Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The dieting thread

1 minute ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Not quite, ketones and ketogenesis are real things. Whether or not it is the healthiest or most sustainable way to lose weight is another matter. It's not the diet for me, that's for sure.

What do you eat on your diet egg fried rice ?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

lol To be fair I have made it a few times and fit it within my daily calorie limit. If you bulk out the rice with veg and don't use too much oil, the macro-nutrients are actually pretty good!

I’m more a special fried rice man myself and have it with chicken and cashew nuts on top and a bottle of red ...    normally after a couple of pints and a packet of crisps ...    funnily enough this is usually  just before a period of dieting ...     during which I don’t have any fried rice at all ...     :)

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

11 lbs lost so far in 19 days, I'm very pleased with this and the added benefit of eating keto style is you are never hunger so there is less chance to cheat. 

Wow that’s a lot were you big to begin with? I know when losing weight the first few weeks is mostly water weight but even so that’s impressive. I started cutting down last week and lost 1.7lbs in a week. My aim is a stone in 3 months

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

11 lbs lost so far in 19 days, I'm very pleased with this and the added benefit of eating keto style is you are never hunger so there is less chance to cheat. 

:appl: Are you still off the booze Suze?

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Wow that’s a lot were you big to begin with? I know when losing weight the first few weeks is mostly water weight but even so that’s impressive. I started cutting down last week and lost 1.7lbs in a week. My aim is a stone in 3 months

You can't ask a lady that mate lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

All I’m going to say to you Muzzett is equality ...    equality...    treat everyone the same ..      ok.

So, anyway ...    Una wants to know if you were a lard arsed bloater to start with Suze ? ...    :)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Thank you and yes most of the weight was water and I know it will slow down massively now. My target is to try to lose 2lbs a week. I need want to lose another 2 stone if I can. 

25 minutes ago, Izzy said:

:appl: Are you still off the booze Suze?

Yup 19 days sober and it’s actually been a lot easier than I was anticipating. Don’t get me wrong I’d love a drink now but I’m also ok not having one. 

And thank you for asking x

• Like 1

I need to get on this thread. Starting to get worried on match days if I will get in the turnstiles or not :facepalm:(seriously though, there must be some people who genuinely struggle!).

I need to watch what I eat better (it's been tough as I work full time and also studying part time, so by the time I get home from a full days work my focus is generally on putting together a quick meal before starting on my studies), but the main thing for me is and always will be to get in a good amount of exercise. 

3 hours ago, rachhere said:

I need to get on this thread. Starting to get worried on match days if I will get in the turnstiles or not :facepalm:(seriously though, there must be some people who genuinely struggle!).

I need to watch what I eat better (it's been tough as I work full time and also studying part time, so by the time I get home from a full days work my focus is generally on putting together a quick meal before starting on my studies), but the main thing for me is and always will be to get in a good amount of exercise. 

I tend to cook in bulk and freeze so i dont have to prepare food everynight. So will make soups / chilli's / currys etc and then portion it out in boxs and freeze till i want to eat. It really helps, especially if you have busy lifestyle (or just to lazy to cook) as you know exactly what you are eating so dont turn to processed and its quick and fast to cook.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I tend to cook in bulk and freeze so i dont have to prepare food everynight. So will make soups / chilli's / currys etc and then portion it out in boxs and freeze till i want to eat. It really helps, especially if you have busy lifestyle (or just to lazy to cook) as you know exactly what you are eating so dont turn to processed and its quick and fast to cook.  

Ironically we bought an extra mini freezer for just this... :frusty: I just need to get back into better routines really! 

• Like 1

Typed out a really long post for this thread and when I clicked to post it, I found out I had a two day ban. The posters who hurled obscenities and abuse at me obviously faced no punishment but there we are. I’d rather play the outlaw who knows he is right than the self doubting fool who stays tight to the bosom of the authorities !

anyway I’ll have to retype it all out. Still doing keto. Still hitting the gym. Still have the love for the streets. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Typed out a really long post for this thread and when I clicked to post it, I found out I had a two day ban. The posters who hurled obscenities and abuse at me obviously faced no punishment but there we are. I’d rather play the outlaw who knows he is right than the self doubting fool who stays tight to the bosom of the authorities !

Can you stop moaning and talk to us about lettuce please.

16 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Can you stop moaning and talk to us about lettuce please.

I haven’t eaten any lettuce although I have eaten a lot of spinach. I’ve eaten a lot of the following :

steak

pork chops

eggs

cheese

olives

avocados

celery

spinach

turnips

leeks

butter 

tuna