Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baldeagle

One more signing

15 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

You right, apart from we play 4-4-1-1 with Okazaki in our side. 

Its aparent that Iheanacho will replace Okazaki in this formation.

From what I can gather, most people recognise this (on this forum) and simply wanted an out and out CAM to replace Okazaki, and retain the tried and tested 4-4-1-1, rather than Iheanacho.

We're not unhappy with Iheanacho, we just would have rather had Gylfi, Boudebouz or T Hazard in that role.

You don't speak for me there and I don't think we need a CAM at all. We did need someone to fit in the number 10 role and I think and I hope Iheanacho is that man. The brief 20 minutes the other night were promising and it's also a role he's been quoted as saying he prefers.

We do need creativity elsewhere, whether we lose Mahrez or not. What's more worrying is that should we end up losing Drinkwater to Chelsea too, we would be left thin on the ground.

2 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

You don't speak for me there and I don't think we need a CAM at all. We did need someone to fit in the number 10 role and I think and I hope Iheanacho is that man. The brief 20 minutes the other night were promising and it's also a role he's been quoted as saying he prefers.

We do need creativity elsewhere, whether we lose Mahrez or not. What's more worrying is that should we end up losing Drinkwater to Chelsea too, we would be left thin on the ground.

I don't see much difference, if any, in 'the 2nd Striker', 'No.10 role' or 'Centre Attacking Midfielder'

Thats really my point.

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

I don't see much difference, if any, in 'the 2nd Striker', 'No.10 role' or 'Centre Attacking Midfielder'

Thats really my point.

Correct there's not much difference. I just don't agree with what you say regarding this forum wanting "an out and out CAM," whatever that is. I prefer Iheanacho over the choice of players you picked from. The number 10 role is no longer the issue in my opinion. It's elsewhere.  

My frustration isn't with people who wanted sigurdsson rather than iheanacho, it's with people still going on about getting a CAM now that we have 

Iheanacho!

I (kind of) understand people being worried about creativity, but it has to come from the current positions, i.e. The wingers and Central Midfield. 

I wonder where we can get more creative though? Mahrez on the right (until he leaves) Albrighton/Gray on the left, James/DD in the middle (alongside Ndidi who sits).

In all fairness, the creativity should already be there........ they just have to perform as we know they can!

3 minutes ago, City1884 said:

My frustration isn't with people who wanted sigurdsson rather than iheanacho, it's with people still going on about getting a CAM now that we have 

Iheanacho!

I (kind of) understand people being worried about creativity, but it has to come from the current positions, i.e. The wingers and Central Midfield. 

I wonder where we can get more creative though? Mahrez on the right (until he leaves) Albrighton/Gray on the left, James/DD in the middle (alongside Ndidi who sits).

In all fairness, the creativity should already be there........ they just have to perform as we know they can!

And keep two of the players you have mentioned?

WELL HERE WE ARE 1ST GAME, and we are down 2 midfielders, so that means niddi and james or king. would have hoped we had signing a top class midfielder and another CB, but it appears we are more interested in signing kids for the 2d team, dont get it, but it is what it is 

1 hour ago, bpfox said:

WELL HERE WE ARE 1ST GAME, and we are down 2 midfielders, so that means niddi and james or king. would have hoped we had signing a top class midfielder and another CB, but it appears we are more interested in signing kids for the 2d team, dont get it, but it is what it is 

Don't disagree with the positions needed but does that mean we can't sign players with potential?

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Don't disagree with the positions needed but does that mean we can't sign players with potential?

no by all means sign as many young players as needed, but to start the new season we should have had a much stronger squad, with just those two extra signing we would be in a much better position. but lets wait till we see the result of the 1st game. if we hold are own then i was wrong if we get over run by the gunners who are i very good side then maybe we could need those extra players. GEE I HOPE IAM WRONG, GO THE FOXES.

Signing undergraduates are fine but that's all they are, Potential for the future. All they've done is replaced the ones who were let go.

When we talk about signings it should really be players who can make the top 20 first teamers. Then I'd keep the remaining 5 places for the promising young players coming through the like of Barnes etc to get them used to first team preparations and the Match day Experience. 

We really do need one or two first team signings as here we are first game and having to switch things around.

That's not a good start when we've had 3 Months to get players in. But I suspect we'll get at least one more in.

Ideally I think  we need a creative attacking midfielder to add to the mix. Thorgan Hazard would be a perfect choice (if he wants to come here) as he can play centrally or out wide. Imagine us being able to play him wide left and Mahrez wide right!! If Mahrez goes then we have our creative replacement ready to go. It basically means we could also have cover for  Kelechi as Thorgan can play in the same role behind or alongside  Vardy. 

Defensively I think we will sign another center back or a right back as cover before the end of the window. But the signing that could propel us to a possible another top four finish is Hazard or a similar player.  If we really were going to pay $40m for Gylfi I figure we are going to spend a good portion of that amount by the end of the window. Who we spend that money on will define if our season is a good o a great one!!

PS if it's really true Bournmouth will give us 20m for Gray I would take it and put t towards buying Thorgan as sadly I cannot see a good footballing brain on Gray, despite all the talent.

Its abit worrying that the transfers have gone abit quiet, not that the signings so far havn't been great but the squad just isnt at its best yet and needs a little more, especially a rb/cb to cover simpson and a creative winger / cam like thorgan hazard.

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 08:36, weller54 said:

Nah,  it's 2....

Can't count King! 

He'd likely have counted against arsenal late on if we'd had the sense to use him. 

One new signing? We need several to do ourselves justice.

14 hours ago, Micky said:

This transfer rumours have been pretty pants for weeks. All I want is a little hint from one of the insiders... Come on ramadaone, Albert, Abrasive, Moksky, Mad biker, Dickov, Up the league....

Nice call Micky how about it boys.

Archived