Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

'Plaudits for our atmosphere' ?! Not any more

1 hour ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Oh yes it did for the great escape and large chunk of 2015/16 season Dan, maybe there' s a reason in those periods?:P Oh and even then the Palace wannabes were singing their new/different songs at times but were drowned out by the majority singing what they knew. Fair play for trying but sorry they did not make a massive difference ,what happened on the pitch did!

The same Palace wannabes who got grief for apparently not joining in with We Love You when everyone was on that bandwagon copying Palace? "They're starting new/different songs", but people are always complaining about how shit our songbook is? They seriously can't win sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

SK1 will always give way and join in when they do hear other parts of the ground though, but getting literally everyone in the ground who wants to sing together is the main issue - an issue which the club have no desire to address.

Kop singers won't move because the seats are cheaper behind the goal and many, understandably, don't want to pay East Stand rates. L1/K/N won't move because they'd rather be next to the away fans - and in any case fans in other parts of the ground wouldn't relocate to accommodate a big singing section.

So in those circumstances, you just have to make the best of it.

Not always what ive heard Voll but maybe in my 5th decade i may need my ears testing? i genuinely appreciate efforts to improve noise levels its good for the team. I just find certain elements to be more about "look at us" and "who we are" as opposed to the alleged aim of improving the atmosphere in the KP. Do people in L1 and surrounding areas have or need a gang name? 

1 minute ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Not always what ive heard Voll but maybe in my 5th decade i may need my ears testing? i genuinely appreciate efforts to improve noise levels its good for the team. I just find certain elements to be more about "look at us" and "who we are" as opposed to the alleged aim of improving the atmosphere in the KP. Do people in L1 and surrounding areas have or need a gang name? 

An attitude like that doesn't exist with the group though. People are welcome to join or not join. Union FS aren't better Fans than anyone else. 

You seem to dislike the fact they've given themselves a collective name, correct me if I'm wrong. However by having a name they're able to have a seat on Leicester's FCC, become a member of the FSF and allows the group to campaign effectively. 

For people that think they have an attitude issue, I'd seriously recommend going for a pint with them. Comments about the "look at us" attitude were probably right 3 years ago but I'd say they're baseless at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The same Palace wannabes who got grief for apparently not joining in with We Love You when everyone was on that bandwagon copying Palace? "They're starting new/different songs", but people are always complaining about how shit our songbook is? They seriously can't win sometimes.

I make that comment based on black T Shirted Ultra style support that UFS seem to be aspiring to? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Regarding songbooks  we're not on XFactor, loud, proud witty and funny always seem to catch on also recent Iborra and Silva songs imo hilarious.

20 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Indeed Dan, I said would be, a point I was making was L1 may start a chant which we can clearly hear in SK3/4 area and is joined in with yet very often SK1 are singing or starting different songs which make it a mismatched mess!

10 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Oh yes it did for the great escape and large chunk of 2015/16 season Dan, maybe there' s a reason in those periods?:P Oh and even then the Palace wannabes were singing their new/different songs at times but were drowned out by the majority singing what they knew. Fair play for trying but sorry they did not make a massive difference ,what happened on the pitch did!

Not sure this is true, both SK1 and L1 admit they can't really hear each other, not wanting to go over the whole acoustics issue again, but it would seems as L1 in general are singing across the pitch the sound doesn't really travel to SK1 and vice versa as SK1 are singing over 5 blocks of heads before hitting L1.

As for the Great escape and title season, think you may already be getting a little nostalgic, the clappers helped, although in the main, they tend to actually drown out any lyrics, but I would suggest that the fact the family stand was joining in with L1 was the main reason the ground sounded so loud, with both the Kop and Family stand singing it was bound to sound good, the fact the family stand loved the whole WLY really helped, since Claudio left and we can't use the Europe version, this has had an impact, I for one wouldn't like to see the palace version return, but I guess kids found that a lot easier to get on board with, compared to under the lights, Leicester boys are we etc.

It's a real shame that we have gone from being praised for the racket we made, to having to argue the pro's and con's of a group set up to try improve what was a soul less bowl for over a decade, I do think one negative of winning the league and it all going south so quickly is, people are again much less tolerant, I think by the time the great escape came round UFS had helped drown out the negatives, unfortunately having attended Fleetwood on Sat, by the end of the game, as you may well have heard, although, I'm told they turned the telly mics, down near our fans, probably due to the use of the C word early on lol you couldn't hear us, but there was plenty of anger and booing and general abuse of players etc, I'd hate home games to become like that again.

I make that comment based on black T Shirted Ultra style support that UFS seem to be aspiring to? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Regarding songbooks  we're not on XFactor, loud, proud witty and funny always seem to catch on also recent Iborra and Silva songs imo hilarious.

You are wrong. The black t-shirt thing is a complete myth. Anyone who'd actually taken a single look at their section on matchdays could tell you that.

