Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CyprusFox

Transfer targets?

Anyone else a little concerned that most of the transfer rumours coming out of the LCFC camp and in the media, seem to be about players possibly leaving. Very little talk about potentially exciting  incoming signings. If the likes of Everton sign half the players their supposedly interested in, they could have a really good season ahead of them. Us, nothing! Please let's not have another disastrous transfer window like the last one. We desperately need some big game changing signings this summer

So you want us to do our business in public to make you feel better.

Your not worried it may alert other clubs and push up the fee and players wage.

Ahh fvck the money as long as you are happy.

It's not about doing your business in public. There are always rumours about interest in players, all generated from various sources, not usually the club. There are also always rumours about departures, but these are the only ones we are hearing. Do you not remember the last  transfer window? You obviously don't find it disconcerting but I do.

Just now, CyprusFox said:

It's not about doing your business in public. There are always rumours about interest in players, all generated from various sources, not usually the club. There are also always rumours about departures, but these are the only ones we are hearing. Do you not remember the last  transfer window? You obviously don't find it disconcerting but I do.

We have been linked with Gibson, Sigurdsson , Mbodji and Abraham if that helps.

Like Sylo says it's best not to reveal your targets though these days it's near on impossible.

Thanks for trying to cheer me up dayday, but these players have all been linked heavily with other clubs more recently, notably the arsewipes and Everton. It's just really been the last 2-3 weeks when all the talk has been about players leaving, even on this forum. Like you say it's near on impossible  these days to keep your targets hidden from the public. Hence my concern and original post

Most rumours at all clubs turn out not to be true many of our best signings have come out of the blue.

23 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Thats true

Well why the worry then?

This season hasn't even finished yet but you're worried that there's not enough BS rumours flying around.

My mates dad works with the brother of the postman that delivers to Christian Fuchs, and he is absolutely convinced we're signing Dyala, Griezmann and Silva so there's no need to panic mate

5 minutes ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Well why the worry then?

This season hasn't even finished yet but you're worried that there's not enough BS rumours flying around.

My mates dad works with the brother of the postman that delivers to Christian Fuchs, and he is absolutely convinced we're signing Dyala, Griezmann and Silva so there's no need to panic mate

Thats great news. I heard exactly the same rumours so it must be true. That postmans itk.

3 hours ago, CyprusFox said:

Anyone else a little concerned that most of the transfer rumours coming out of the LCFC camp and in the media, seem to be about players possibly leaving. Very little talk about potentially exciting  incoming signings. If the likes of Everton sign half the players their supposedly interested in, they could have a really good season ahead of them. Us, nothing! Please let's not have another disastrous transfer window like the last one. We desperately need some big game changing signings this summer

I'd much rather we do our "talking" by way of signing announcements and without a word of preamble. 

16 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I'd much rather we do our "talking" by way of signing announcements and without a word of preamble. 

Yes but this forum thrives on juicy transfer rumours. They often tend to make the longest threads despite people saying their not interested in aledged "BS rumours" 

10 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Yes but this forum thrives on juicy transfer rumours. They often tend to make the longest threads despite people saying their not interested in aledged "BS rumours" 

"Juicy",  "substantiated" and "realistic" would be fine but few are. Seems like anyone with two legs and a foreign name is our next big thing.  Sometimes we're "in" for about 30 signings. And with the standard of some of them we'd need to use em all at the same time.         

26 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

If anyone thinks we'll be signing established premier league players e.g. Sigurdsson, then they're going to be disappointed.

I certainly wouldn't be shocked to see us go for them, whether we get them is a different matter. We've always tried to get people in from our league system as it reduces the risk of them not working out.

1 hour ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Well why the worry then?

#ITK

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I certainly wouldn't be shocked to see us go for them, whether we get them is a different matter. We've always tried to get people in from our league system as it reduces the risk of them not working out.

I think we'll try, but we couldn't pull it off last summer when we were Champions so I'm not sure why we'd do better this summer.

Hope I'm wrong.

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I think we'll try, but we couldn't pull it off last summer when we were Champions so I'm not sure why we'd do better this summer.

Hope I'm wrong.

Depends on who it is, contract situations, whether the player wants to go, how much clubs want, how much we're willing to pay etc

Archived