Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Is Demarai Gray an enigma?

seriously what impact was he supposed to have? a couple of half chances a side we didn't create any real chances second half and there were several times Gray wanted the ball and wasn't used.

Puel got his subs wrong today, Nacho shouldn't have come off and James of Iborra was weird

Edited by Jimmy

8 hours ago, Jimmy said:

seriously what impact was he supposed to have? a couple of half chances a side we didn't create any real chances second half and there were several times Gray wanted the ball and wasn't used.

Puel got his subs wrong today, Nacho shouldn't have come off and James of Iborra was weird

Why was he brought on then, if he isn't expected to do anything? The person he replaced had already assisted a goal and had an attempt blocked on the line. I'm not sure i'm alone here but that wasn't a bad afternoons work for KI. so to be dragged off for someone else, you'd expect that person to at least offer the same as he was replacing.

DG spooned one up and over on the volley, when going in with his head might have been the better option but that would require some quick thinking instead of the Fifa2017 gloryboy shite he insists on!

There are lots of occasions when Demarai wants the ball but isn't used. That isn't by accident that his teammates ignore him.

Edited by Colourmy
  • Like 1

Gray is a modern day Franz Carr

All pace, but offers nothing else; can't pass, can't cross, hardly scores, runs into dead ends

Basically no football brain, something you can't teach.

To think we were offered £20m-ish for him & turned it down. Get rid!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cc_star said:

Gray is a modern day Franz Carr

All pace, but offers nothing else; can't pass, can't cross, hardly scores, runs into dead ends

Basically no football brain, something you can't teach.

To think we were offered £20m-ish for him & turned it down. Get rid!

Nail hit on the head sir...physically he has everything , but you cannot coach someone if he can't think like a footballer, i think he will be moved on in the summer.

I'm not so sure he is playing for himself, he just takes the wrong options most of the time, shame really because he looked a real prospect...

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think Gray and Diabate are two examples of where English coaching is going wrong and where French isn't. Diabate has got a far better football brain.

english coachs and scouts complain about not having a xavi, an iniesta or an isco. it's because you take the strongest, fastest kid everytime. instead of taking a talented brain and than make the body stronger. they take the talented body and try to coach a footballing brain into the player.

• Thanks 1

Glad people are finally sussing out this fraud. 

I'm usually the last person to go in hard on a player but I make an exception for Gray. 

Seems an absolute nob and shows no sign of improving as a footballer.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Glad people are finally sussing out this fraud. 

I'm usually the last person to go in hard on a player but I make an exception for Gray. 

Seems an absolute nob and shows no sign of improving as a footballer.

Based on what? Body language?

All hopes aren't lost on him, he still can become a good winger but Diabate is sure making him feel the heat.

9 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Based on what? Body language?

All hopes aren't lost on him, he still can become a good winger but Diabate is sure making him feel the heat.

Body language yes, but also from what friends that work in the game from a sponsorship point of view have told me.

10 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Could be just what he needs

I hope so. The excuse about game time or him not given a chance is wearing thin.

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Body language yes, but also from what friends that work in the game from a sponsorship point of view have told me.

He's 21 ffs and I refuse to judge the man based on hearsay. Furthermore how he is off the pitch doesn't interest me, he's not my pal. I want him to perform on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I hope so. The excuse about game time or him not given a chance is wearing thin.

He's 21 ffs and I refuse to judge the man based on hearsay. Furthermore how he is off the pitch doesn't interest me, he's not my pal. I want him to perform on the pitch.

Unfortunately, the two are linked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I agree with you in principle but when you consider his attitude off the pitch and look at his lack of development on it, you start to see things stacking up. It takes a certain type of person to be able to take criticism and advice on board.

Kid thinks he's Ronaldo already and he isn't even Maxi bloody Gradel.

Get some criticism for Gray as he's not performing great currently but still don't the constant bashing he gets.......

He cost us 3.5m from Birmingham, hardly a waste of money and still young. He's shown in glimpses what he can do and he's also shown the negative side to him but whats wrong with giving him more time?

If he has another run of games and this time next year there's no improvement then fair enough but maybe lets support him