Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The dieting thread

Had a stomach tumor in january and thought 'sod this' so got back in shape from april to october 6 days a week with 3 days weights aswell. Now 3 days a week insanity with 5 days weights to maintain stomach and build . Really happy with results . Id post a pic but fear i'd become one of those sad prats that post pics of themselves lol.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ll be back in here if the weekend is anything to go by, other half has been in hospital so I’ve somehow managed to eat chips everyday since Friday lol.

Not related to this thread in any way, but I hope she's OK. 

As you were ?

• Like 1

On 11/01/2019 at 09:35, The People's Hero said:

Found the thread. Prepare yourself for boring updates on my keto experiment. 

I've been Keto consistently since Sept., I tried it previously and lost a lot, then got lazy and gained some back. Christmas was difficult, so I plateaued in Jan, but weights going down again.

I've lost 3 stone since March last year, 2 of which was since Sept. Keto and Intermittent Fasting is the way to go. I thought you might be interested in my progress! :)

Screenshot_20190206-081641.jpg

Edited by Merging Cultures
  • Like 4

Can someone who's keto tell me how they feel if they relapse and eat a shit load of carbs? Do you immediately feel energized when your body switches back to using carbs or do you feel like shit? 

Also, 16:8 fasting is a fantastic program, I'm seeing more muscle definition than ever at the moment.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Can someone who's keto tell me how they feel if they relapse and eat a shit load of carbs? Do you immediately feel energized when your body switches back to using carbs or do you feel like shit? 

Also, 16:8 fasting is a fantastic program, I'm seeing more muscle definition than ever at the moment.  

When I did Keto in 2017 and relapsed and had a pizza I felt like shit the next day. Bloated and lethargic. 2 days later after my body had used the carbs for fuel I went back to feeling more alert again. 

So far this time, no relapses and really want to keep it that way till summer. For a good source of info on Keto, check out the sub-reddit /r keto. 

Edit it to add I do IF and eat at 12 & 5pm. So 19/5 most days. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I relapsed over Christmas - as you can see from the chart! I didn't go crazy, but the water weight instantly came back.

I didn't feel energised at all. I felt like crap. I was also constipated. So, I wouldn't recommend it. Although some people do cycle carbs.

16:8 is good, but I can't say whether my weightloss is due to IF or Keto (oh and no alcohol). I have been OMAD once a week recently too, which makes me feel good, I'll see if it accelerates the weightloss, I think it has certainly helped me get back into Keto after having some carbs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Why does intermittent fasting work ? Might try it. 

Because you eat less calories than you burn as with all diets and weight loss. However with IF you can eat bigger meals and still be under your limit for the day. I would never lose weight any other way as I have a big appetite.

I am doing 1pm to 9pm but usually stop eating earlier. 

32 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Because you eat less calories than you burn as with all diets and weight loss. However with IF you can eat bigger meals and still be under your limit for the day. I would never lose weight any other way as I have a big appetite.

I am doing 1pm to 9pm but usually stop eating earlier. 

I think I sort of do it as I never eat until 1 but do have plenty of coffee during the morning. 

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah same generally I have black coffee all morning then a light lunch then decent dinner. 

Do you do keto? I add coconut mct oil to my coffee and sometimes almond milk too. Would I still be fasting consuming that?

i never used to get a buzz from coffee but I do drink it very strong now. 

39 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Do you do keto? I add coconut mct oil to my coffee and sometimes almond milk too. Would I still be fasting consuming that?

i never used to get a buzz from coffee but I do drink it very strong now. 

No I don’t do keto just low carb high protein moderate fat. I would say adding the milk would break the fast yeah. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Why does intermittent fasting work ? Might try it. 

During your fasting period (which means you can still drink water & black coffee) your body is getting energy from burning your current fat. Also not eating equals less calorie intake, you just have to be careful when you break your fast though that you don't over compensate. 

It wasnt really a choice for me as i i never eat breakfast, i just eat at lunch and dinner and skip my late night supper binge. 

Many Kero dieters IF or OMAD and its proven to work for them, but it works well with every diet. The bonus with Keto is you don't tend to feel hunger as the majority of your calories come from fat, which is the most satiety of all the macro nutrients. 

(Sorry if my posts come across as preaching :S its just a diet that works for me.)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I think I sort of do it as I never eat until 1 but do have plenty of coffee during the morning. 

15 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah same generally I have black coffee all morning then a light lunch then decent dinner. 

When doing the 5:2 which is a fasting diet you have to be very careful not to miss out meals ...   the secret is to still eat 3 meals a day but just keep you calories below 600 for the day ...   skipping meals actually reduces the effect.  So I was told anyway cus i used to think it might help.  

On 06/02/2019 at 06:11, Merging Cultures said:

I've been Keto consistently since Sept., I tried it previously and lost a lot, then got lazy and gained some back. Christmas was difficult, so I plateaued in Jan, but weights going down again.

I've lost 3 stone since March last year, 2 of which was since Sept. Keto and Intermittent Fasting is the way to go. I thought you might be interested in my progress! :)

Screenshot_20190206-081641.jpg

Haven't seen you around for a while MC ...   glad you're back ! ...   was going to ask what you've been doing but its quite obvious you can't type when you're busy shoving food down your neck ...    :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

During your fasting period (which means you can still drink water & black coffee) your body is getting energy from burning your current fat. Also not eating equals less calorie intake, you just have to be careful when you break your fast though that you don't over compensate. 

It wasnt really a choice for me as i i never eat breakfast, i just eat at lunch and dinner and skip my late night supper binge. 

Many Kero dieters IF or OMAD and its proven to work for them, but it works well with every diet. The bonus with Keto is you don't tend to feel hunger as the majority of your calories come from fat, which is the most satiety of all the macro nutrients. 

(Sorry if my posts come across as preaching :S its just a diet that works for me.)

That's really helpful thanks.

I think I unwittingly do this already, although do tend to eat quite late in the evening so just need to bring that forward.

Its 2pm now and all I've had today has been black coffee. I've been on the phone all day to insurance brokers and didn't notice the time go by. Rock'n'roll.

By the way, I thought I had ketoflu/sore throat and kept blaming keto. Turns out I have fairly bad tonsillitis. Oops. This speaking is therefore made possibly mainly by that numbing throat spray and drinking coffee is only just about doable. I don't want to go to hospital, which is possibly what's needed if I don't keep hydrated. Woe is me.

On 07/02/2019 at 13:18, Countryfox said:

Haven't seen you around for a while MC ...   glad you're back ! ...   was going to ask what you've been doing but its quite obvious you can't type when you're busy shoving food down your neck ...    :D

Just been busy. I'll probably be posting more this year!

Thanks for the welcome back though!

Edited by Merging Cultures
  • Like 1

Starting to plateau out now, fluctuating between 12 stone 2 and 12 stone 5. My target weight was 12 stone.

I'm not too upset because I feel a lot better than I always did and I've definitely lost some size. I've definitely lost some muscle too, but there we are.

Not quite sure what do now. I'd like to lose a bit more of the belly weight, but have realised since I've been working so hard on my new company and also not really drinking, the combination is I just haven't seen my friends. I know its awful, but its the only time I see them! Since I also now work from home, I've become a bit of a hermit. 

Have decided to open a bottle of champagne  cava when we write our first risk over £10,000, so that's something to look forward to I guess. Not sure on the friend's front though - going down the club and having a tonic water isn't really my style, but perhaps it needs to be.