Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Is Demarai Gray an enigma?

Certainly enjoyed watching that more than the seniors. Gray showed some incredible skill on occasion, particularly the one touch control and move from a lofted pass which reminded me very much of Mahrez. Perhaps he’s been giving Gray some lessons.

Still not sure he’ll ever do anything for us, though I think he may well do elsewhere. Just seems to have got stuck in a rut with us I fear.

I did notice that several of the England players seemed to overplay at times, a bit like Gray does. Perhaps it’s a generational thing, or just a modern trend, or maybe due to youth. Overall, a good performance from Gray and the rest though.

It's so sad to read how many Leicester supporters are so anti-Gray, an England u21 premier league player. Even when he does things well they feel the need to write nasty things about him. Anyone would think he was dennis wise or Dele alli.

3 hours ago, FIF said:

It's so sad to read how many Leicester supporters are so anti-Gray, an England u21 premier league player. Even when he does things well they feel the need to write nasty things about him. Anyone would think he was dennis wise or Dele alli.

4 hours ago, FIF said:

What anti-gray agenda are you talking about? He underwhelms time and time again. He passes when he needs to shoot an shoots when he needs to pass. He freezes against top-level players and that's why he did good for the U-21s and in the lower leagues but underperformed here. He drifts out of games and doesn't even use 30% of his raw ability.

2 Years and he's pretty much the same player. No improvement! no nothing! Diabate came from Ligue 2 and he looks like the senior player.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, the fox said:

What anti-gray agenda are you talking about? He underwhelms time and time again. He passes when he needs to shoot an shoots when he needs to pass. He freezes against top-level players and that's why he did good for the U-21s and in the lower leagues but underperformed here. He drifts out of games and doesn't even use 30% of his raw ability.

2 Years and he's pretty much the same player. No improvement! no nothing! Diabate came from Ligue 2 and he looks like the senior player.

You are a prime example of the person I was talking about.

I'm sure you're aware that we have only lost 5 of the 21 games where he has played over 60 minutes this season. 

However I think your dislike of him is more to do with the fact that you are a Mahrez fanboy and your claim that Gray is a flat track bully is probably one you think of when you check Riyad's record.

7 minutes ago, FIF said:

You are a prime example of the person I was talking about.

I'm sure you're aware that we have only lost 5 of the 21 games where he has played over 60 minutes this season. 

However I think your dislike of him is more to do with the fact that you are a Mahrez fanboy and your claim that Gray is a flat track bully is probably one you think of when you check Riyad's record.

A perfect cherry-picked stat right there lol

What did he do in the 2+ years he's been here? yeah, nothing!

Stop overhyping gray. you are now worse than a fanboy.

2 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I think he has a huge year ahead. Next season he has to step it up a level on a consistent basis, especially with Mahrez a likely departure. Failure to hit the ground running in August and I would be worried. 

Agreed, when a player gets to 22 or 23 and is still seen as a prospect with bags of potential then there’s a problem developing, he needs to start showing up now.

1 hour ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I think he has the tools but the wiring is a bit out, I certainly wouldn't  write him off just yet because if it clicks he could be very good!

1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

No football brain ....and has high opinion of himself which are the two ingredients that will result in him being another who promised so much but flattered to deceive!!

Yep that about sums him up ...    let’s hope he turns a corner very soon and lives up to all that obvious potential ...