Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Football Manager 2018

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Did someone from sports interactive shag your missus or run over your dog or something? 

Lol, i just hate the constant regurgitated content year after year for what is essentially a patch. All what seems to be happening is that the spreadsheet is becoming more congested. 

I do resent the fact some games are without doubt scripted. Fanboys of course would point to SI insisting it isnt but my experience of the series tells me different. Does anyone remember that programme that could play the same game multiple times with 1,130x tactical tweaks to ensure a winning outcome? Well i recall doing that on some games and never winning. Even after 'destroying' the opposition team so all stats went to 1.

Its just a randomly escalated spreadsheet 

Edited by somebum

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You're welcome to not like the game, some of your points are valid. 

But it's just you seem to post in here every week just going "it's shit." Not sure I get why really. 

Pretty sure people realise you're not a fan. Why keep reading the thread? 

Like the game its very addictive. Im still playing 2007 - think that was one of the better versions. Eddie Johnson - legend.

Is it just slow for me or everyone? I saw a lot of complaints saying how slow it was but struggle to believe after nearly 3 months it hasnt been resolved? I always thought it was my PC because sometimes its fine something its shit. Usually if I leave the game running for 30mins and come back it turns to mush. I find it virtually unplayable. The match engine this is, it gives me a ****ing headache trying to watch it. The rest of the game I can handle being shit because i've never had the fastest running PC to play this but this game i've gotten into watching 3d

A question for players of the game:

Do you set individual player instructions first or your overall team instructions?

I notice some team instructions stopping you using certain player instructions.

An example is if you say "close down much more" as a team instruction, you cant then tell a certain player to close down more relative to the other players.

Also when using an opposition instruction to mark a player tightly, do you then set an induvidual player instruction for WHO?

IE you select their left back to be marked tightly. 

Do you also tell your right midfielder to mark the left back tightly? 

Just interested as to what happens if you duplicate an instruction

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Is it just slow for me or everyone? I saw a lot of complaints saying how slow it was but struggle to believe after nearly 3 months it hasnt been resolved? I always thought it was my PC because sometimes its fine something its shit. Usually if I leave the game running for 30mins and come back it turns to mush. I find it virtually unplayable. The match engine this is, it gives me a ****ing headache trying to watch it. The rest of the game I can handle being shit because i've never had the fastest running PC to play this but this game i've gotten into watching 3d

This is why i like the older versions, a lot more lite, not loads of shite on the screen , so much text and options that do nothing

15 games left with Vaduz, 5pts clear at the top with a game in hand. Still fully expect the game to take a shit on me at some point, we're usually there or thereabouts at this stage of the season but not usually thia far ahead. We've only conceded 2 in our last 12 games amazingly, didn't even realise until after my last game ? This has happened after I was embarrased by some Bosnian team in the 2nd quali round for the Europa. First time i'd joined after the 1st round and knocked out immediately when last year we made it to the group stages ?

Ive lost in the conference north playoffs twice in 3 seasons. Once with Stockport and now with FC United of Manchester.

Im now about to kick off a season with only 15 senior players.

Managing at this level is trying my patience

On 1/13/2018 at 14:41, Walkers said:

15 games left with Vaduz, 5pts clear at the top with a game in hand. Still fully expect the game to take a shit on me at some point, we're usually there or thereabouts at this stage of the season but not usually thia far ahead. We've only conceded 2 in our last 12 games amazingly, didn't even realise until after my last game ? This has happened after I was embarrased by some Bosnian team in the 2nd quali round for the Europa. First time i'd joined after the 1st round and knocked out immediately when last year we made it to the group stages ?

Woo! Stick your Blyth Spartans PL winners in 8 seasons up your arse, finally got Vaduz promoted after 4 years of struggle lol Lost 3 games out of 36, 5 in 47 in all comps over the season. My Liechtensteiner left back who I sold for 500k after my first season and then loaned back for the next 3.... is coming back on a free transfer lol Also signing a young Swiss Basel CB on a free who I had on loan a couple of times. Proper lucked out when I had Basel pop up as a parent club, their youth pool is gigantic as well as talented. My leagues top scorer usually comes on loan from Basel and this season was no different.. the bloke scored 36 in 34 games for the side who finished 3rd.

Oh and i've qualified for the Europa League again thanks to a 2-0 win over Vaduz u21's in the cup final.

24D2210C2D8F5C4865D236EA82BCAFFB26EBC9A4

Fourth season in, a few quality signings has led to a massive upturn in form and currently sitting fourth in the Serie A with Parma. 

One of my squad strikers, 32 year old Giuseppe Rossi had been largely injury free for about 18 months, and was making pretty regular first team appearances from the bench, replacing either Alberto Paloschi or Fabio Ceravolo up front.

However, last night he did his ACL in again, for the 3rd(?) time in his career, and ten days later announced his immediate retirement due to the injury, and I got a pretty tidy insurance payout as a result. I've never had anything like that happen to me in previous games, thought it was pretty realistic.

Edited by RoboFox

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Fourth season in, a few quality signings has led to a massive upturn in form and currently sitting fourth in the Serie A with Parma. 

One of my squad strikers, 32 year old Giuseppe Rossi had been largely injury free for about 18 months, and was making pretty regular first team appearances from the bench, replacing either Alberto Paloschi or Fabio Ceravolo up front.

However, last night he did his ACL in again, for the 3rd(?) time in his career, and ten days later announced his immediate retirement due to the injury, and I got a pretty tidy insurance payout as a result. I've never had anything like that happen to me in previous games, thought it was pretty realistic.

You deserve some sort of lifetime achievement award for Keeping Rossi injury free for 18 months!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AjcW said:

You deserve some sort of lifetime achievement award for Keeping Rossi injury free for 18 months!

I say "largely" as in he regularly had something wrong with him, but never spent considerable time out until he knackered himself for the last time. #PrayForGiuseppe

So when I play lesser sides I see them end up making mistakes when in possession like standing still and waiting for me to take the ball off them, keeping the ball and then aimlessly hoofing it to me etc.

Now i'm promoted i'm on the other side of it sometimes. Any ways to avoid it? Or is the game just shit like that. Sounds obvious but i've detected "big club bias" in every FM i've played anyway.

14 hours ago, Walkers said:

So when I play lesser sides I see them end up making mistakes when in possession like standing still and waiting for me to take the ball off them, keeping the ball and then aimlessly hoofing it to me etc.

Now i'm promoted i'm on the other side of it sometimes. Any ways to avoid it? Or is the game just shit like that. Sounds obvious but i've detected "big club bias" in every FM i've played anyway.

Is it not tied in to your players morale, their expectations, their ambition, their "big matches" attributes etc? 

There's myriad different hidden stats in the game. 

17 hours ago, Walkers said:

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Is it not tied in to your players morale, their expectations, their ambition, their "big matches" attributes etc? 

There's myriad different hidden stats in the game. 

I think you're giving the game too much credit here, Finners. I play it all the time and yep, sometimes these things happen because of the stats, of course. But mostly these things happen because the match engine is a minger and players spanner out all the time.

Edited by RoboFox

Getting interesting now. I had a decent LB last year become eligible to play for Liechtenstein and has since made his debut. In the last few months these two have decided to make themselves available for a call up as they won't get in the Swiss squad. Will be cool to see if Liechtenstein can improve

2E4863DE844280881C4F1E321EA108023179ECFC

1D5AECA7CBD335A0A8D8A1894D8110EDB2B521E6

Had a solid start in the Super League though. W3 D5 L2. Knocked out in the final Europa League qualifying round by Fiorentina.