Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The dieting thread

15 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Hmmmm close but not quite, I do buy quorn chicken pieces and mince a fair bit to be honest.

The chicken pieces go really well in a curry - the trick is to let them marinade overnight to absorb the flavours.

• Like 1

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Wack then in a frying pan with a bit of franks red hot sauce and then have them

on a wrap with salad, pretty decent as an emergency no prep meal.

That sounds nice, tbh.

I'll give it a try.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yep.

And with the mince just fry it up with a tin of tomatoes, onion, paprika and mushroom is tasty as well.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I do with it, though with lots of garlic too.

• Like 1

I ate quite a bit of quorn stuff when I first went veggie but I eat a lot less now. 

The chicken pieces are convenient for a quick meal but I would rather have veg. Not a fan of the mince either.

Linda Mccartney stuff is much better than quorn imo.

Decided to get a fitbit last week to track steps, calories etc. 

This thoroughly amused me, apparently it detects increased heart rate as active exercise minutes, even when actually just lying in bed watching the football.

You can even see the dip in heart rate at half time today lol

ePovyVc.jpg

• Like 1

Personally, I don't believe in dieting and all that. I believe that the key to a healthy and glowing body is through eating healthy and exercising everyday. Also, it is important to consume lots of water on a daily basis as it keeps the body hydrated and helps skin maintains it's natural moisture.

On 17/03/2018 at 21:39, ajthefox said:

I ate quite a bit of quorn stuff when I first went veggie but I eat a lot less now. 

The chicken pieces are convenient for a quick meal but I would rather have veg. Not a fan of the mince either.

Linda Mccartney stuff is much better than quorn imo.

The Quorn stuff is, imho, absolutely fookin horrible. It’s like eating cardboard.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Back on it ...   too much too often and the little pointer on the scales has edged upwards ...   

Interesting article I read this morning whilst eating my porridge ...

IMG_0194.jpg

Do you struggle to sleep on fasting days? I do, its not feeling hungry , maybe its something to do with blood sugar. I have to have a diet yoghurt before I go bed now.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Do you struggle to sleep on fasting days? I do, its not feeling hungry , maybe its something to do with blood sugar. I have to have a diet yoghurt before I go bed now.

No I sleep fine ...   but I do sometimes get a headache.  I thought it was because I was slightly dehydrated but even if I drink loads of water I still get it.   I'm not too worried about it though as it must be a bit of a shock for the body to drop to 600 calories for 2 days running ! ...   apart from weight loss i'm convinced it is good for you to fast and has additional benefits, like the article suggests.   

• Like 1

Lost 1stone in 8 weeks.

No bread,salads for lunch( which I’m loving) I do allow myself 1 packet of crisps wotsits,French fries a day and no chocolate.

No picking in the evening.

Got Quorn tomorrow,making some burritos ( wrap might be bad) never that fond tbh tend to get more prawns and fish at the moment.

Still need to lose a good stone or two 

On 19/03/2018 at 08:34, Col city fan said:

The Quorn stuff is, imho, absolutely fookin horrible. It’s like eating cardboard.

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

For me i find it totally tasteless, i even tried making a chilli with the mince once and added extra spices to liven it up. Nope, not for me :(

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

Lost 1stone in 8 weeks.

No bread,salads for lunch( which I’m loving) I do allow myself 1 packet of crisps wotsits,French fries a day and no chocolate.

No picking in the evening.

Got Quorn tomorrow,making some burritos ( wrap might be bad) never that fond tbh tend to get more prawns and fish at the moment.

Still need to lose a good stone or two 

The trick with Quorn mince (or pieces) is marinading it overnight in your chosen sauce - it doesn't have enough time to absorb the spices if you cook it straight from frozen.

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2018 at 12:19, Webbo said:

Last day today Webster ...   few thin slices of Sundays roast on a bed of salad for dinner ...    and very nice it was too ! .. (porridge earlier and a banana for lunch) ...  guts feel much better after the hammering I'm been giving them of late ....    can't wait for tomorrow morning ...   first to see how much I've lost ...     then a nice big brekky !! ...   :)

IMG_0197.jpg

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Last day today Webster ...   few thin slices of Sundays roast on a bed of salad for dinner ...    and very nice it was too ! .. (porridge earlier and a banana for lunch) ...  guts feel much better after the hammering I'm been giving them of late ....    can't wait for tomorrow morning ...   first to see how much I've lost ...     then a nice big brekky !! ...   :)

IMG_0197.jpg

I fasted yesterday and again tomorrow. That looks a bit more than what I have. I've lost around 9lbs since Christmas ( I had a week off when we moved house) so not bad.

• Like 1