Just because a group of supporters decide to get organised in a bid to help improve the atmosphere doesn't mean they've any desire to copy anyone else's style/songs/whatever. A quick chat with anyone involved with UFS and you'd see all they want is for Leicester's songbook to be traditional, original, witty and - most importantly - loud.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

You are wrong. The black t-shirt thing is a complete myth. Anyone who'd actually taken a single look at their section on matchdays could tell you that.

Just because a group of supporters decide to get organised in a bid to help improve the atmosphere doesn't mean they've any desire to copy anyone else's style/songs/whatever. A quick chat with anyone involved with UFS and you'd see all they want is for Leicester's songbook to be traditional, original, witty and - most importantly - loud.

If that is the case then brilliant and I am delighted that it's not about self promotion and egos any more or copying them Ultra wannabe dicks from Palace. I will take a wander down from Sk3 and observe at a future home game!  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Not sure this is true, both SK1 and L1 admit they can't really hear each other, not wanting to go over the whole acoustics issue again, but it would seems as L1 in general are singing across the pitch the sound doesn't really travel to SK1 and vice versa as SK1 are singing over 5 blocks of heads before hitting L1.

As for the Great escape and title season, think you may already be getting a little nostalgic, the clappers helped, although in the main, they tend to actually drown out any lyrics, but I would suggest that the fact the family stand was joining in with L1 was the main reason the ground sounded so loud, with both the Kop and Family stand singing it was bound to sound good, the fact the family stand loved the whole WLY really helped, since Claudio left and we can't use the Europe version, this has had an impact, I for one wouldn't like to see the palace version return, but I guess kids found that a lot easier to get on board with, compared to under the lights, Leicester boys are we etc.

It's a real shame that we have gone from being praised for the racket we made, to having to argue the pro's and con's of a group set up to try improve what was a soul less bowl for over a decade, I do think one negative of winning the league and it all going south so quickly is, people are again much less tolerant, I think by the time the great escape came round UFS had helped drown out the negatives, unfortunately having attended Fleetwood on Sat, by the end of the game, as you may well have heard, although, I'm told they turned the telly mics, down near our fans, probably due to the use of the C word early on lol you couldn't hear us, but there was plenty of anger and booing and general abuse of players etc, I'd hate home games to become like that again.

Bay I swear sat in SK3 towards the back I can clearly hear chants from L1 often moreso  than SK1, not criticising, just saying as it is!

6 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

What is your problem? I've stood up there maybe 4 or 5 times with them and it was 1000 times better than every other part of the ground. The were also instrumental in the atmosphere at Newcastle being better than most league atmospheres in years! The idea behind the name is obviously so everyone knows where to head to enjoy a bit of fvcking atmosphere at home for once, it's nothing to do with having an ego or gang name. We now all know to head to the back of SK1 if you want to hear some noise at a home game, so they've clearly made a name for themselves, good on them too.

If that is the case then brilliant and I am delighted that it's not about self promotion and egos any more or copying them Ultra wannabe dicks from Palace. I will take a wander down from Sk3 and observe at a future home game!  

Nice one. Feel free to pop up for a chat. :thumbup:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

What is your problem? I've stood up there maybe 4 or 5 times with them and it was 1000 times better than every other part of the ground. The were also instrumental in the atmosphere at Newcastle being better than most league atmospheres in years! The idea behind the name is obviously so everyone knows where to head to enjoy a bit of fvcking atmosphere at home for once, it's nothing to do with having an ego or gang name. We now all know to head to the back of SK1 if you want to hear some noise at a home game, so they've clearly made a name for themselves, good on them too.

I don't have a problem I have a point of view and I clearly stated what these issues were and had interesting debates and discussions with some posters who freely admitted there were elements that I didn' like previously ,but are no more! 

Regarding the name and finding where to go ..... Could you not find SK1 without a name? So that point is total b.s.

Sadly  you get the ignorant aggressive replies from you and some idiot who called people with a different point of view ****wits.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Bay I swear sat in SK3 towards the back I can clearly hear chants from L1 often moreso  than SK1, not criticising, just saying as it is!

I didn't say you were, it's about where the projected noise is heading, I'm told SK4 regularly attempt to start songs, but as they are facing the pitch the noise produced travels forward, not side ways so by the time it reaches SK1 it has already died out, same problem with SK1, like I said when L1 did we love you you can hardly hear it, but when the family stand started to join in, they are facing us so the noise projected towards us, and boy could you here them.

