Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The dieting thread

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

I haven’t eaten any lettuce although I have eaten a lot of spinach. I’ve eaten a lot of the following :

steak

pork chops

eggs

cheese

olives

avocados

celery

spinach

turnips

leeks

butter 

tuna

mackerel

seabass

anchovies

I had mackerel for my lunch today. Fun times when it spilt over my gym kit in my bag and I smelt like the waiting room for a gynaecologist.

• Haha 1

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I had mackerel for my lunch today. Fun times when it spilt over my gym kit in my bag and I smelt like the waiting room for a gynaecologist.

Love mackerel. Have never had it from tins before but have bought some to try since that is a very easy lunch. 

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Exactly. Tastes nice in the different sauces you can get.

I ate tuna from the can the other day. I’m sure plenty of people have done this but I felt real shame. 

I mean directly from the can. 

Edited by The People's Hero
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Too many carbs mate ! 

Stick some sugar snap peas and tsatsiki in the same bin.... you distract the foxes. I’m going in. 

I was wondering how you was getting on with Keto. I’m pleased you are enjoying it and hoping it doesn’t feel too diety as that’s when I tend to lose motivation.

If you have any spare time check out the Keto sub reddit. It’s really informative and many many success story’s and before and after pics for some motivation 

11 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I was wondering how you was getting on with Keto. I’m pleased you are enjoying it and hoping it doesn’t feel too diety as that’s when I tend to lose motivation.

If you have any spare time check out the Keto sub reddit. It’s really informative and many many success story’s and before and after pics for some motivation 

All going fine. Losing inches but not much weight. Fine by me. 

I really enjoy every meal. I thought the biggest struggle would be beer but it’s actually missing milk in my tea. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Love mackerel. Have never had it from tins before but have bought some to try since that is a very easy lunch. 

11 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Exactly. Tastes nice in the different sauces you can get.

Bloody lovely mackerel ...   small spicy tomato tins on toast as a snack or the bigger peppered smoked ones heated in the microwave for 1 minute and in a lightly buttered sandwich...     yummm eeee !,

Anyway ...   I’m north of 15 stone now so it’s straight on the 5:2 for me ...   today I’m going to drink loads of water and eat sod all till later ...  the CF diet ...    shovel less in and the weight comes off ...  my expanding belly will have to suffer today to get it back in the groove. 

Harsh but necessary ...    :thumbup:

• Like 1

I got up to 13stone and 4. I thought I'd lost no weight, but having just weighed myself, I'm down to 12stone 10, so not too terrible. Definitely lost some inches too.

I've also realised having been on keto and drinking loads of water, I've not experienced the regular headaches I used to, and I suspect its down to the fact I used to always be dehydrated.

Bit of an anal thing, but I'm using a pedometer to monitor my steps as well and ensure I do a minimum of 10,000 per day, which in turn has encouraged me to spend more time outdoors. In fairness, I've been doing that for around 2 months now, so was doing it pre-diet. I only ever used to walk anywhere if it was because I was drinking and so didn't want to have the car. Shameful really.

Fit body, fit mind ready for the launch of my new venture in 10 days.

23 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I ate tuna from the can the other day. I’m sure plenty of people have done this but I felt real shame. 

I mean directly from the can. 

Mate, we've had discussions on here about people licking toilet seats, so I wouldn't worry.

How much protein are you guys taking? Apparently being 6’4 I need over 160grams a day. I don’t really believe that. 

I’m currently trying to lose weight and hopefully put on a bit of muscle since a few months away from the gym has ruined a lot of my progress that I made early last year.

As per above, yesterday I had another low cal day ...  same as the day before ..  this morning I’d lost 5llbs ...   this will go back up a pound or so but will still be a net 4 loss.   Same again next week and I should be back where I want to be then just being sensible eating after that.  

Down the pub tonight to celebrate ...    (In moderation of course)...     :)

25 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I had a great day yesterday, loads of activity, time in the gym and ate very sensibly .... and put on 2lb. 

Oh well! Can’t win them all and I still feel great. 

Will be peeved if it happens again tomorrow w

Its like that sometimes, but its not 2lb of fat you have put on its just water weight fluctuations. Thats why most nutritionists suggest you weigh only once a week as your body can naturally go up and down daily and its not a true reflection of actual fat weight.

Im bit disappointed too after my initial big loss, ive lost nothing in the last week even though i have been very strict and not cheated once. After being quite disheartened ive been reading up on the science side of Keto (bit nerdy, i know) and going through a whole week with no actual loss is also quite normal. Gonna be super pissed though if i dont lose anything next week. 

Still doing Keto and still enjoying all the food I can eat. Regularly using the gym and have upped my daily steps to around 14,000 as a minimum. 

