Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

Interestingly nobody actually seems to be defending Corbyn over this, not in here at least, and I think that's the right response to this sort of 'flexibility with the truth' to put it nicely.

Some of you lot eagerly taking the chance to stick the knife into Jez once more could take this opportunity to learn a thing or two about how to respond to blatant skulduggery by somebody you have a loose, arbitrary political affiliation with (ie. don't go scrambling to make excuses for them just because you feel that being somewhere on the same half of the vague mess that we call the political spectrum means you're on the same team and obliges you to play a role in their propaganda machine).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Interestingly nobody actually seems to be defending Corbyn over this, not in here at least, and I think that's the right response to this sort of 'flexibility with the truth' to put it nicely.

Some of you lot eagerly taking the chance to stick the knife into Jez once more could take this opportunity to learn a thing or two about how to respond to blatant skulduggery by somebody you have a loose, arbitrary political affiliation with (ie. don't go scrambling to make excuses for them just because you feel that being somewhere on the same half of the vague mess that we call the political spectrum means you're on the same team and obliges you to play a role in their propaganda machine).

Hiding away from it until it goes away is not morally superior carl, whatever you may think.

We are all as bad as each other, and this is just another deflection from condemnation and a point scoring post.

• Like 3

Guest Foxin_mad

Think everyone is being a bit unfair on uncle Jezza here. We all know he is just a nice old man who has nothing to gain, he just wants us all to share the wealth equally with his help. 

He is like everyone's favourite uncle. 

Just to get back to the everyday politics

Believe it or not.

UK unemployment fell by 65,000 to 1.36 million in three months to June - the lowest for more than 40 years, official figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show.

They also show a rise in productivity, but a slowdown in wage growth.

Wages, excluding bonuses, grew by 2.7% in the three months to June, compared with a year ago.

The ONS figures also showed the number of European Union nationals working in the UK fell by a record amount.

The fall was the largest annual amount since records began in 1997. It continues a trend seen since the 2016 Brexit vote.

The unemployment rate fell to 4% in the quarter to June. That was the lowest since the three months to February 1975, beating the figure expected by economists.

The drop came despite a smaller-than-expected number of jobs created over the three-month period of 42,000.

On productivity, the ONS also said output per hour worked grew by 1.5%, the biggest rise since late 2016.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45181079

Perhaps the European Nations are being replaced by UK Nationals :dunno:

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Hiding away from it until it goes away is not morally superior carl, whatever you may think.

We are all as bad as each other, and this is just another deflection from condemnation and a point scoring post.

Mate you're not reading the post very well if you interpret it as a "deflection from condemnation".  "Flexibility with the truth", "blatant skulduggery", these are not terms of endearment... not to me anyway.

And no I'm not as bad as you, I don't have a dog anus fetish for one thing :D 

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Decent results for this months employment figures. Amazing considering the Brexit uncertainty and a lot of big retailers shutting up shop. 

Edit: bugger stole my thunder. :cry:

Do you remember the George Osbourne speech before the Brexit vote. He predicted 820,000 job losses immediately after the vote, should the country vote for Brexit.

8 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Do you remember the George Osbourne speech before the Brexit vote. He predicted 820,000 job losses immediately after the vote, should the country vote for Brexit.

Yes.  What a twat.  We are still supposed to believe these idiots.

• Like 2

Guest MattP
2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

His supporters hiding away on here (not for the first when he's been found to be behaving terriby) doesn't really say much, but it's not important anyway. What is important now is what the response to this is from the MP's in his party, leaving aside his actions, we've also had blatent lies from him, blatent lies from his office and blatent false propaganda from the Labour press team that Goebbels would have been proud of, even throwing in the widows of the victims for good measure.

After all this, the Labour "moderates" now need to stand up and tell us whether or not they are going to campaign for this man to be the Prime Minister if a General Election is called, if the answer to that is yes then they are part of the problem they claim they are fighting against.

7 minutes ago, Wortho said:

The Tories don't have to do anything. Corbyn, Mcdonnell and Abbott are a disaster waiting to happen and will destroy themselves and the Labour party.

Could well be true.

However, I'm guessing that some on the other side of the fence are thinking exactly the same thing re the Tories and the Brexit situation/Boris.

So you've got two leading parties waiting for the other one to implode, and in the meantime...is there any actual governance going on?

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Could well be true.

However, I'm guessing that some on the other side of the fence are thinking exactly the same thing re the Tories and the Brexit situation/Boris.

So you've got two leading parties waiting for the other one to implode, and in the meantime...is there any actual governance going on?

The irony is that Corbyn wants Brexit.

