Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Electricity Sports 1960

Expensive Transfers

As I said in a previous thread King is only starting because Iborra is not yet fit enough to start a premier league match.  If Iborra had a full pre-season he would be starting ahead of King but it's going to take time for him to get fully up to speed and to get use to the league.  

Gray on the other hand is a complete mystery to me he did well in the cup match and I was disappointed with him not getting a start yesterday but surely his time will come soon if not this coming weekend.

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

King isn't preferred.

He's just simply not injured.

Neither is Iborra now, and the only way to get him up to speed is to play him, at the fitness level now, could he be worse than king, I doubt it.

Albrighton been awful all season, don't buy he helps out defensively, his hoof ball, spin and boot cost us possession over and over, gray could do a job whilst Albrighton is out of form.

Shakespeare is getting poor results, with the same team over and over again, the squad is there for a reason, he's got to start giving them a chance.

Just now, Monsell1976 said:

Neither is Iborra now, and the only way to get him up to speed is to play him, at the fitness level now, could he be worse than king, I doubt it.

Albrighton been awful all season, don't buy he helps out defensively, his hoof ball, spin and boot cost us possession over and over, gray could do a job whilst Albrighton is out of form.

Shakespeare is getting poor results, with the same team over and over again, the squad is there for a reason, he's got to start giving them a chance.

Iborra clearly isn't ready to start two games in a week against a team like Liverpool.

He's getting poor results against big teams and expected results against poor teams.

Judge him when we're not playing Liverpool, United, Chelsea etc every week.

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Iborra clearly isn't ready to start two games in a week against a team like Liverpool.

He's getting poor results against big teams and expected results against poor teams.

I saw us be dominated by huddlesfield, and get a very lucky point thanks to king diving.

The results against the big boys are not my concern, it's the ambition shown.

It took us to go two down yesterday, to have a real go against Liverpool, who had more pressure on the result than us.

Us little boys should play with no fear against the big teams, we are expected to lose, but trying to defend for 90 minutes isn't going to get the shock results that happen.

I'm not calling for Shakespeare head, I'm just frustrated he's showing to much respect to teams, being over cautious, we look like we don't really have a game plan, other than don't let one in and boot it long to vardy, we have worn that one out, it worked once, but not now.

And I'm frustrated he refuses to change, and persist with the same tactics/ team and gets the same results.

I don't want a new manager, I just want him to adapt and improve, which at present he's failing to do.

He could start by shaking the team up, rather than those not getting the results, knowing no matter what, they in next game, give the others a chance.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

We were shit at Huddersfield 

Just now, AKCJ said:

Never said we weren't.

True.

I just get fed up of the "tough start/tough teams" rubbish. Yet we played Huddersfield, not a tough team, and were largely dominated.

Liverpool aren't brilliant. We're talking about a side that are defensively poor and hadn't won away all season - Watford got a result against them at home.

We've got Bournemouth next, we should be looking to win, I want to see changes and I want to see the likes of Iborra in.

3 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Agree... iborra  massively off the pace on tuesday....he could have had another 90 mins yesterday and would be nearer to being pl ready. 

I think shakey is too cautios to do anything radical..... but like england. .. picking the same side is getting the same results

30 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

True.

I just get fed up of the "tough start/tough teams" rubbish. Yet we played Huddersfield, not a tough team, and were largely dominated.

Liverpool aren't brilliant. We're talking about a side that are defensively poor and hadn't won away all season - Watford got a result against them at home.

We've got Bournemouth next, we should be looking to win, I want to see changes and I want to see the likes of Iborra in.

Lets go through the games.

Arsenal away - Battered them and gave them a serious scare, two individual mistakes cost us the game.

Brighton home - Comfortable.

United away - kept them out for 70 odd minutes, they're clearly a class outfit.

Chelsea home - Kasper mistake the difference, they're clearly a class outfit.

Huddersfield away - Not good enough but got a point and Vardy should have won it for us.

Liverpool home - Coutinho is a 120m+ player and it showed. Vardy should have got us a point.

That's a tough start in anyone's book and it's not like we've got what we've deserved either. Could easily have taken points off Liverpool. Chelsea and Arsenal.

Shakespeare's true test comes in his next run of games;

Bournemouth (A)

WBA (H)

Swansea (A)

Everton (H)
Stoke (A)

53 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Lets go through the games.

Arsenal away - Battered them and gave them a serious scare, two individual mistakes cost us the game.

Brighton home - Comfortable.

United away - kept them out for 70 odd minutes, they're clearly a class outfit.

Chelsea home - Kasper mistake the difference, they're clearly a class outfit.

Huddersfield away - Not good enough but got a point and Vardy should have won it for us.

Liverpool home - Coutinho is a 120m+ player and it showed. Vardy should have got us a point.

That's a tough start in anyone's book and it's not like we've got what we've deserved either. Could easily have taken points off Liverpool. Chelsea and Arsenal.

Shakespeare's true test comes in his next run of games;

Bournemouth (A)

WBA (H)

Swansea (A)

Everton (H)
Stoke (A)

if they don't take at least 7-8 points ..then get ready for a relegation dog fight

Feel like I'm scraping the barrel a bit here but maybe after completing 90 minutes midweek, it just wasn't right to rely on him too much again yesterday.

But if he was deemed fully fit for yesterday and King is still preferred to him then there has to be serious questions asked. For £12mil I want someone who'll come in and make a noticeable impact, not someone who we end up deeming worse than King.

Archived