Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Is Demarai Gray an enigma?

35 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Based on what? Body language?

All hopes aren't lost on him, he still can become a good winger but Diabate is sure making him feel the heat.

I suspect this could be the way out of Leicester he has been looking for, with the introduction of Diabate relegating his chances. I suspect he is looking for a move and I suspect he will be blaming the coaches at Leicester for him not developing.

There is no reason we should be looking at Grays performaces and effectiveness on the pitch once again and there has and will not, be, any further developement in his game. It is clear he has not the insight or fortitude to work on his game which will forever be someone elses fault and their shortcomings.

A sale in the summer would release funds for a new player and a bid for Patrick Roberts would be one hell of an upgrade. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Get some criticism for Gray as he's not performing great currently but still don't the constant bashing he gets.......

He cost us 3.5m from Birmingham, hardly a waste of money and still young. He's shown in glimpses what he can do and he's also shown the negative side to him but whats wrong with giving him more time?

If he has another run of games and this time next year there's no improvement then fair enough but maybe lets support him

How long does it take for the penny to drop? I've banged on before about the probability of him being heavily involved in football since the age of about 7 and with proper coaching setups since about 15. He's 21 if it hasn't dawned on him now, it won't. If the penny isn't at least half in the slot by now, then it will never drop. He is just another duffer to pass through our system I'm afraid.

8 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

How long does it take for the penny to drop? I've banged on before about the probability of him being heavily involved in football since the age of about 7 and with proper coaching setups since about 15. He's 21 if it hasn't dawned on him now, it won't. If the penny isn't at least half in the slot by now, then it will never drop. He is just another duffer to pass through our system I'm afraid.

What age did Vardy get better?

Iheanacho is the same age as well so maybe we say the same about him?

Cause we don't. Writing him off already is ridiculous

9 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

What age did Vardy get better?

Iheanacho is the same age as well so maybe we say the same about him?

Cause we don't. Writing him off already is ridiculous

KI is a world better than DG and in my opinion JV too and yes, he is only 21.

As I've also said on here before, KI at 21 is going places that DG can only dream about. JV is still not a great footballer but he realised that time was not on his side, so knuckled down and improved the aspects of his game he could and the team played to his strengths and not the other way around. That little shuffle of the feet KI did on Saturday, JV couldn't do it if he tried for a month!

A puppy is taught when they are young because you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Vardy hasn't been taught anything new, he has just had the rough edges polished to suit a style of football the team played. DG hasn't really been taken to by any recent manager and that is no coincidence. 

So is he playing football to to disprove the teachers that doubted him or is he playing to be the best he can be?

At the moment he is going through the motions on the pitch and for as long as his career last he will be happy at this level. Just watching the video of him being interviewed and you can see he still is quite immature perhaps shy to some extent. The answers he gave could so easily have been stock answers but he was trying to be honest in a situation which did not call for, or require any deep and profound reasoning. His judgement is due to his maturity and that will not come from the crowd he hangs out with who I suspects he trusts more than anyone in authority that has been part of his life. I suspect to effect change in his game would require a great upheaval in his associations and I beleive he has greater problems than even he is aware of!

1 hour ago, Colourmy said:

KI is a world better than DG and in my opinion JV too and yes, he is only 21.

As I've also said on here before, KI at 21 is going places that DG can only dream about. JV is still not a great footballer but he realised that time was not on his side, so knuckled down and improved the aspects of his game he could and the team played to his strengths and not the other way around. That little shuffle of the feet KI did on Saturday, JV couldn't do it if he tried for a month!

A puppy is taught when they are young because you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Vardy hasn't been taught anything new, he has just had the rough edges polished to suit a style of football the team played. DG hasn't really been taken to by any recent manager and that is no coincidence. 

Well that's see what happens from here.....

43 minutes ago, the fox said:

the "how good was player X when he was the same age as player Y" is so daft i can't even bother:nigel:

I agree. This "he's only 21" rubbish. Based on that principle, footballers should be getting better each and every day, forever!

At 21, if it isn't there, it isn't going to be!

Edited by Colourmy

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I suspect this could be the way out of Leicester he has been looking for, with the introduction of Diabate relegating his chances. I suspect he is looking for a move and I suspect he will be blaming the coaches at Leicester for him not developing.

There is no reason we should be looking at Grays performaces and effectiveness on the pitch once again and there has and will not, be, any further developement in his game. It is clear he has not the insight or fortitude to work on his game which will forever be someone elses fault and their shortcomings.

A sale in the summer would release funds for a new player and a bid for Patrick Roberts would be one hell of an upgrade. 

In the midst of all this Mahrez madness I do actually hope we go back in for Roberts. He's worth £15mil of our money.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Based on what? Body language?

All hopes aren't lost on him, he still can become a good winger but Diabate is sure making him feel the heat.

I’d also reference the fact that he was being a moaning little runt about not getting opportunities and after Shaky left he then came out publicly and said that previous managers “let him down”. You weren’t getting opportunities under two different managers because when you did play Demarai you were not good enough (this is backed up by one PL goal in 50 odd appearances at the time). When Puel came in he gave Gray more starting opportunities, as he likes to with many a young player, but even the don of developing youth has now realised he’s not good enough to start regularly for us

• Like 1

• 1 month later...