Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newcastle (A) Post Match Thread 2 - 3

Wilf, he's fast becoming a great great signing.

Thank you once more Claudio

The game it's self was a good result but wow we were sloppy at times

And slow at getting it forward, No I'm not advocating hoof ball but please move it faster.

3 points and Eighth didn't see that coming after Brom   :thumbup:

51 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Fact is some folk are never satisfied? A win is a win and in this league a win away from home is fabulous.

Why is it people have to decry, obviously not true fans.

They might think differently if these 3points get us into Europe again and more financial riches

If we lose and say we were unlucky to lose, can we not also mention when we were lucky to win a game?

• Like 1

Didn't watch the match as in Ypres at The Last Post. Didn't know the result until I say down in the restaurant at 830pm Berlin Time. 

Made the steak taste even sweeter then go on FT. So many negatives!! WTF. 

We won, BBC says we bossed long periods, what do people expect? 3pts away from home - BE HAPPY FFS! 

Every goal ever conceded can be described as sloppy somewhere in the build up. Just enjoy the win, don't over analyse unless of house you are superb and error free at your own job. 

Well done City, three goals away from home and three points, I got one am ecstatic. 

Safe journey home for our supporters especially Col! 

• Like 2

Just back in the digs after a couple of jars

Only just found out the third goal was an og 

Other end of the ground to us and looked like Shinji just tapped it in but we were probably half a mile away when you consider the 56 flights of stairs 

Technically there was a massive difference in class but in true Leicester style we manage to make life as difficult as we can by not doing the simple things well enough

Thought it was a decent enough away end and there were certainly a few limbs about when we scored late on

Probably because of the acoustic's you can't hear the home fans very well but to us they didn't make much noise and we certainly gave as good as we got

Leicesters number 23

Great day in Newcastle and no where near as cold as yesterday thank god

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Perfection, is a myth...enjoy the good parts. We have a new manager trying to re-build, re-develope a slightly different style.

According to even neuteals, it was a good game...We have just finished a Season and 8 games of turgid no future football.

Languishing 20-16 place with relegation a constant companion...

The Italian-job was brilliant, but ran out of road and got us hanging maybe tipping over the edge.

The English-playwrite, couldnt find any drama, only a farce.

This new French-connection, is at least giving us a fair share of highs, and rekindled potential....

In life there are some people easily pleased and are happy with accepting and sugar coating.

Good luck to em

3 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

If we lose and say we were unlucky to lose, can we not also mention when we were lucky to win a game?

We weren't lucky to win the game

We were the better side by a long way but unforced errors let a poor Newcastle side back in the game

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Alan Shearer, Sting, Jimmy Nail, Broon Ale, Geordie Dancer, Ross Noble, Peter Beardsley, Stotty Cakes, Cheryl and, most of all, Ant and bloody Dec... your boys took one hell of a beating!

Can I include Sarah fkin Millican in that list, untalented whining Geordie twat

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, davieG said:

Alan Shearer was straight on social media after watching Newcastle United lose 3-2 to Leicester City to share his view, and gave an instant one-word verdict about the game saying it was “s**t!”.

What an insightful pundit he is.  Actually for the neutral it was a open game with some twists and turns that highlighted the good and bad of both teams.   I can see that leicester fans are pleased ... believing that our desire after a slow start made us the winners.  As a Newcastle fan I can see Mr s may be upset.... but the game  reflected the need for rafa to have players with determination and concentration.  It wasn't sh1t.... it was enlightening

26 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Perfection, is a myth...enjoy the good parts. We have a new manager trying to re-build, re-develope a slightly different style.

According to even neuteals, it was a good game...We have just finished a Season and 8 games of turgid no future football.

Languishing 20-16 place with relegation a constant companion...

The Italian-job was brilliant, but ran out of road and got us hanging maybe tipping over the edge.

The English-playwrite, couldnt find any drama, only a farce.

This new French-connection, is at least giving us a fair share of highs, and rekindled potential....

Very well put. We are not perfect and we will make errors but we are streets ahead of the turgid anti football served up by Shakespeare, and 16/17 under Ranieri. We are a work in progress and evolving game by game. I'm actually enjoying watching us play actual football for once.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

In life there are some people easily pleased and are happy with accepting and sugar coating.

Good luck to em

Ooohhhh  you hard man you,,, you scrooge of all things foxy...Are you applying for the Apprentice..

Relax we are 8th....Relax its the season, and time to be jolly.....

We played some mouth-watering football today...These last 6-8 games have been worthwhile.

Yes we have made some poor descisions, and have had our bad moments, but you watch all sports,

for a Glimpse of the cream and Champagne moments, sport especially football never gives you that total satisfaction.

Yes I am easily entertained, I hate being certified has a miserable ol' git, with 1000s of  crosses to bear.

I dont throw the bike over the fence because of a puncture..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ozwin said:

For my own sanity can I ask why Vardy isn't credited with an assist for the winner in opta stats/fantasy football? I'm so bad at FF but I swear you still get an assist for own goals on it.

Because Shinji took a touch before the own goal. Shinji was the last player to touch it before the goalscorer so the assist is his not Vardy's.

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

So Darlow must have been pulling saves, left right and centre......:rolleyes:

Last time I looked goals were more important than shots on target. But we certainly did look complacent at times. I agree that when the players know that they are better than the opposition they should be making that count a bit more. We should never have been in a position where we could have lost, let alone not won..