Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Merging Cultures

What would you like to forget?

On 22/01/2018 at 11:12, daddylonglegs said:

In terms of my adult life... 18ish onwards I'm not really ashamed of anything. It's the years before that that really cringe me out. Trying to be a big shot, not respecting people in the way I shouldve done. Luckily I learnt from mistakes at Uni but it was pretty sad to see a lot of my friends still making mistake after mistake (whether it be drugs, alcohol, girls/boys or whatever). 

im with this ; between the ages of 13-16 i was a complete melt in school. not respecting my teachers and generally starting crap in classrooms. fighting other students even offered out a few teachers along the way. (none of them accepted the offer the pussies lol) and i sort of regret being this way. i mean i'm happy with how my life has turned out now. got a good job, wonderful wife and a beautiful son with a second child on the way but i sometimes think i shouldve knuckled down a bit better at school and just kept quiet instead of being a "jack the LAD"

6 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

im with this ; between the ages of 13-16 i was a complete melt in school. not respecting my teachers and generally starting crap in classrooms. fighting other students even offered out a few teachers along the way. (none of them accepted the offer the pussies lol) and i sort of regret being this way. i mean i'm happy with how my life has turned out now. got a good job, wonderful wife and a beautiful son with a second child on the way but i sometimes think i shouldve knuckled down a bit better at school and just kept quiet instead of being a "jack the LAD"

Yes, but this has probably shaped you as a man, so whilst you cringe now, it has led you on the path your on fella.

I'm very much the same, don't want to forget it, just be thankful I've moved on ( in real life at least!)

I've got quite a few things, all will make me sound crazy... not sure if anyone somehow knows me on this forum but suppose they'll remember after these..

First thing I ever remember at the age of 2/3 I grabbed a stone while my dad wasn't looking and walked around his brand new car scratching it as because he'd sold his last car which I'd nicknamed herbie after the film (luckily wasn't an actual vw beetle) 

Next thing I remember was a slightly weird one. I had a weird fear of big bird, like nightmares of it killing my family and stuff... one day in nursery I thought I could hear it speaking to me so put bread down my ear to shut it up! had to go hospital to get it removed and still have it in a jar somewhere...

Also once tried to burn the new house down at a similar age... again to do with attachment to previous things, the old house...

I can safely say I've calmed down 18 years later 

I have mostly forgotten as I can barely remember doing it but as a kid, probably around 4 I inexplicably decided to cut the wire for the hoover whilst it was plugged in, lucky to have just singed my sleeve.

I was playing football in Turkey around 2008,  me and a defender from the other team went up for a header and i just heard him scream. he must have landed awkwardly and his whole leg below the knee just gave way and his leg looked like it was made of rubber. the ref took one look a threw up at the sight of it   

Last night was my partner's daughters 27th birthday. A group of us went to the Falcon pub in Wycombe which is a Wetherspoon's. I knew that the steaks and gammons had been pulled due to the health standards of the supplier. I ordered pork ribs, but they had none. Looked at the menu again, and ordered half a chicken. None available. Lamb shanks next, but hey- hoe, they had none left. By now I was fuming, and settled for fish and chips. Guess what? No f-----g fish! I went ape shit at the manager and stormed out, retuning home a cooking belly pork, sprouts in mushroom sauce, and new potatoes. Lovely!

On 25/01/2018 at 02:17, daventry_fox said:

I was playing football in Turkey around 2008,  me and a defender from the other team went up for a header and i just heard him scream. he must have landed awkwardly and his whole leg below the knee just gave way and his leg looked like it was made of rubber. the ref took one look a threw up at the sight of it   

That’s horrible. Reminds me of when David Busst I think his name was broke his leg for Cov v Man Utd I think in the 90’s. They kept replaying it and the picture was in all the papers. I couldn’t get that image out of my head for weeks...

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

You can tell how bad it is right away from Schmeichel's reaction. Apparently, he threw up at the edge of the pitch not long after.

No fvckin way I'm clicking play on that Mac!

11 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

You can tell how bad it is right away from Schmeichel's reaction. Apparently, he threw up at the edge of the pitch not long after.

I have a very weak stomach when it comes to that sort of thing, so i'll avoid watching it. As others have said, i remember it from the time. Wasyl's broken leg was pretty nasty too

34 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

That’s horrible. Reminds me of when David Busst I think his name was broke his leg for Cov v Man Utd I think in the 90’s. They kept replaying it and the picture was in all the papers. I couldn’t get that image out of my head for weeks...

24 minutes ago, daventry_fox said:

I remembered that colided with Peter schmeichal wasn't it? That was an horrendous injury. 

14 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

1 minute ago, TiffToff88 said:

I have a very weak stomach when it comes to that sort of thing, so i'll avoid watching it. As others have said, i remember it from the time. Wasyl's broken leg was pretty nasty too

Meh.

Norman Hunter would have just ran it off.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

No fvckin way I'm clicking play on that Mac!

14 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Thankfully the camera is angled so you don't really see just how bad the injury is, it's actually reasonably safe to watch.

Not like more recent times where you could see Eduardo's incident in full HD from about ten angles.