Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Is it coz I is black?

9 hours ago, ozleicester said:

The term ‘positive discrimination’ is sometimes used to refer to ‘positive measures’ or ‘special measures’. Special measures aim to foster greater equality by supporting groups of people who face, or have faced, entrenched discrimination so they can have similar access to opportunities as others in the community.

Discrimination is discrimination l, there is nothing positive that can come from it.

5 hours ago, Strokes said:

Discrimination is discrimination l, there is nothing positive that can come from it.

I too used to feel this way and was vehmently opposed to any discrimination. Upon further reading and investigation i changed my mind.

4 hours ago, ozleicester said:

I too used to feel this way and was vehmently opposed to any discrimination. Upon further reading and investigation i changed my mind.

Synthetic equality is not equality, you will never achieve it by accepting this. It's as much of the problem as anyone along the chain.

12 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Sylo, in my life those subjected to racial abuse far away the abuse of the pretentiousnest.

In fact in my younger daughter has just told me all the abuse she has been suffering since last September, I'm fooking, fuming.

I don't condone racism in any form. I am also saddened and sorry your young daughter is suffering at the hands of morons. At the end of the day they are bullies and need dealing with. I hope you get it sorted and your daughter does not grow up thinking everyone is like them.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

It was virtually walking the last 7 miles, in fact around 23 someone walked past me whilst I was still trying to run :D 

Were you the guy at the end getting help from the other runner? :D 

Isn't the idea of positive discrimination that if you have 2 candidates that are equal, you would then use this additional factor (Race/Gender etc) to make the final decision.

I've done alot of work in management and recruitment and have never come up against anything different. You may highlight in the Jd that you are seeking applications from a particular group but it doesn't mean they automatically get the job. 

52 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Isn't the idea of positive discrimination that if you have 2 candidates that are equal, you would then use this additional factor (Race/Gender etc) to make the final decision.

I've done alot of work in management and recruitment and have never come up against anything different. You may highlight in the Jd that you are seeking applications from a particular group but it doesn't mean they automatically get the job. 

It's making a candidate preferred because of race, if people cannot see why this is disgusting then I despair.

You can't achieve equality by tipping the scales the other way ffs.

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It's making a candidate preferred because of race, if people cannot see why this is disgusting then I despair.

You can't achieve equality by tipping the scales the other way ffs.

But whats the context? The police is a good example - you have 2 candidates who across the board have scored equally - Its a dead heat!

1 is white 1 is Black.

The area this role is based is 40% Black 60% White, but the police force is under represented and is only 5% black. Positive discrimination would then mean you could seperate the 2 candidates because it is preferable for that police force to be more representative of the people it protects.  

How is that disgusting?

6 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

But whats the context? The police is a good example - you have 2 candidates who across the board have scored equally - Its a dead heat!

1 is white 1 is Black.

The area this role is based is 40% Black 60% White, but the police force is under represented and is only 5% black. Positive discrimination would then mean you could seperate the 2 candidates because it is preferable for that police force to be more representative of the people it protects.  

How is that disgusting?

It isnt.  Nor is making sure that black BEM candidates are not overlooked in your screening and selection processes.

4 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

1 is white 1 is Black.

How is that disgusting?

Because we are humans and there is more to recruiting than scores, there are plenty of things to seperate two people but race should not be one of them. Why bother to say equality is necessary if we are happy to promote the opposite? It sends out the wrong message and it's counter productive to the over played problem.

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Because we are humans and there is more to recruiting than scores, there are plenty of things to seperate two people but race should not be one of them. Why bother to say equality is necessary if we are happy to promote the opposite? It sends out the wrong message and it's counter productive to the over played problem.

So its police dogs you have a problem with? :ph34r::ph34r:

14 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Eh? Wrong thread?

Or is Gerrard insisting that Liverpool should field a completely white U18 side? :ph34r:

Or that Gerrard, unlike Yorke, is starting at a lesser role within a club to build experience and isn't bitching about lack of management opportunity. :D 

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Or that Gerrard, unlike Yorke, is starting at a lesser role within a club to build experience and isn't bitching about lack of management opportunity. :D 

Davie is too subtle for me, clearly. :D

Archived