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Could well be true.

We don need governing between july and october. :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Just to get back to the everyday politics

Believe it or not.

UK unemployment fell by 65,000 to 1.36 million in three months to June - the lowest for more than 40 years, official figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show.

They also show a rise in productivity, but a slowdown in wage growth.

Wages, excluding bonuses, grew by 2.7% in the three months to June, compared with a year ago.

The ONS figures also showed the number of European Union nationals working in the UK fell by a record amount.

The fall was the largest annual amount since records began in 1997. It continues a trend seen since the 2016 Brexit vote.

The unemployment rate fell to 4% in the quarter to June. That was the lowest since the three months to February 1975, beating the figure expected by economists.

The drop came despite a smaller-than-expected number of jobs created over the three-month period of 42,000.

On productivity, the ONS also said output per hour worked grew by 1.5%, the biggest rise since late 2016.

Perhaps the European Nations are being replaced by UK Nationals :dunno:

Afraid I dont believe this for a second.

The number of visible dossers on the streets of almost every town I go to are going up significantly.  

So unless being a layabout is a profession now (admittedly some of these people seem to be really fvcking good at it), regards the numbers, I smell the sh!t of a bull.

19 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yep, and according to a poll posted here recently over three-quarters of the Labour electorate don't. That is going to come to a head at some point.

I think a lot of Labour constituencies voted for Brexit, despite the Labour MP's running on the remain ticket.

Was it anything to do with project fear??  

9 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I think a lot of Labour constituencies voted for Brexit, despite the Labour MP's running on the remain ticket.

Was it anything to do with project fear??  

This was a poll of Labour voters (and Conservative and LibDem) across a variety of demographics taken just a couple of weeks ago. I know it was posted here but I can't seem to find the thing. :unsure:

47 minutes ago, atomicfox said:

Britain elects latest poll by BMG research puts labour up 2% .At this point he could take a dump on the holocaust memorial and his supporters would ignore it.

I can easily believe this. The right-wing propaganda is enabling Corbyn in the same way as the left-wing media enabled Trump in 2016. He’s a public punchbag, and most people are sympathetic to him now.

No-one really believes that he deliberately and knowingly put a wreath on the grave of one of the Munich terrorists!  The people who do pretend to believe this would never vote for Corbyn anyway, so he’s absolutely nothing to lose. The rest of the electorate are drawn to him as the dignified old man, who is the victim of outrageous lies and bullying.

It’s quite frightening really. Corbyn never makes the news for anything positive that he’s done or said. He’s only ever in the news as a Russian Spy, Terrorist sympathiser, Jew hater, Traitor, supporter of Serbian genocides etc etc etc.

If they want to stop Corbyn, they need to stop lieing about him!!

• Sad 1

Guest Foxin_mad
3 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

No-one really believes that he deliberately and knowingly put a wreath on the grave of one of the Munich terrorists!  The people who do pretend to believe this would never vote for Corbyn anyway, so he’s absolutely nothing to lose. The rest of the electorate are drawn to him as the dignified old man, who is the victim of outrageous lies and bullying.

Of course he did.  He is either incredibly dim or he deliberately and knowingly laid a wreath. 

Outrageous lies and bullying lol Perhaps he should stop lying himself then people might be able to take him seriously.

Despite his quickly lost original tag line 'good honest politics' his has become of the least trustworthy people in British politics.

This is why the man and the party are so dangerous, they will lie and stop at nothing to get into power and to keep it, this is why they are as frightening as the regimes in places like Venezuela. 

53 minutes ago, atomicfox said:

Britain elects latest poll by BMG research puts labour up 2% .At this point he could take a dump on the holocaust memorial and his supporters would ignore it.

It was done last Thursday so before this latest thing.

But it wouldn't surprise if it still made no difference, these things don't get though to a lot of people either because they don't really care or  they don't see it (it barely made it on the BBC news site until yesterday evening). And anyway, many people are so anti the Conservative and so keen for them to be out of government that he can anything and they'll still vote for him. Matt might say his supporters on here are hiding, I can't really think of anyone on here that is supportive of him over and above wanting an alternative government.

49 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

This was a poll of Labour voters (and Conservative and LibDem) across a variety of demographics taken just a couple of weeks ago. I know it was posted here but I can't seem to find the thing. :unsure:

@Buce posted it a while back I think.

10 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

Oh it's alright people. The man that wants to be PM doesn't know what he's actually doing when he attends these things and is gullible enough to go along with whatever. It's alright that he doesn't mean to be a ****, he's just too stupid to be anything else. PM material.

• Like 1