Have lost 11lbs in around three weeks. 

Will update more with my experiences. Would stop short of calling them tips since different approaches and lifestyle choices work for everyone. Carbs have caused me issues for a few years in most processed forms so this works for me and if I do go back to carbs which I suspect is healthier in the long run, I will simply avoid processes carbs ( including bread which is a big culprit )

Wanted to do a quick update before I’m inevitably banned and hopefully the mods/admin don’t manufacture a reason to delete this ( other than who posted it )

Best of luck to all. Stay healthy and happy. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Still doing Keto and still enjoying all the food I can eat. Regularly using the gym and have upped my daily steps to around 14,000 as a minimum. 

Have lost 11lbs in around three weeks. 

Will update more with my experiences. Would stop short of calling them tips since different approaches and lifestyle choices work for everyone. Carbs have caused me issues for a few years in most processed forms so this works for me and if I do go back to carbs which I suspect is healthier in the long run, I will simply avoid processes carbs ( including bread which is a big culprit )

Wanted to do a quick update before I’m inevitably banned and hopefully the mods/admin don’t manufacture a reason to delete this ( other than who posted it )

Best of luck to all. Stay healthy and happy. 

Really pleased you are enjoying what you eat, for me thats a big part of a diet and sticking to it. Well done and keep it up. Monthly reports please. 

Was going to also post today as its the end of the month, after my initial OMG water weight loss its hit home that its going to take a tad longer to get to the weight i am comfortable with. Still feel i have done amazing though and lost 12lbs in total for the month. Like you i enjoy what i eat and contrary to popular opinion i actually eat more veggies than i ever did. 

• Like 2

On 01/02/2019 at 22:18, Countryfox said:

Two weeks on the 5:2 and I’m down 8 lbs ...   will be careful for a bit and it’s job done.   

Feeling pretty pleased with myself ..   :)

Nice one. Been doing the intermittent fasting for 6 weeks. Worked wonders so far down almost 8kg. Ive struggled with every other diet but this intermittent fasting has worked. First week was tough especially around midday as blood sugar was probably low but after that it's easy and feel way better. Plus there's no real limit to what you can eat at dinner time so that suits me.  Probably not for everyone but does work.

Multivitamins have probably helped too. As that was the biggest concern becoming deficient in something. Lots of water too to beat any hunger issues but don't really get them anymore.

Edited by desertfox2
Vits

13 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Nice one. Been doing the intermittent fasting for 6 weeks. Worked wonders so far down almost 8kg. Ive struggled with every other diet but this intermittent fasting has worked. First week was tough especially around midday as blood sugar was probably low but after that it's easy and feel way better. Plus there's no real limit to what you can eat at dinner time so that suits me.  Probably not for everyone but does work.

Multivitamins have probably helped too. As that was the biggest concern becoming deficient in something. Lots of water too to beat any hunger issues but don't really get them anymore.

Well done ! ...   yeah it’s the only one I can manage too.  My mate does it as a lifestyle now and finds it very easy to fit the two days in every week ...   mind you he spends a lot of time outdoors which helps.  I do the two days back to back for maximum effect, with a bit of exercise and plenty of water ...   by the end of the second day I go to bed dreaming of eggs on toast for breakfast ..  :)

Never bothered with vitamins but will have a look ...  :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Well done ! ...   yeah it’s the only one I can manage too.  My mate does it as a lifestyle now and finds it very easy to fit the two days in every week ...   mind you he spends a lot of time outdoors which helps.  I do the two days back to back for maximum effect, with a bit of exercise and plenty of water ...   by the end of the second day I go to bed dreaming of eggs on toast for breakfast ..  :)

Never bothered with vitamins but will have a look ...  :thumbup:

Thanks. Vitamins are more because I'm not really breaking the fast with the most healthy things, which should probably be the next goal. Pretty much eat anything which suits me as I love food a bit too much.

I've actually managed to get up to 6 days which is probably excessive and a cheat day on the weekend. I eat dinner every night but thats it for almost 24 hours. Just water and black coffee.

Hahaha going to bed dreaming of egg on toast. That I can definitely relate to.

There's a good podcast with Joe Rogan and GSP (the UFC guy on YouTube) amazing that he can work out as he does and still intermittent fast.. says it changed his life. Has mine. Worth a look if you get a chance. Best of luck with your fast.

14 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

Sod the diet , 6 days a week insanity to get ripped and then 3 times a week to maintain . All with weight sessions aswell . All that at 53 . Just eat sensibly. 

I did insanity max 30, didn’t get ripped but looking at the pics I took of myself after I’ve certainly gone backwards.

Absolutely grim though, prefer chips.