People can choose not to join in with SK1 if they want and that's fine, I'm stood just to the right of them as you look at the stand and have been since we moved grounds, and all I'm saying is, that was once an empty corner with no atmosphere at all, moving ground killed the kop and split the standers, who mainly decided on L1, for a decade the kop was shite, now I can't vouch for SK2/3/4 but SK1 is now mainly standing for 1 block and most of the top 5 or 6 rows near us, and the atmosphere is several times better than it was, and whilst they maybe a small group, they make one hell of a difference to my matchday, several times during the 00's i nearly gave up as going down, standing in a 2/3rd's full ground with seats littered around everywhere was horrid, coupled with shite football.

I have accepted earlier, I had the same reservations you have, with the Fosse Boys, but UFS have a good mixture of young, old etc, and in the main, they just go to enjoy like minded company, sing a few songs drink and few beers and waste good money on some excellent tifos, spending hours of there own time to get little or no thanks in return, yes part of me thinks they are mad as well, but I am struggling to see how they do any harm, apart from the fact that people have pre-conceived ideas about who and what they are.

I for one, hope they don't all get fed up and start going to Bochum ever week, because it's a cold old 90 mins in an empty stand with the odd verse of Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, and Come on Leicester when we win a corner, because for 10 years, that's about all we had, coupled with plenty of booing and scape goating of Gareth Williams, Richie Wellens, Josh Low or whoever it may have been, we as fans hit the ultimate high with the 2015/16 season, but in the main, the kop has never been as good as it has been in the last 6 or so years, I hope that if in SK1 or SK4 over time we can get more and more people to join in, be it with old skool classics, or modern songs, we all agree that it can only help the players to have vocal backing over verbal abuse.

Edited by Bayfox
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I don't have a problem I have a point of view and I clearly stated what these issues were and had interesting debates and discussions with some posters who freely admitted there were elements that I didn' like previously ,but are no more! 

Regarding the name and finding where to go ..... Could you not find SK1 without a name? So that point is total b.s.

Sadly  you get the ignorant aggressive replies from you and some idiot who called people with a different point of view ****wits.

I mean, it wasn't aggressive, but okay. I just find it utterly bizarre you seem(ed) to have a problem (not problem, point of view) with a group of people who simply want to improve the atmosphere and have a good time.

8 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I genuinely will do at some point soon!:thumbup:

Sure there will be a pint of some foreign lager on the bar in the criterion if you ever wanted a pre match chat lol I spent plenty of time with a few of them in Brugge and we had one hell of a time.

As for the name, as was pointed out, as a recognised fans group, they have the right to speak to FSF, a good relationship with the club, can help lobby supporters views, and regularly have a member on the clubs FCC, meaning when they speak to the club they are speaking on behalf of a group, not putting forward 1 persons, view or agenda, you may feel they push their own agenda for all I know, but I don't think that is true to the best of my knowledge. Yes they are always seeking ways to help expand or improve what they already have and the fact the club listens has to be another positive, if I rock up on my own, I don't think Susan would give me the time of day.

I like some of the ultra stuff, other bits just seem too contrived.

The problem we have in England is those clubs who have Ultra style groups often have very few participating fans.  You go to Germany for example and whole ends are dedicated to ultras.  When you have 20-30 lads doing it here it just doesn't sound or look very impressive.

Not to take anything away from those who start such groups because at least they are trying to do something and often put a lot of time and effort into it.  I just wish the numbers were larger. 

We've seen at clubs like Celtic with the green brigade how there numbers have grown through the years and it really has transformed their home and away atmosphere.  It wasn't that long ago their away fans would all sit down and atmosphere was poor.  Now its colourful, noisy and they all stand.  The same has happened at Rangers too.

But it's incredibly important for the club to designate a good size area of the ground and sell that area as a singing section, the clubs that have done this (Like derby) have seen a huge improvement.  SK1 on its own isn't large enough area to really change the atmosphere and the positioning of that area isn't great either.

So we're really up against it at the walkers to change the atmosphere.

If enough fans wanted it and put continued pressure on the club to get a section (say behind the goal) like derby fans did then maybe things would change.  This would mean moving people from their season ticket holding seats to other areas, this has been achieved at other clubs so no reason why it couldn't happen at the walkers, but if fans don't put pressure on the club nothing will ever change.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jackubu said:

An attitude like that doesn't exist with the group though. People are welcome to join or not join. Union FS aren't better Fans than anyone else. 

You seem to dislike the fact they've given themselves a collective name, correct me if I'm wrong. However by having a name they're able to have a seat on Leicester's FCC, become a member of the FSF and allows the group to campaign effectively. 

For people that think they have an attitude issue, I'd seriously recommend going for a pint with them. Comments about the "look at us" attitude were probably right 3 years ago but I'd say they're baseless at the moment. 

Just to add on the FSF, you ever have a problem with a copper or a steward Union FS a good place to start. They speak to FSF and know the in’s and out’s regards your rights. 

Its important to have a lobby group in this sense. Someone to challenge. It’s like any large organisation; of course you’ll have people with different motives for going down the football but that’s how society works and it works as a democracy. I know three or four of the lads and they are absolutely diamond blokes. They never fail to say hello to me or ask how I am. 

