Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 18

so ive never had a fut team go from one game to another. so will my fut 17 team be sold for coin or will it only be my cojns and credits that come over and ill gave to start again? just wondering if its worth literally selling anything right now and keeping hold of the coin until release day

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

so ive never had a fut team go from one game to another. so will my fut 17 team be sold for coin or will it only be my cojns and credits that come over and ill gave to start again? just wondering if its worth literally selling anything right now and keeping hold of the coin until release day

You will have to start from scratch. 

47 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

no coins no nothing gets ported over?
if your coins go over i may sell my team now.

Your coins don't get drafted over. When you start up you will only get starter packs to open to help you build a team then the rest is up to you. 

On 17/08/2017 at 10:48, Ashley said:

There's only so much you can fit on disks to be fair to them same with the commentary. You will always hear the same things. How many times have you heard "The Vardy story continues from rags to riches" when he scores? 

Disk space won't be the issue, they can make content downloadable. It will be translations and the like that cause the lack of variety.

14 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

You always had to start from scratch. Can't transfer neither coins, FIFA Points nor your record over to a new installment of the series.

You will have to start completely anew.

Only advantage as a previous user is that you may get some extra/special packs early on.

Otherwise, you'll have to buy a more expensive special edition that grants you a couple of extras (extra packs, kits, etc.).

What you can do, however, is defy the marketing trend and stick to 17 for a while and play the **** out of it as long as you can.

I've mentioned this a few times, but I don't see the point in buying a new FIFA every single year. You'll see much more changes and progress in terms of gameplay and graphics if you choose to buy one every two years or so.

That's what I do.

16 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

The only thing that comes across with you is the xp you've built up so you'll be able to unlock coin boosts/Loan players/kits etc etc 

1 minute ago, dbtcity said:

The only thing that comes across with you is the xp you've built up so you'll be able to unlock coin boosts/Loan players/kits etc etc 

well after discovering this i have upgraded to the ronaldo version of the game to hope i can make a decent foothold in this game unlike this year. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

well after discovering this i have upgraded to the ronaldo version of the game to hope i can make a decent foothold in this game unlike this year. 

Don't expect much buddy i wasn't going to bother with the upgrade after doing it for FIFA 17, the free packs I received each week were horrendous, just need 1 lucky pull though I suppose

10 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Don't expect much buddy i wasn't going to bother with the upgrade after doing it for FIFA 17, the free packs I received each week were horrendous, just need 1 lucky pull though I suppose

yeah well i know buying it wont make me the next Gorrila Unilad  or whatever but i feel i am adequate at the game. Not good not bad just can play the game to a reasonable level but since i was so late to the party i've spent the whole season playing catch up and threw money into the game just to get my team up to the level i believe i should be. Granted im only div 5 now but i think i can get higher if i have a good start to my team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramboacdc said:

yeah well i know buying it wont make me the next Gorrila Unilad  or whatever but i feel i am adequate at the game. Not good not bad just can play the game to a reasonable level but since i was so late to the party i've spent the whole season playing catch up and threw money into the game just to get my team up to the level i believe i should be. Granted im only div 5 now but i think i can get higher if i have a good start to my team. 

That 1 decent pull is all every1 is after to set them up for the whole FIFA I'm talking a legend/ high end player like Ronaldo, fingers crossed I finally hit 1 in FIFA 18 ... I told myself I weren't going to bother with the Ronaldo upgrade gamethis year but then as soon as it was released I was sucked in lol 

You don't need to buy to have a decent team. You can quite easily have a team good smith to compete within a few days without spending anything - though i will concede having xp to spend on extra fut cash per game can be useful to speed up the process. Having all of the best players wont help a bad player win and I'm convinced that fifa doesn't operate fairly given the amount of times you can win the opening 4/5 games of a season to the cusp of promotion only to then lose the next 10 with all manner of last minute defensive mix ups, gk howlers and woodwork hitting going on. 

One thing I would love to see in the player career mode that I doubt will ever be introduced is a kind of teammate opinion feature. At clubs around the world not all the players get on with each other so why not make it a feature for the player career. Say while playing matches passing to a teammate will make them like you more and pass to you more often when you ask for a pass, while being selfish and trying to go it alone causes your teammates to doubt your judgement and be more hesitent to pass. There could also be arguments on the training ground or in the dressing room that you may have to pick a side of between say Mahrez and Albrighton, if your a target man you may pick Albrightons side while if your a quick pacey striker or a Rb you may pick Mahrez. Just something that would add depth to a mode which has none but I still play for some reason.

I know this is a FIFA forum, but really dissappointed with the news coming out of the FIFA camp, seems like there are some large changes in some areas, but nothing significant....I'll wait to be convinced otherwise.

Meanwhile the gameplay for PES  on PC looks absolutely fantastic, I may have to switch games this year 

On 21/08/2017 at 10:59, MC Prussian said:

You always had to start from scratch. Can't transfer neither coins, FIFA Points nor your record over to a new installment of the series.

You will have to start completely anew.

Only advantage as a previous user is that you may get some extra/special packs early on.

Otherwise, you'll have to buy a more expensive special edition that grants you a couple of extras (extra packs, kits, etc.).

What you can do, however, is defy the marketing trend and stick to 17 for a while and play the **** out of it as long as you can.

I've mentioned this a few times, but I don't see the point in buying a new FIFA every single year. You'll see much more changes and progress in terms of gameplay and graphics if you choose to buy one every two years or so.

That's what I do.

You can move fifa points over