Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newcastle (A) Post Match Thread 2 - 3

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Yes and usually a pretty s*** opinion at that.Be honest you do it to get attention.

That's rich comming from you, but hey, let's all throw stones at glass houses.

Attention, from who????   If getting negative posts from my fellow city fans is something to be impressed by, go ahead mate the stage is yours....

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

That's rich comming from you, but hey, let's all throw stones at glass houses.

Attention, from who????   If getting negative posts from my fellow city fans is something to be impressed by, go ahead mate the stage is yours....

Too late to give him the whole stage, Shakespeares gone and departed...:D

The globe theater, seemed to have been transfered to the KP...what !!

with the 'Comedy errors', it seemed the fans were doomed to 'love's labour's lost'

Now we are seeing something more 'As you like it'..

Though we are still somewhat Sloppy and mistakes need ironing out.....

Its only ' Much ado about nothing'  Puel has got us wanting more

allowing glimpses that might lead to  'A midsummers night's dream'

We had the drama Title season with the backing of 'Richard the III'

a right fall off with opponenents 'Taming the Shrew' cos we were

a nagging memory of their good times..

We are now again becoming and Playing again above the

'Measure for Measure'..We are up for 'All well that ends well'

The foxes lasses are dreaming again of 'Romeo and Juliet'

with their fav-player and more balcony scenes.

Puel and Appleton..the new ' Two gentlemen of Venice' (Leicester).

Puel has redirected 'King Lear'...Mahrez...

Keep the dramas but avoid if we can for this exciting era, while

Tragedies are always just around  the corner..but we now have a new production and masks

to unfold in front of us..so lets end with the positive...of the assumed sequel

"Love's labour's Wonne'.......:rolleyes:

Get in... I remember a time when we simply could'nt get a win at St James'.

The moments of top flight quality football and goals under Puel are starting to lengthen and I think the late kick-off and the fact it's colder than a penguin's chuff in the Toon takes away some of the frustration of the goals we conceded.

Still much work to be done but it's encouraging and we're seeing a new style which is actually allowing the potential of Mahrez, Gray and Vardy to come to the fore.

23 hours ago, sdb said:

Why was Simpson pushing up so much against 442?! Left Wes so exposed at times. 

Im being picky I'm not actually this miserable. 

Simple answer, he was asked to.

At the moment many of our players are being asked to do things that are totally alien to them, it's leading to us making mistakes. Like pushing up at the wrong time, or someone else not covering when a player pushes up. Or wanting to stick to the passing football and playing ourselves into trouble. 

They are all going to make mistakes whilst they learn when to do things and when not to. It's frustrating, yesterday had me pulling my hair out at times as we were our own worst enemy. But I can see the positives in what we're attempting to do, so I'm not going to complain too much about errors. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Some of you have been featured on here:

https://www.themag.co.uk/2017/12/must-read-comments-leicester-fans-newcastle-united/

Check the comments, some of them really do hate us!

Why do people bang on about admin in 2002/03 like we cheated somehow? Swear in most comments sections about us someone mentions it...

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Why do people bang on about admin in 2002/03 like we cheated somehow? Swear in most comments sections about us someone mentions it...

It's amazing how often that comes up.

Currently winding up some idiot called Albert who thinks we're irrelevant because we apparently only brought up 50 people the SJP in the 80's.

Well, that was shit.

Squad needs big investment in January or we're bang in trouble. We're working hard and usually only losing or winning by the odd goal. Which should mean with a bit of improvement in key areas we should be able to turn 0-1 losses into 1-1 draws and 1-0 wins into more comfortable victories.

You lot look a comfortable midtable side now, but had you faced a better standard of opposition your defensive lapses would have been punished more.

Hope everyone that braved the journey had a good weekend.

• Thanks 1

On ‎10‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 11:11, sdb said:

I think we're due a battering soon. We're edging poor teams at the mo. The football is more enjoyable but the back 4 look more exposed and the attacking midfielders are being pretty wasteful at times. Vardy isn't getting a sniff some games. 

