Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Bob Madley's comical errors for Mahrez Penalty.

If we want to be pedantic, every penalty ever taken is touched more than once. By the time the kick has been followed through, the ball has been touched countless times, just the eye can't see it. 

You know what, we have had so many ups and and turmoils around the turnstiles...

I will take theeasy way out, and enjoy the situation and comfortable position of saying.....

I couldnt give one littl donald duck.....we are safe, an enjoyable 2nd half, and the season rides gently intto the sunset.....

29 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

See the refs are closing ranks on this one Dermot Gallagher  backing Madely agreeing with his dodgy decisions recons shitface Madely got all right !!  

Did he FUCH !!

http://www.skysports.com/share/10878538

It was even worse actually watching it live 

Dermot wouldn't even agree that Sterling was in a offside position all he kept saying was "marginal" 

Phil Thompson was in the studio and he said he couldn't believe what Dermot was saying 

7 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

No idea where you get this from. Sounds like a wind up.

Did you not read further along before commenting. I already said I read it wrong and misunderstood. Thanks for bringing up my stupidity again. Made me feel wonderful ?

38 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It was even worse actually watching it live 

Dermot wouldn't even agree that Sterling was in a offside position all he kept saying was "marginal" 

Phil Thompson was in the studio and he said he couldn't believe what Dermot was saying 

Closing ranks I thought Gallagher was decent ref until I read that crock of shit !!?

Manchester City 2-1 Leicester

INCIDENT: David Silva scores but Raheem Sterling tries to play the ball when standing in an offside position

SCENARIO: Sterling attempts to play Silva's goal-bound shot but does not make contact. Leicester players appeal for offside against the England winger but referee Bobby Madley awards the goal.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: Correct decision

DERMOT SAYS: The key issue is, has Sterling played the ball? I'm not convinced he has. I don't believe Kasper Schmeichel can ever get that ball. The other player he can impact is Fuchs and if you look at Fuchs, he doesn't move because the ball is past him. Sterling was not in front of Schmeichel, he didn't block his view. By trying to kick the ball Sterling did not prevent Schmeichel from saving it and I don't believe he prevented Fuchs from playing it. But it does show how difficult it is to be an assistant!

INCIDENT: Fernandinho's challenge on Marc Albrighton

SCENARIO: The Leicester midfielder was left with a black eye after a collision with Fernandinho's elbow. The referee deemed the incident accidental.

DERMOT SAYS: This is the most difficult thing. His arms are up but he didn't throw them. What you have to be careful of is when you see the injury it looks really nasty. You have to bear in mind that doesn't necessarily mean it was a nasty challenge. It was unfortunate I thought. Fernandinho would have been very unlucky to have been punished for that.

INCIDENT: Riyad Mahrez's penalty is disallowed

SCENARIO: The Leicester forward slips when taking his spot-kick and hits the ball twice before finding the net. The penalty is disallowed.

DERMOT SAYS: The law was brought in to stop people dribbling in. What you would say is the slip helps the ball cannon into the top corner, so that gains a massive advantage. It was very unfortunate but the law is correctly applied.

Re the Fernandinho incident I don't see how this is any different to an over aggressive tackle, you can argue neither are intentional. If that had been on a goalkeeper it would have been called a foul surely.

For me it was dangerous play.

20 minutes ago, davieG said:

Re the Fernandinho incident I don't see how this is any different to an over aggressive tackle, you can argue neither are intentional. If that had been on a goalkeeper it would have been called a foul surely.

For me it was dangerous play.

Agreed. How Vards got a red card earlier in the season for that tackle yet Fernandinho (who has a history of challenges like that) is just fvcking wrong.

DERMOT SAYS: The key issue is, has Sterling played the ball? I'm not convinced he has. I don't believe Kasper Schmeichel can ever get that ball. The other player he can impact is Fuchs and if you look at Fuchs, he doesn't move because the ball is past him. Sterling was not in front of Schmeichel, he didn't block his view. By trying to kick the ball Sterling did not prevent Schmeichel from saving it and I don't believe he prevented Fuchs from playing it. But it does show how difficult it is to be an assistant!

So by that logic if a winger drives a cross towards the far post, an offside striker takes a swing at it and misses, and it goes in off the far post, that's not offside? Behave.

30 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

So by that logic if a winger drives a cross towards the far post, an offside striker takes a swing at it and misses, and it goes in off the far post, that's not offside? Behave.

Actually, given that it's unlikely the man at the far post has distracted anyone, it's less offside than sterling was!

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Actually, given that it's unlikely the man at the far post has distracted anyone, it's less offside than sterling was!

I was thinking a striker central taking an airshot, the cross going beyond him and in, but agreed. Laughable that he seems to be suggesting it's not offside if you take an airshot.

1 hour ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Agreed. How Vards got a red card earlier in the season for that tackle yet Fernandinho (who has a history of challenges like that) is just fvcking wrong.

Fernandinho has gotten 2 reds for Vardy-like tackles though hasn't he? You need to wear a red Manchester shirt to get away with those...

It feels like we are on the wrong end of every greyzone decision this season though, but all football fans probably feel like that.  

How can he say the Fernandinho incident is a correct decision? If you are arguing it's not a red card, fair enough, that's a debate that can be had. But Madley didn't give a free kick - that's horseshit. The same ref gave 860 free kicks to Dele Alli going down under a breath of air when we played Spurs away, yet he doesn't think that an elbow in the face is a foul? Rubbish.

Here are the Madley stats from WhoScored.com. Almost topping all the tables: fouls given against, Penalties given against, least points won per game.

https://www.whoscored.com/Referees/117/Show/Robert-Madley

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/14/RefereeStatistics/England-Leicester

l4XVZVZ.jpg

t7xxa0f.jpg

RJEERB8.jpg

I'm convinced the guy has a problem with us, the stats are way too suspicious. A team that has won the Premier League, and put together 2 other runs of Top 4 form in 3 seasons, who can only average half a point a game with a particular ref? No surprises to see Pawson and Moss featuring highly in some of these tables too.

5 hours ago, Jakewilk said:

Did you not read further along before commenting. I already said I read it wrong and misunderstood. Thanks for bringing up my stupidity again. Made me feel wonderful ?

My apologies. I was reading through the thread and commenting on posts as I came across them so didn't see your  retraction until too late.

Whole thread is a wind up actually, and so is the declaration by Dermot that Madley got everything right. I think I'd best just move on before my brain explodes.

Archived