Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Is Demarai Gray an enigma?

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

There's no such thing as a "PL standard player".

The top 6 have quality squads, the rest of us don't. Every squad outside the top 6 is full of players that wouldn't be considered "PL standard".

So after saying there is no PL standard, you then changed your mind to say the top 6 are considered PL standard? So there is a PL standard after all then? It doesn't matter really because Demarai isn't it, nor will he ever be. 

Edited by Colourmy

15 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

So after saying there is no PL standard, you then changed your mind to say the top 6 are considered PL standard? So there is a PL standard after all then? It doesn't matter really because Demarai isn't it, nor will he ever be. 

I said "by your definition".

Gray will improve, he's only 21. Our title winning captain and record-breaking forward didn't play in the Premier League till after they were 26.

The amount of shite on this forum because a young player isn't decent every week is unreal.

Edited by Fox92

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I said "by your definition".

Gray will improve, he's only 21. Our title winning captain and record-breaking forward didn't play in the Premier League till after they were 26.

The amount of shite on this forum because a young player isn't decent every week is unreal.

I don't recall defining the standard of a PL player. In the absence of such a definition, surely the standard defaults to being a player in the Premier League? You defined the standard as top 6 players young man, not me.                                                                                     It's not a case of being decent every week, just once in a while would be a start though.

Excuse the formatting, this Surface Pro doesn't like the quote boxes.

Edited by Colourmy

8 hours ago, The Fox Covert said:

This quote was coined by Winston Churchill about Russia. Fits Gray though like a glove.

My favourite quote about Russia, coined by the Russians, is: Russia cannot be  understood with the mind alone. I'm wondering if that can be applied to Gray's final ball decision making. That said, "oh my god I want to score so badly, please God, oh please, make it happen, make it happen, oh god, oh god" is probably within the realms of mental comprehension.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Steve Agnew said:

I feel a good performance is coming from Demari today! A goal and an assist!

Many have said it, but he is young and we must keep the faith. It is in our best interests for him to be supported and come good.

Demari Gray, Gray, Gray! 

That went well then!

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Sadly Demari had no impact today, had a chance and missed it. I think he needs to play with the U23s for a while and we should use chilwell as an impact sub on the left, what do you think?

He needs loaning out to a Championship club.

He's really going backwards. Given his talent he should be running at and threatening defences. Don't know if it's the instructions he's given, but he's often barely in front of Fuchs. Puel has given him loads more game time since he came, but he's simply not taking it. I really wonder if he has the drive and desire? He just coasts around. I think he's lost a place in the pecking order to Diabete and that seems fair to me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He's really going backwards. Given his talent he should be running at and threatening defences. Don't know if it's the instructions he's given, but he's often barely in front of Fuchs. Puel has given him loads more game time since he came, but he's simply not taking it. I really wonder if he has the drive and desire? He just coasts around. I think he's lost a place in the pecking order to Diabete and that seems fair to me.

No, just not good enough. You'd have thought that after persevering with Jeff for as long as we did, we would at least know a sprinter when we see one.

He’s a show pony. Only interested in himself. Doesn’t pass when he should. Passes when he shouldn’t. Tries the spectacular too frequently and often neglects the simple and obvious. Has had the opportunity in several occasions to demonstrate that he deserves to start but continues to blow it. He thinks he’s better than he really is. 

Gray is proving the majority of Leicester fans right and the 'know it all Pundits' wrong... all that time they were saying he should be starting... no, he's playing for himself when we are winning, but when we need someone to stand up and make a difference, he hides... I'd rather have a stroppy Mahrez!

• Like 1