Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Stand up if you love Leicester

Stand up if you love Leicester.

With the news coming out this week that the Premier League have written to all 20 clubs gauging their feelings towards the introduction of 'Safe Standing' areas into stadiums.

The League is keen to find out whether clubs would be willing to pilot 'Safe Standing' sections.

We believe this is the perfect time for us as a fan base to contact the club urging them to complete the leagues questionnaire and become one of the torchbearers of bringing 'safe standing' to the league.

Safe Standing areas around Europe are noted for the impressive noise they generate. Leicester need only look just North of the border to see what a roaring success safe standing via rail-seating has been at Celtic's 'Celtic Park'.

To ensure our club moves forward as one of the torchbearers, we would encourage anyone who would be interested in seeing rail seating at Filbert way to get in touch with the club directly via [email protected] to express your thoughts.

UFS

5 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

Just read on sky West Brom have said they will test safe standing.

They've always been on board, LCFC have historically more reserved (in public at least) so it's even more important that people who are interested in seeing rail seating at the KP get in touch with them to try and influence their decision! 

4 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Would it not be easier to have some form of a petition we could all sign and then present it to the club? Surely that's better than inundating the club with thousands of emails?

Got to say that I agree with this.     It'll also probably put a few more thousand votes on it too if it's plain and simple ?

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

They should just do it. I'm all for safe standing.

However, if they do, can those who want to stand, go into the safe standing area and stop being fookin selfish by standing directly in front of people who want to sit.

:thumbup:

The club would need to be very careful to make sure demand didn't outstrip supply, as I could imagine the numbers of people wanting to stand at home games would actually increase if the ability to officially do so was brought in.

Just now, Voll Blau said:

The club would need to be very careful to make sure demand didn't outstrip supply, as I could imagine the numbers of people wanting to stand at home games would actually increase if the ability to officially do so was brought in.

I agree. That was pretty much my first thought. There are far more people wanting to stand than you'd imagine, I guess.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I agree. That was pretty much my first thought. There are far more people wanting to stand than you'd imagine, I guess.

Yeah, think it's the kind of thing that could be resolved with a poll of ST holders. But then, this is LCFC we're talking about...

11 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, think it's the kind of thing that could be resolved with a poll of ST holders. But then, this is LCFC we're talking about...

I think you'd be spot on. The safe standing area would be small and full of the spotty teenagers. It would be overly subscribed, leading to those who WERENT able to get a place in the safe standing area, having the hump, and arguing 'if they can stand, so can we', right in front of people who are perfectly happy sitting.

You can just see it...

It must be done with care.

I have always believed it should be marketed slightly different. It should be seen more as a 'Pro Choice' thing. As it stands, people see safe standing and think they want to rip my seat out. It's about giving people who want to make noise and jump up and down an opportunity to do that outside of a seating position. Similarly, a person who wants to sit avoids having their view blocked. Everyone wins. 

Be great to see away ends with half and half like Germany. Enjoyable for everyone - like unreserved seating could work. 

2 minutes ago, LCFCtotheprem said:

Difficult where to put it though? 

If it's put in the kop many near the away fans that stand won't move because they like the side view and the banter with away fans. 

Only place it would work would be in the Kop/East stand corner. That way no one's view gets blocked. 

Archived