They are careful not to lecture and every bit of wording they send out literally says ‘if you want to join in’. There’s no ‘you must’. 

The suggestion about singing over songs etc is absolutely nonsense. When chanting was at its height on terraces, the beauty of a terrace was that a set of mates would join together. So you’d have the same thing of ‘different groups’. If one chant gets louder, it takes over. That’s what happens in football crowds. 

• Like 3

The thing is it's not been in the British culture to have "ultra" style atmospheres. In other European leagues it has been for a very long time. 

Especially after Hillsborough with all the health and safety stuff. We have no safe standing and clubs shit themselves whenever someone lets a pyro off. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

The thing is it's not been in the British culture to have "ultra" style atmospheres. In other European leagues it has been for a very long time. 

It's not as established as you might think on many parts of the continent actually. A lot of groups have only sprung up in the last 20 years or so.

It's a separate debate, and not really relevant to this discussion, but I agree that just out and out copying Ultras style will never work, in the main, here. We have our terrace traditions and should be proud of them - but there's no reason why we can't build on that with other ideas too.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I didn't say you were, it's about where the projected noise is heading, I'm told SK4 regularly attempt to start songs, but as they are facing the pitch the noise produced travels forward, not side ways so by the time it reaches SK1 it has already died out, same problem with SK1, like I said when L1 did we love you you can hardly hear it, but when the family stand started to join in, they are facing us so the noise projected towards us, and boy could you here them.

People can choose not to join in with SK1 if they want and that's fine, I'm stood just to the right of them as you look at the stand and have been since we moved grounds, and all I'm saying is, that was once an empty corner with no atmosphere at all, moving ground killed the kop and split the standers, who mainly decided on L1, for a decade the kop was shite, now I can't vouch for SK2/3/4 but SK1 is now mainly standing for 1 block and most of the top 5 or 6 rows near us, and the atmosphere is several times better than it was, and whilst they maybe a small group, they make one hell of a difference to my matchday, several times during the 00's i nearly gave up as going down, standing in a 2/3rd's full ground with seats littered around everywhere was horrid, coupled with shite football.

I have accepted earlier, I had the same reservations you have, with the Fosse Boys, but UFS have a good mixture of young, old etc, and in the main, they just go to enjoy like minded company, sing a few songs drink and few beers and waste good money on some excellent tifos, spending hours of there own time to get little or no thanks in return, yes part of me thinks they are mad as well, but I am struggling to see how they do any harm, apart from the fact that people have pre-conceived ideas about who and what they are.

I for one, hope they don't all get fed up and start going to Bochum ever week, because it's a cold old 90 mins in an empty stand with the odd verse of Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, and Come on Leicester when we win a corner, because for 10 years, that's about all we had, coupled with plenty of booing and scape goating of Gareth Williams, Richie Wellens, Josh Low or whoever it may have been, we as fans hit the ultimate high with the 2015/16 season, but in the main, the kop has never been as good as it has been in the last 6 or so years, I hope that if in SK1 or SK4 over time we can get more and more people to join in, be it with old skool classics, or modern songs, we all agree that it can only help the players to have vocal backing over verbal abuse.

Bay as a lifetime fan,since a starry eyed 6 year old in 1969, I have supported and loved our great club even during many many shite and depressing :P years!

I have never criticised UFS for the efforts and sentiment behind what they were trying to achieve. Loud singing and support can only help the lads on the pitch, my issue was an apparent  leaning towards the Ultra style support (imo copying Palace) was fragmenting this aim and diluting it. 

It also appeared that a focus became more about "look at us" than rallying the troops and making a noise "march on Wembley" large banners about UFS at Wembley as opposed to LCFC banners.

All us fans support LCFC so I couldn't  and still don't get why the massive UFS banner? Just an opinion not a criticism.

Pete's raspy voice still starts chants just behind and to the left of me (old school classics), some start to the right in SK2 and obviously SK1 & L1. As Purple has stated some is good when it's not working it's cringey!

2 hours ago, Jackubu said:

Consider yourself corrected:D my issue has never been with the name, it's always been the impression that it was becoming an egotistical self promotion exercise "look at us" 

This has been covered off now with some balanced and informative posts and I am relieved now that we are not Palace dick fan copycats or wannabe Ultras. To hear that there isn' t a black t-shirt gang like Palace was music to my ears.

3 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Consider yourself corrected:D my issue has never been with the name, it's always been the impression that it was becoming an egotistical self promotion exercise "look at us" 

This has been covered off now with some balanced and informative posts and I am relieved now that we are not Palace dick fan copycats or wannabe Ultras. To hear that there isn' t a black t-shirt gang like Palace was music to my ears.

Ah apologies, look forward to seeing you at a home game ?