Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Where to go on the piss in Leicester

If we go out (me and the wife), we usually get a hotel in Birmingham. Leicester was quite lively back in the day as I recall. I remember that half decent club near the prison with the glass windows. These days a few drinks around some bars and letting the wife loose on the dance floor is an alternative to sitting at home on occasion.

I don't get to go out much with a bunch of "blokes", but next time I was thinking I might have some idea as to what's best.

20 minutes ago, MattP said:

High Cross, Lloyds, Voodoo, Parody, Yates, Undecided then Creation or Zanzibar. 

Had some brilliant nights in parody back in the day, think it's called Reynards now, creation and Zanzibar, but they are also different places now. 

19 minutes ago, simFox said:

If we go out (me and the wife), we usually get a hotel in Birmingham. Leicester was quite lively back in the day as I recall. I remember that half decent club near the prison with the glass windows. These days a few drinks around some bars and letting the wife loose on the dance floor is an alternative to sitting at home on occasion.

I don't get to go out much with a bunch of "blokes", but next time I was thinking I might have some idea as to what's best.

Was it called Jokers? Opposite the prison on the corner...

Can't believe people are talking about the Fan Club. Surely can't be the same one that was there about 25 years ago can it?

People will be saying next that Crystals and the Bear Cage are still going :)

30 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Can't believe people are talking about the Fan Club. Surely can't be the same one that was there about 25 years ago can it?

Yeah, that's where it was, can't remember what it was called though. Was a good night, played the music I liked (funky house) I also found a rolled up £50 note there too once.

I've only been out in Leicester 3/4 times as living in Northamptonshire there are plenty of places that are more local for a night out. Every time I have been out though I've never found it to be anything other than bang average. I think I spent 3 hours in mosh?? one night that I'll never get back lol

1 hour ago, simFox said:

Jokers, with the glass windows. Well it did have glass windows until one night a very angry chap who was refused entry popped round the back, started up a fork lift trucks & drove it straight though the glass windows. True story.

10 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sector 5 anyone?

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If you've only tried two pubs no wonder you think the place is shit.

Leicester's sound for drinking these days despite a couple of sad pub closures recently, though better for daytime seshes than nights out.

Well quite. So maybe worth asking before I write it off eh.

Any more details on these sound places you speak of?

19 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If you've only tried two pubs no wonder you think the place is shit.

Leicester's sound for drinking these days despite a couple of sad pub closures recently, though better for daytime seshes than nights out.

Daytime sessions shit on night sessions, not sure if that's an age thing but they do.

Archived