Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newcastle (A) Post Match Thread 2 - 3

Iborra is really quite a player.  

Chil can be sloppy but he's very young.  For me he stays in the side easily.  He shows a lot of promise- when he learns to release the ball earlier (and better) he will be a top player.

When things were getting listless start of 2nd half I was thinking to myself we need Shinji, then Gray scored like 1 min later.  Same against Burnley.  I love Shinji but hard to argue with the results.  Shinji coming on at the end definitely changed the game and while the 3rd goal may have been lucky his hard work started the whole play and allowed it to happen.

Mahrez, Wes, Maguire, Albrighton, Vardy, all good.

Looking forward to see how this plays out.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Chil can be sloppy but he's very young.  For me he stays in the side easily.  He shows a lot of promise- when he learns to release the ball earlier (and better) he will be a top player.

When things were getting listless start of 2nd half I was thinking to myself we need Shinji, then Gray scored like 1 min later.  Same against Burnley.  I love Shinji but hard to argue with the results.  Shinji coming on at the end definitely changed the game and while the 3rd goal may have been lucky his hard work started the whole play and allowed it to happen.

2 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Iborra is 29 ? Young to me but not in footballing terms.

36 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Ooohhhh  you hard man you,,, you scrooge of all things foxy...Are you applying for the Apprentice..

Relax we are 8th....Relax its the season, and time to be jolly.....

We played some mouth-watering football today...These last 6-8 games have been worthwhile.

Yes we have made some poor descisions, and have had our bad moments, but you watch all sports,

for a Glimpse of the cream and Champagne moments, sport especially football never gives you that total satisfaction.

Yes I am easily entertained, I hate being certified has a miserable ol' git, with 1000s of  crosses to bear.

I dont throw the bike over the fence because of a puncture..

If I'm a hard man, your a baffoon.  Wtf with this applying for the apprentice, I'm not applying for anything.......I'm on forum giving my opinion not selling my business idea... What a stupid thing to say.

The rest of what you said, yeah, I get your point.

26 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Last time I looked goals were more important than shots on target. But we certainly did look complacent at times. I agree that when the players know that they are better than the opposition they should be making that count a bit more. We should never have been in a position where we could have lost, let alone not won.. 

Yeah great point, but a man standing for the most match, looking ahead, and having 5 shots against him, saying that we were great is bullshit.

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

I just have a different opinion to others, more then happy to discuss.  :schmike:

I'm generally happy after a win. Particularly away and if it's part of a decent run. I'll save my criticism of the team and manager until we lose a few matches. But I accept there is always room for improvement. The single most important thing for me today is that we didn't cave in at 2-2 but went on to win it. That is the spirit - and it's as important as anything in this game.

• Like 1

A pleasing performance away from the King Power.

There are some interesting relationships developing on the pitch at the moment, which with the football Puel is trying to implement, even in his short tenture at the moment is very good on the eye at times.

Some of the triangles when passing around defence and the midfield, with Iborra always trying to be that outlet of an easy ball will only get better in time.

We still lack a bit of efficiency when going from midfield to attack, but hopefully Silva will slot straight in.

From what I have seen, Man City aside (many teams won’t get much from when they click) we have a very good neucleus of a side that’s already trying to buy into the football Puel is trying to play.

The squad isn’t perfect and their are areas in which we need to improve on, but I’m sure the management team will also be aware of our shortcomings and hope to correct them in Jan or next summer.

In Jan/next season were only a couple of signings off having a young side capable of pushing the top 6 this season and in coming seasons ahead.

I have to say I was unsure of Puel at first, but I’m happy to admit that from what I have seen so far, that I was wrong to judge him.

32 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

If I'm a hard man, your a baffoon.  Wtf with this applying for the apprentice, I'm not applying for anything.......I'm on forum giving my opinion not selling my business idea... What a stupid thing to say.

The rest of what you said, yeah, I get your point.

Great innit...love the banter...Your right of course  I foon all the time especially when I am baf...

Plus I is defo stupid...Prefer it than being a grumpy....:P

I started out  Quite an intelligent young man....then I joined this crazy forum....whey...hey!!!

Hey..an intelligent query...are you off on Travels during the xmas period..or can you relax a bit.

A bit cold for chicago this time of year, have you been to any new shores recently... ??

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Great innit...love the banter...Your right of course  I foon all the time especially when I am baf...

Plus I is defo stupid...Prefer it than being a grumpy....:P

I started out  Quite an intelligent young man....then I joined this crazy forum....whey...hey!!!

Hey..an intelligent query...are you off on Travels during the xmas period..or can you relax a bit.

A bit cold for chicago this time of year, have you been to any new shores recently... ??

I love you bro, I'm not angry, I just see things differently:schmike:

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

We didnt deserve it because though we have loads more quality than them we were lax at the back all throughout the game; scored one deflected goal, one own goal, one worldy from Mahrez.

We were lucky to get the 3 points

Having said that, happy obviously with the result and played very well for spells of the match. I think the reason some have been critical on here is because throughout much of the game we looked complacent and overly confident.

Does feel a bit odd being so negative after a win though. I do see your point aswell

<inserts obvious “bet you’re fun at parties gag”> ?

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

This expectation of perfection isn't realistic or reasonable. We can't even be sure this renaissance is going to last. Some might think we were 'sloppy' but this wasn't a usual game anyway - an extremely cold (and far-flung) evening match in front of one of the most partisan crowds in the country. What little I saw of the game confirmed that the lads are becoming very confident - as individuals and with each other. Their close passing is regaining the expertise we saw in '15-'16. This is a team which is gradually developing the ability to win well or ugly - yet once more. Sure, individual errors of judgment were obvious but as a team they were reaching levels of play that had gone missing for long stretches of games this past season and a bit. Puel is introducing a sense of focus, elan and commitment. The raw materials were ever there - it needed a 'conductor' to form the players into a cohesive force. Three wins in a row can only boost their confidence further and we all know what a confident, skilled and determined City side can achieve - seemingly now without the need for Kante and Drinkwater. Puel has inherited a class side which needed direction and control - he appears to know what he's doing.

Totally agree and think deserved 3 points on overall display but we made it tough for ourselves.  Vardy was isolated but ran like a nutter, Iborra has so much class and composure, and Wilf was combative as ever. 

I love the idea of Riyad, Gray and Albrighton and each one of them contributed but we do miss that link between midfield and attack. Shinji came on and brought that. He loves a game vs the Geordies. 

Onwards and upwards! 

Edited by HoustonFox
  • Like 1

Thought we were brilliant from when we went 1-0 down. Didn't want the first half to end. Second half scrappy but we shown fantastic resilience to go back in front so late in the game. You can slowly game by game see what Puel is doing and how he wants to play coming together. We had nearly 70% possession whilst also looking very comfortable with it. We are a very good team and for me we are only going to get better if this is to continue. My only fear is that Puel wants his full backs to play high that's where we are often going to get caught out, like we did with the first goal. Currently, its effective and decent to watch. Long may it continue. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ozwin said:

For my own sanity can I ask why Vardy isn't credited with an assist for the winner in opta stats/fantasy football? I'm so bad at FF but I swear you still get an assist for own goals on it.

Shinji gets the assist mate, took the pace off the ball real nice...

Edited by Vardinio'sCat