Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Man City (H) League Cup match thread

Can’t believe he’s picked a weak team.

There’s little to play for in the league and if we’re not going to try and win trophies then what’s the point? There’s a bloody semi final at stake here.

I can only assume he’s thinking that getting to the final didn’t save his job at Southampton, but it’s not about him, it’s about the club, he should be putting us first.

• Like 1

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

It's quite obvious Man city were going to rest their team with good reason. They are top of the league! 

Would you rather win tonight or beat United?  I'd rather get to a semi final all day long.

i want to get to a semi final as well don't get me wrong. but we all saw how squad rotation worked for a league game against Southampton a couple of weeks ago. Have faith in Puel!

Like said before Southampton, look at how many games we have over the next couple of weeks. He was always going to play a changed squad today. And I'd say the league is and always has been the priority over the League Cup. We all want to get to a semi-final but then we also don't want key players injured for such an important and busy part of the season. 

5 minutes ago, lee7 said:

For anyone whose never heard of Foden before I suspect he'll run the show tonight. The lads quality. 

I feel like Puels put out a really weak side Considering what's potentially at stake. 

You think he's that good?I do rate him but there's a lot of seasoned pro's in both teams.

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Think that’s a tad harsh mate. At lot of players looked dead on their feet Saturday and the fixture list is really congested. Also King pretty much had to play due to Wilfs suspension

Don’t be ridiculous. The team says he doesn’t give a shit.

You think he’d have picked that line up if it was a league game tonight?

I had high hopes of this game then seen the team selection,  why o why would you put hamer king ihanacho in? And albrighton on the right ?? I hope I'm proves wrong but looks like puel has now cost me £50 on Leicester at 6/1, everyone knew a weakened man city side would be out tonight so why not play our srrongest 11 best chance of getting to Wembley in a cup final has just gone, please prove me wrong 

Just now, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

I had high hopes of this game then seen the team selection,  why o why would you put hamer king ihanacho in? And albrighton on the right ?? I hope I'm proves wrong but looks like puel has now cost me £50 on Leicester at 6/1, everyone knew a weakened man city side would be out tonight so why not play our srrongest 11 best chance of getting to Wembley in a cup final has just gone, please prove me wrong 

NDIDI IS SUSPENDED AND HE'S THE ONLY OTHER AVAILABLE CENTRAL MIDFIELDER WE HAVE. 

IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. 

Puel hasn't cost you anything. lol. Didn't know we could lose before a game. Might as well cash it out if you have lost all faith in us. In fact, why are you still supporting us?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

i want to get to a semi final as well don't get me wrong. but we all saw how squad rotation worked for a league game against Southampton a couple of weeks ago. Have faith in Puel!

Like said before Southampton, look at how many games we have over the next couple of weeks. He was always going to play a changed squad today. And I'd say the league is and always has been the priority over the League Cup. We all want to get to a semi-final but then we also don't want key players injured for such an important and busy part of the season. 

I just don't see how finishing mid-table is more important than a chance to win our first cup in years. 

I really hope Puel makes me look a complete cvnt and we put on a memorable performance but it's just hard to see.

2 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Don’t be ridiculous. The team says he doesn’t give a shit.

You think he’d have picked that line up if it was a league game tonight?

How is it ridiculous? What is ridiculous is fans not understand squad rotation in a busy fixture list

You’re making out like he’s picked the kids

Edited by foxfanazer

2 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

I can only think there is some kind of Gentleman's agreement at this level to pick a second string side.