Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newcastle (A) Post Match Thread 2 - 3

Dont get all the critism here tonight on our performance. We should accept that away in the league we are going to have periods in the game when we are going to be under pressure but I thought we bossed the game for large parts of it and if it wasn't for indivudal errors in the game (which can happen sometimes) we'd have walked it 3-0

The play and build up to our second goal was possibly one of the best periods of play I've seen from Leicester for a few years.

• Like 4

Just now, murphy said:

Absolutely.

Chillwell will be a class player, perhaps a player out of our reach if he hadn't come through the ranks.

He is still learning for now and we need to accept that as a young player he will make mistakes but this is part of the process of gaining experience and improving.  Expect the odd mistake and it will be worth it in the long run. 

Paddy reps Murphy....who'd have thought it? lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

Not convinced Chilwell made anymore mistakes than anyone else. They were all guilty of giving the ball away at times even Iborra and Maguire who many were lauding.

Apart from the mental pass, I can't really remember many mistakes. It's not like Fuchs is flawless.

Just now, lgfualol said:

Apart from the mental pass, I can't really remember many mistakes. It's not like Fuchs is flawless.

Early on Iborra set them on to the attack, Maguire did one of his regular forays forward only to give the ball away leaving us exposed. They were all guilty of some awful passing but also some great stuff as was including Chilwell.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

Really satisfying result. At 2-2 I thought it was going to be an onslaught from them with the crowd behind them. Did not see us nicking it, over the moon :thumbup:

25 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

Dont get all the critism here tonight on our performance. We should accept that away in the league we are going to have periods in the game when we are going to be under pressure but I thought we bossed the game for large parts of it and if it wasn't for indivudal errors in the game (which can happen sometimes) we'd have walked it 3-0

The play and build up to our second goal was possibly one of the best periods of play I've seen from Leicester for a few years.

An away win is an away win. Give me this Keegan-esque football over the bollocks we saw at Bournemouth and Huddersfield all day long :D:scarf:.

• Like 3

So buzzing!

Well happy with that.

Think a draw would have been the correct result, but i'll whisper that, very happy with the win.

I'll admit maybe I was wrong with Puel, he is a boring bloke, I can't understand him and I can't listen to him - Something i'm struggling with because I like fans to have a relationship with the manager, to have an opinion on what he says, but hey ho, we are playing better and he seems to be getting results so ultimately who cares!

Although if it stayed a draw i'd have been moaning saying he should have made subs earlier - Perhaps he still should have regardless we got the win, but he made the right subs regardless.

22 minutes ago, davieG said:

Not convinced Chilwell made anymore mistakes than anyone else. They were all guilty of giving the ball away at times even Iborra and Maguire who many were lauding.

I agree with you. He's under the spotlight because he made an almost suicidal pass across goal that was truly schoolboy stuff but other than that he was OK. In general if you compare him to Fuchs he offers us a lot going forwards but is more susceptible at the back (although this season Fuchs' defensive work has also not been at it's best).

Young players lack experience, which leads to errors in judgement and poor decisions. They need match time to improve on this and get better. Even 5 time Balon d'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo looked shit at times during his first couple of seasons at Manchester United!

You could look at the match in another way and say we won a game away from home despite going behind after 5 minutes and conceding with less than 20 minutes to go with a team that had Maguire (24), Ndidi (20), Gray (21) and Ben Chilwell (20) all starting for us. We had another (Ihenacho) on the bench. That's 4 young players, 3 of them English with one now potentially first choice centre half for England. We scored 3 goals and had 62% possession. Away from home.  

This is the most excited I've been about our team since we won the title. It's early days but Puel has impressed. He's blooding youngsters AND getting results.

Claude Puel. He came from Southern France, to make Leicester look class!

(Ignoring two 20 minute spells per game where we look turgid).

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4