Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

If you could sign four players from the teams we played in the Champions League

Assuming money is no object, which four players would you sign from the teams we have played in the Champions League? Bear in mind the areas that we need to strengthen.

I would go with:

Griezmann - instead of Shinji

Godin - rock solid centre half to play alongside Huth

Sarabia - pacy, tricky left winger

Saul - emerging, young, box-to-box midfielder with an eye for goal

Just now, the fox said:

More realistic:

-One of Copenhagen's CB

-Brahimi or Silva from porto

-corona or Torres from Porto

-N'zonzi or Mariano from sevilla (a little hard but more realistic than the players you named.

Mathius Jorgensen? Number 25?

6 minutes ago, 49er said:

I thought that N'zonzi was average and Jovetic poor. The latter is not even Premiership class imo.

Think he'd be quality in our team, upgraded Okazaki basically who runs a lot and a better finisher 

I wasn't particularly impressed by Griezeman at the Calderon to be honest. He's obviously a great player but I couldn't help thinking he was overhyped. However at the KP it was a different story. Again, he wasn't setting the world alight with his attacking performance, but we were dominating the game for so long and his defensive work was world class. I'd definitely have him here to replace Okazaki. I can see what Simeone was getting at because Vardy and Griezeman would be unstoppable imo.

The picks for me were:

Mariano - Sevilla - Right Back

Escudero - Sevilla - Left Back

Both of the above primarily for their unbelievable crossing skills - would love to see what Slimani could do with deliveries like that.

Vormer - Club Brugge - Central Midfield 

Reminded me a lot of Danny Drinkwater in terms of his style of play. Think he could do well in a better team.

Antoine Griezmann - Atletico Madrid - Attacking Midfield

No surprise. One of the best players I've ever seen, oozed class in everything he did. An absolute pleasure to watch.

1 hour ago, Hollism said:

I wasn't particularly impressed by Griezeman at the Calderon to be honest. He's obviously a great player but I couldn't help thinking he was overhyped. However at the KP it was a different story. Again, he wasn't setting the world alight with his attacking performance, but we were dominating the game for so long and his defensive work was world class. I'd definitely have him here to replace Okazaki. I can see what Simeone was getting at because Vardy and Griezeman would be unstoppable imo.

What game was you watching!? Watching him play live was incredible! The guy is class, great player when in possession but everything he does off the ball proves his quality, his work rate is ridiculous and his awareness/ movement playing the lines was quality. Easily the best player on the pitch. 

Archived