Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Is Demarai Gray an enigma?

Looked like there was definitely contact from where I was sat up in SK1. Having seen the replays, I still believe the ref made the correct decision and Walker clips his trailing leg. 

Yes Gray went looking for it and it was soft but Walker's very silly to initiate contact particularly as there was another player covering. 

20171220_183210.png

6 hours ago, Winchesterfox said:

Let's be honest - Graery dived.  

I want to see games d ryecided by skill and effort, not by who is the best at falling over under minimal or no contact and fooling the referee.  The only way we are going to spot diving consistently is through video technology.  And the only way we are going to stop it is through a ban that's long enough to discourage players from doing it.

Not disagreeing, but fans shouldnt on the moral grounds get off Scott free.

Baying for fouls and yellows as soon ad their own player goes to ground.

Normal tackles, where Players for no reason get booed and yellows

Last night nacho  got yellow for an everyday tackle. That is also wrong.

Showing studs from both players in same tackle  , but the one who claim more pain,

gets the yellow card for his opponent.

Managers getting off scott free, when his team, are OTT going aggressively, dangerously and not in the spirit of the game, into Tackles .  I see this in Eufa-club games, Fifa, nor Eufa do anything about it.

I have played the game, but had my high peak playing career at Rugby.

One thing that one  cant forget, in both sports a slight hip contact, actually does Knock

you off balance, and another time your own natural body position can allow you to ride it.

You can get tapped on the ankle, or lower legs, and not go immediately down, naturally trying to

hold it, then collapse 5 yards on into an heap..( Ndidis " dive")

Then media, fans, Refs see that has cheating when its just natural momentum, many fans also know it, but themselves chose the easy bias attitude.The status quo choose to  ignore.

In sports everyday emotions the easy ,lazy way is the path we often chose.

Slowing down video , can give the onlooker another perception, where all detail is actually not picked upon.

Little clips of ankle, leg, hip often are not detected.

Then there is the actual cheating of the referee, where big teams get away with it , smaller clubs do not always get penalised,

but the biggies get better calls,...Blocking, not facing the ball only the player, and having arms around the oppo denying space.

5-10 penalties per game...never given!  REFS cheating, managers and players cheating...Fans making excuses, so agree with cheating

Then pretend to hate diving....hypo-cheating after the event....Like saying he didnt shoot him, he only stabbed him to death..!!

Hypocricy is rife in many contact ball sports. GKs -built like shithouse walls, falling over in every contact, worse pretending

they have been Shot..!!!

Bad timed tackles, should not receive automatic card . Not all painfull tackles rate a card....

Saying all that,... refs during games and authorities on panels, have bloody difficult Jobs.

Consequent and consistency, is in the normal rule-breaking moments  is difficult enough,

With 30+k fans getting emotional, players looking for a card in every tackle, refs instant descision

needs from his own position and perspective,..99.9% of onlookers always seem to know better, and

believe spec-savers, ought to be topping the world stock-exchanges.

Our problem is we all have a soft spot for dell-boy, but all peoples in authoritive positions have to be squeaky clean.

Thats why the ancient gods of old, couldnt wait for the developement  for action replays, and video evidence,

to prove no matter how you see

and play it over again and again, calamity stays to  the true path..

.Erris/Discordia always as the edge over Harmonia/Concordia.

Foxestalk the greatest proof of heavenly ordained, contradictions Zenos of Elea would be proud...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

Lanzini and Niasse will not be impressed.

Thankfully I couldn't give a f**k. Gray scoring goals and impacting matches for us now. What we all love to see. Apart from the c**t who sits above me in SK2 who's still lamenting the fact we didn't take Bournemouth's £25m lol.

Edited by Lovejoy

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Why does he never take his chances? 

Whenever he gets the nod he never manages to do enough to really warrant starting the next game. I don't know if he needs a run of games or what, but it's really frustrating as it's clear he does have talent and potential from some of his cameo appearances. 

