_mad said:

Calling it a 'Day or Rage' doesn't exactly suggest its going to be a nice peaceful protest. The fact its on a working day gives a good indication on the type of momentum activists that will be turning up.

Do they not have annual leave where you work?

10 minutes ago, Foxin_mad said:

Link?

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Looks like it's on still. 

If it does fall through, is there enough seats for a left wing alliance to put corbyn into power now?

4 minutes ago, toddybad said:

If it does fall through, is there enough seats for a left wing alliance to put corbyn into power now?

Only if they do a deal with the DUP.

Guest MattP
5 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Only if you do a deal with the DUP and we know how against that you are so no.

6 minutes ago, toddybad said:

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It would make another election more likely, though.

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

The DUP aren't going to put an IRA supporter in number 10. They'll vote for the Queens speech.

Guest MattP
8 minutes ago, Buce said:

The Tories would have to really piss the DUP off for them to give Corbyn a sniff at number 10.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The DUP aren't going to put an IRA supporter in number 10. They'll vote for the Queens speech.

Getting through the Queen's speech is just the first hurdle.

I don't see them surviving long as a minority government without DUP support.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Getting through the Queen's speech is just the first hurdle.

I don't see them surviving long as a minority government without DUP support.

They'll negotiate on an issue by issue basis. Probably won't last the full 5 years but it'll do for now.

40 minutes ago, Webbo said:

38 minutes ago, MattP said:

Only if you do a deal with the DUP and we know how against that you are so no.

That would be ironic!

Yes, I would still think it a bad idea. Although - perhaps Corbyn being an "IRA sympathiser" might be able to mollify sinn fein to accept such a deal...:ph34r:

I'm not talking about a majority, just for the left to be bigger than the Tories - would that still require the DUP?

The other question is - given Brexit and the fact I think most of us agree (perhaps not the most right wing amongst us) that that parties working together for two years is the most sensible outcome - is there any precedent for a grand coalition of the two biggest and competing parties? I don't think it would happen but it would actually be the best thing for the country in the short term - do nothing legislative wise except get brexit through in concert,

Archived