Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newcastle (A) Post Match Thread 2 - 3

2 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

So you are trying to tell me Newcastle were as good as us ?

No, and sort of regretting this huge debate now, lol. I only piped up because people were having a go a the few who made some points about the negative aspects of our game and now i've got caught up in slating us because apparently its not ok to criticise this weekend

But in a nutshell: Newcastle were shit, we were loads better than them and made it a tighter affair than it should have been by a bit of painful-to-see slackness.

Dunno why thats so hard for people to hear. Much of our game, particularly going forward, was great and we far outclassed them

9 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Iborra is 29 ? Young to me but not in footballing terms.

They didn't say Iborra was young, they said Chilwell was young 

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

But in a nutshell: Newcastle were shit, we were loads better than them and made it a tighter affair than it should have been by a bit of painful-to-see slackness.

Dunno why thats so hard for people to hear.

It's not, and thats not what you said. Saying we didn't deserve to win is massively different to saying we made it harder than we needed to.

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

No, and sort of regretting this huge debate now, lol. I only piped up because people were having a go a the few who made some points about the negative aspects of our game and now i've got caught up in slating us because apparently its not ok to criticise this weekend

Dunno why thats so hard for people to hear. Much of our game, particularly going forward, was great and we far outclassed them

Don't worry about it, some people will want your blood until the end of time, it's no big deal...

7 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

That's better;)

And a true reflection

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It isn't the finished article but the progress is undeniable. You've got to hand it to Puel. He's had no transfer window at all and has got us playing our best football since the title win. We played some fantastic stuff in the first half today.

Great away day and a big three points. Potential to keep the winning run going too I think.

When we got the winner there were scenes in our end.. lol

We were easily the best side yesterday. Newcastle will have to be very careful or they'll be relegated. They were worse than I'd imagined.

Iborra is just class btw. Love watching him now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

When we got the winner there were scenes in our end.. lol

We were easily the best side yesterday. Newcastle will have to be very careful or they'll be relegated. They were worse than I'd imagined.

Iborra is just class btw. Love watching him now.

I've never been to St James'....is oxygen required?

11 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:
11 hours ago, Webbo said:
3rd match on MOTD tonight.

Seriously, why is Spurs' traditional humping of Stoke first on? I honestly thought Palace/Bournemouth would be a better option for first game.

lol Doesnt Mark Hughes usually say how honoured he is to have been thrashed by them? 

12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I've never been to St James'....is oxygen required?

I've never climbed as many flights of stairs to get to a seat in a football stadium. St James is a truly impressive ground. The players looked like little worker ants, scurrying about, although the view was pretty excellent actually.

What wasn't excellent was the noise made by the Geordies. Apart from when they scored, it was just like a library. Indicative I guess of their current form.

We made a racket yesterday to be fair.

• Like 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

I've never climbed as many flights of stairs to get to a seat in a football stadium. St James is a truly impressive ground. The players looked like little worker ants, scurrying about, although the view was pretty excellent actually.

What wasn't excellent was the noise made by the Geordies. Apart from when they scored, it was just like a library. Indicative I guess of their current form.

We made a racket yesterday to be fair.

I had a look at trains for yesterday, and realised I couldn't get home. It's one I hope to do at some point.

we were the better team, there is no denying that, the ref could've given us 2-3 pens. but let's not gloss over the negatives. the defensive positioning against counter attacks and passes behind the fullbacks are still a big problem, think iborra didn't have the best of games, a bit sloppy with the ball. n'didi on the other hand, he was a beast!

think it's a matter of time and chemistry, let puel have his transfer window, then we will get a better view of the team

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If you do, do what we did and stay over. Newcastle late at night is fantastic. We ended up in a club called 'flares' and had a magic time.

Clubbing - at your age :D

Glad you had a good time mate :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

And I am the dark destroyer of bad grammar and inadequate spelling. Should we deploy to the Foxes Forum on the.....DarkWeb? Plus, I owe you a reply anyway.

I've largely stopped correcting grammar etc - if I can understand it, it's good enough.

But Clamatus was very good - our new centurion in defence...

I think we're due a battering soon. We're edging poor teams at the mo. The football is more enjoyable but the back 4 look more exposed and the attacking midfielders are being pretty wasteful at times. Vardy isn't getting a sniff some games. 

I am honestly loving having a tactician as a manager but I do think there's a lot to work on. On paper our side is immense but although results are good I feel we can get more out of them. 

• Like 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

To be charitable to you @sdb, no system is perfect, and mistakes will be made.

However, did you notice the considerable upside? There's a lot going right.

Absolutely. I always have to play devils advocate and everyone on here is so bloody positive ATM!