I am honestly loving having a tactician as a manager but I do think there's a lot to work on. On paper our side is immense but although results are good I feel we can get more out of them. 

I don't think we'll get a battering any time soon. You're underestimating Puel's tactical flexibility. We were particularly agressive because Newcastle aren't great at the moment and the manager saw an opportunity to get 3 precious points away. Unlike Shakey he didn't come for a draw.

We won't play against ManU or ManCity like we played against Newcastle. There is just no way we'll find Simpson so high up the pitch against a big shark and the line-up will be different.

Then how giving the manager some time to fine tune this team? :claudio:

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 1

Really good to keep the good run and form going and coming back from conceding an early goal and then an equalizer to get the winner a few minutes from time shows that we didn't just want to see out the game for an away point but wanted to win the game. the two strikes from Mahrez and Gray were fantastic and everyone knows Shinji doesn't score normal goals and it was so funny seeing Perez putting it into his own net. Puel has found a way to play both Mahrez and Gray in the same team and getting the best out of both players which is benefiting the whole team. while Iborra and Ndidi make a great partnership in the middle of the pitch. the only down side is conceding two sloppy goals and I would like to see the defence tighten up a bit at the back but with the attacking players we have it is certainly an exciting time (when isn't it) to be watching the foxes.

27 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Well, that was shit.

Squad needs big investment in January or we're bang in trouble. We're working hard and usually only losing or winning by the odd goal. Which should mean with a bit of improvement in key areas we should be able to turn 0-1 losses into 1-1 draws and 1-0 wins into more comfortable victories.

You lot look a comfortable midtable side now, but had you faced a better standard of opposition your defensive lapses would have been punished more.

For a short moment I thought you were a (FT) Leicester supporter.

I like Rafa a lot and think you deserve better. Good luck to you for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, TheFish said:

We've already faced them thanks mate ..  and nearly had their pants down ...    if the ref hadn't bottled sending Kompany off we might have stopped Man Citys little run ages ago ...   and we gave most of the other 'big boys' a good run for their money ..    still work to do though.

Good luck to you lot ...    always like a trip to Geordie land and a usually make a weekend of it ...   very entertaining !

17 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

We've already faced them thanks mate ..  and nearly had their pants down ...    if the ref hadn't bottled sending Kompany off we might have stopped Man Citys little run ages ago ...   and we gave most of the other 'big boys' a good run for their money ..    still work to do though.

Good luck to you lot ...    always like a trip to Geordie land and a usually make a weekend of it ...   very entertaining !

Meant if you'd faced better opposition on Saturday, your defensive lapses would have been your undoing.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

I see some Newcastle fans turning on Rafa.  I feel for Rafa, he's a good coach but his netspend is like minus -£18m or something. They need at least 3 or 4 good players to avoid relegation.

I think the majority of them feel sorry for him having to work with his hands tied behind his back.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

I see some Newcastle fans turning on Rafa.  I feel for Rafa, he's a good coach but his netspend is like minus -£18m or something. They need at least 3 or 4 good players to avoid relegation.

0 Brains. They wouldn't stand a chance in the PL without him with their actual team.

Edited by ZeGuy

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

I see some Newcastle fans turning on Rafa.  I feel for Rafa, he's a good coach but his netspend is like minus -£18m or something. They need at Ileast 3 or 4 good players to avoid relegation.

Agree, they should do their best to Keep Rafa, then ensure they back him , with decent player investment.

They do have, probanly more so than, H'dsfield and Brighton a decent base squad, to me they seem out of canter

a couple of Links are seriously missing.We looked simular  awhile back...Then we found Maguire, Ndidi, Iborra,

Refound, Gray, Chilwell, Mahrez and a technical nous manager. Newcsstle have a good manager, they look desperate

so need to find a couple of decent newbies.They do have as mentioned a few good players....

IF Ashley  finds a buyer before the turn of the year, come Febuary they should find safety of midtable.

Stoke, WBA, Swansea have more worries

3 hours ago, TheFish said:

Well, that was shit.

Good  lad. Completely agree about you