Yes, i've been defending him a lot but i'm starting to have my doubts now about how things are progressing

I still think he can be very good, just needs to be developed right.  Not a starter for me atm.  Needs to be brought on to effect games.  I think he'll come good.  I dont think its his attitude, think he is actually a team player, its just his game seems to suffer from a bit of anxiety and he makes some poor decisions

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Whenever he gets the nod he never manages to do enough to really warrant starting the next game. I don't know if he needs a run of games or what, but it's really frustrating as it's clear he does have talent and potential from some of his cameo appearances. 

When he comes on as a sub he is against tired defenders.  Starting makes him look more ordinary.  The positive is that he is desparate to influence games. .so his decision making is poor.  He needs to work on this and it will improve as he becomes more mature.  He needs to freeze tge video each time he receives the ball and dicide whst he should have done  and tgen play the vid.  This will allow coaches to work out the trends in his mistakes.  Developing the mind set of an elite player is key.  I hope someone is doing this with him

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

We should perhaps consider that his starting spot was rather thrust on him this time and that the majority of match planning up to this point had involved someone else?

11 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

When he comes on as a sub he is against tired defenders.  Starting makes him look more ordinary.  The positive is that he is desparate to influence games. .so his decision making is poor.  He needs to work on this and it will improve as he becomes more mature.  He needs to freeze tge video each time he receives the ball and dicide whst he should have done  and tgen play the vid.  This will allow coaches to work out the trends in his mistakes.  Developing the mind set of an elite player is key.  I hope someone is doing this with him

You can see whenever he get's the ball he is always trying to do something with it which is positive and agree he tries to over complicate things. If someone worked on his decision  making with him he'd be a fantastic player.

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

We should perhaps consider that his starting spot was rather thrust on him this time and that the majority of match planning up to this point had involved someone else?

Yeah last night you could argue that, but every other start (bar the Everton home game) he's looked the same as last night. 

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Not exactly just last night though, Gray rarely has a good game when he starts in the prem. I think unfortunately he is a few years away from it to. He is the most frustrating player we have in the squad.

3 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Funnily enough after one of his worst performances for us the criticism in this thread is balanced and moderate

Assertion immediately denied by the very next post.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Haha 1

Gray clearly has the raw ingredients and natural talent to succeed. In my eyes it is only his decision making which is holding him back (an area that I assume must be easier to fix than say a lack of pace!). He has shown glimpses of real top level performance but not managed to gain consistency, as yet. It will come.

I back Puel to improve his confidence and his decision making over time. I hope that Gray shows a willingness to learn and improves his game in the next few months.

We must begin to play Gray and Diabate more often before Riyad likely leaves in the summer.

A lot of clubs would be desperate for a player with Gray's ability and potential. We are lucky to have a wealth of youth coming into the ranks - a new dawn!

These kids are the future! And a very bright future at that!

Edited by Steve Agnew

gray is the glass that looks like it can hold 200ml but in reality it can only hold 100 because the glass is too thick and half of the drink is foam.

all hype and no substance, it looks the part until you try to drink from it

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve Agnew said:

Gray clearly has the raw ingredients and natural talent to succeed. In my eyes it is only his decision making which is holding him back (an area that I assume must be easier to fix than say a lack of pace!). He has shown glimpses of real top level performance but not managed to gain consistency, as yet. It will come.

I back Puel to improve his confidence and his decision making over time. I hope that Gray shows a willingness to learn and improves his game in the next few months.

We must begin to play Gray and Diabate more often before Riyad likely leaves in the summer.

A lot of clubs would be desperate for a player with Gray's ability and potential. We are lucky to have a wealth of youth coming into the ranks - a new dawn!

These kids are the future! And a very bright future at that!

Good points. Although we have Riyad for a few more months I feel we need to prepare for the post Riyad period by giving Gray plenty of opportunity in the coming 13 games. Then the powers can be can decide if he is good enough to be a starter