Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mullet

Realistic?

No matter whether some believe the Foxes’ title triumph two seasons’ ago was a fluke, Craig Shakespeare is working with a squad that can still taste success. Of course, dreams of the Premier League trophy remain, but realistically, the club should be aiming to make a return to Europe. Leicester did England’s top flight proud in the Champions League last term, going further in the competition than Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester City, and left with their heads held high in the quarter-final having put up an excellent fight against Atletico Madrid. Shakespeare and his team should be targeting a spot in the Europa League, with managers starting to appreciate the competition more.

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

I would agree with this statement 100% if it wasn't for the opening sentence.

Why loads think the title win was a fluke. The person that wrote it is not saying they think it was. But they are swear of the fact lots of other fans think it was a fluke.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Why loads think the title win was a fluke. The person that wrote it is not saying they think it was. But they are swear of the fact lots of other fans think it was a fluke.

I edited my post immediately as I realised I had mis-read the sentence.

European football has always been the big aim of the Thais, but the title win took them by surprise as much as anybody. We were phenomenal in the Champions League, it's just competing in that and the PL was difficult and couldn't have been prepared for overnight. 

Qualify for the Europa League and steadily get the squad, management and club used to the demands, and then we can kick on on both fronts. 

We have such a bright future, something that was scarcely plausible not so long ago!

:scarf:

I do agree on the one hand but on the other I've always felt the aim of every manager should simply be to win every match. It's a cliche but 'taking each game as it comes' does have some meaning in the sense that all we should be asking is a team that tries it's hardest to score goals and win matches every single time.

I think if you do that you will end up having a good season. I don't like players and managers setting targets because it can affect the mentality - if you're doing better than you expected you can take your foot off the gas and if you underachieve for while you may get disheartened.

The only thing we can predict with certainty with our club is we cannot predict what will happen.  We spent most of 14/15 rock bottom followed by championship winning form out of nowhere.  The we won the bloomin league and last year we didn't spend one minute in the top half of the table.  

Anything could happen.  

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

It's not possible to fluke a league title win.

7 hours ago, Spudulike said:

It's not possible to fluke a league title win.

Ffs where did I say it was. The person that wrote the article was not saying it was. But is pointing out some thick fvckers think it is.

try re reading what's been written.

before setting targets we need to see how the team starts off and see where we are around the Christmas period and then we can set targets of where we want to be. let's not kid ourselves it is going to be a tough season with a number of clubs chasing the same goals and we need to keep a pace with them and not fall behind

28 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

If Everton sign Gylfi then I think the highest we can achieve is 8th.. 

There's a whole world of players while Gylfi would be buzzing, if we miss out what's to say we won't get someone nobody has heard of ala Kante, an push on I honestly believe we could finish anywhere between 6th-16th next season an nobody can say clearly until the end of the transfer window.

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

Ffs where did I say it was. The person that wrote the article was not saying it was. But is pointing out some thick fvckers think it is.

try re reading what's been written.

sylofox, I know, I wasn't saying that. I agree with you. My comment was addressed to those thick fvckers, and I've spoken to a few.... ffs :rolleyes:

Archived