Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newcastle (A) Post Match Thread 2 - 3

1 minute ago, seanfox778 said:

Really satisfying result. At 2-2 I thought it was going to be an onslaught from them with the crowd behind them. Did not see us nicking it, over the moon :thumbup:

Thought the same when the First went in and we had a clear penalty shout to make it 1-1 but we got Bugger all from the ref, then when Mahrez scored that classy goal thought a draw then would be great !

Gray took his goal well even tho it was a slight deflection but he’s coming on really well then another panic in the box saw Gayle equalise thought ok we share the spoils and then a sound pass from Vardy to Shinji to pull the trigger only for their guy to toe it it for the win superb emotional rollercoaster of a ride watching that game tonight and was really good to see Ulloa get a run out too!!

we need to tighten up at the back to stop these sloppy goals going against us but Lady Luck was definately on our side tonight!! 

33 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

Dont get all the critism here tonight on our performance. We should accept that away in the league we are going to have periods in the game when we are going to be under pressure but I thought we bossed the game for large parts of it and if it wasn't for indivudal errors in the game (which can happen sometimes) we'd have walked it 3-0

The play and build up to our second goal was possibly one of the best periods of play I've seen from Leicester for a few years.

We put ourselves under pressure, that's the problem. Some terrible passing that put us in trouble (Iborra and Chillwell) key from what I remember.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We put ourselves under pressure, that's the problem. Some terrible passing that put us in trouble (Iborra and Chillwell) key from what I remember.

Yes. But they were so under the kosh for long periods in the game. We got complacent and slack. We won though. 

Alan Shearer was straight on social media after watching Newcastle United lose 3-2 to Leicester City to share his view, and gave an instant one-word verdict about the game saying it was “s**t!”.

Haven't read all the posts so not sure whether anyone has already mentioned it, but this is the first time since we won the title that the Premier League table shows us with more wins than defeats.

Raise your glasses for M'sieur Puel!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some lovely stuff being played at times - surely that's got to be the highest possession % we've had since promotion? Disappointing to concede two pretty soft goals and the momentum in the process, but always felt we had the quality to pull through. I thought Vardy was more or less anonymous for the vast majority of the game, but then he still had a decisive impact with that huge tackle in our half at 2-2 and then creating the winner on the break. Nice to have both Mahrez and Gray on the score sheet, with Albrighton heavily involved throughout. We look a real and constant threat when they all interchange as well as they did today.

When we scored we destroyed them until half time like was a class act on show, Puel has shown what he is capable off and the team is flourishing.

Vardy could do with being a bit sharper but he is always a threat in the defenders eyes.

We are looking good now players are confident on the ball, passing about like Brazil. 

5 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

For my own sanity can I ask why Vardy isn't credited with an assist for the winner in opta stats/fantasy football? I'm so bad at FF but I swear you still get an assist for own goals on it.

I think Shinji controlled it before the OG. 

2 hours ago, Mrfox452 said:

Don't think we deserved that but a great result !!!

Why didn't we deserve It?

Playing away st one of the biggest grounds in Europe in front one of the biggest crowds in Europe, a team that was having their "special" day.

We absolutely deserved, it we won.

Just now, Cujek said:

Why didn't we deserve It?

Playing away st one of the biggest grounds in Europe in front one of the biggest crowds in Europe, a team that was having their "special" day.

We absolutely deserved, it we won.

We didnt deserve it because though we have loads more quality than them we were lax at the back all throughout the game; scored one deflected goal, one own goal, one worldy from Mahrez.

We were lucky to get the 3 points

Having said that, happy obviously with the result and played very well for spells of the match. I think the reason some have been critical on here is because throughout much of the game we looked complacent and overly confident.

Does feel a bit odd being so negative after a win though. I do see your point aswell

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Now after all my travels.....I have come across an  anglo-asian-troll...:D

I'm not trolling, I was throwing my beer at the TV more then any match, we were just giving Newcastle chances and being amateurs.

There was a period in the match where we passed it around and Darlow was comfortable.

I'm happy we won but we were slow and complacent

• Like 1

Whilst we made poor mistakes that cost us, anyone who watched that game and thinks we were lucky to come away with three points is severely deluded. Admittedly Newcastle weren't great, but there was one team head and shoulders above the other footballing wise, and that was us! 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

We didnt deserve it because though we have loads more quality than them we were lax at the back all throughout the game; scored one deflected goal, one own goal, one worldy from Mahrez.

We were lucky to get the 3 points

Having said that, happy obviously with the result and played very well for spells of the match. I think the reason some have been critical on here is because throughout much of the game we looked complacent and overly confident.

Does feel a bit odd being so negative after a win though. I do see your point aswell

Seriously I can't believe what I'm reading - watch the game again without the emotion of a live match. We won nearly every second ball, our ability to keep the ball was so superior to anything I've seen at lcfc for a long time, and we controlled the game. Away from home with 52,000 fans against us and it was largely comfortable. Ok a few errors but the team are adapting to a new style of play. We played very well in my opinion. 

Fact is some folk are never satisfied? A win is a win and in this league a win away from home is fabulous.

Why is it people have to decry, obviously not true fans.

They might think differently if these 3points get us into Europe again and more financial riches

50 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Seriously I can't believe what I'm reading - watch the game again without the emotion of a live match. We won nearly every second ball, our ability to keep the ball was so superior to anything I've seen at lcfc for long time, and we controlled the game. Away from home with 52,000 fans against us and it was largely comfortable. Ok a few errors but the team are adapting to a new style of play. We played very well in my opinion. 

I will have to watch highlights again because you seem pretty adamant, but compared to the last few games i thought we made the most unnecessary errors i have seen us make in a while. I saw us collapse worse than we did at West Ham in moments. Seemed more frustrating to watch than any of the other recent matches because of the nature of our errors

Also, just realised I said we didnt deserve it, which I dont actually mean literally.  Just to clarify, we were lucky to win and were close to losing a great opportunity based on the quality of the opposition due to our own complacency.  

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi