Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Permafrost

WBA away - 3pm Sat 10th March

getting the train into The Hawthorns station, any good away pubs close to that? Do they still have that fan park open?

Edit - according to the WBA away supporters guide the Fanzone is still open. Not bad place to go before the game if its not wet :) 

Edited by LittlethorpeFox

5 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

getting the train into The Hawthorns station, any good away pubs close to that? Do they still have that fan park open?

Edit - according to the WBA away supporters guide the Fanzone is still open. Not bad place to go before the game if its not wet :) 

If you are going to the Hawthorns station you are better off having a few beers near Snow Hill station in Brum. A few decent pubs to choose from the pick being the old stock house opposite the Cathedral.

Boozers in West Brom are dire.

2 hours ago, boots60 said:

If you are going to the Hawthorns station you are better off having a few beers near Snow Hill station in Brum. A few decent pubs to choose from the pick being the old stock house opposite the Cathedral.

Boozers in West Brom are dire.

Old Joint Stock it’s called. Fullers pub. Old Contemptibles is another good pub at side of Snow Hill station.

27 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Should be fun whichever pub you go to as Aston Villa are at home to Wolves on Saturday as well.

Very few villa drink in Birmingham. Generally get the train straight there or come from the likes of Lichfield/Sutton Coldfield. More likely to bump into Wolves fans 

i have 4 tickets available for this game (WEST BROM AWAY) and few have dropped out; 

3 adults and 1 under 22; selling all together at face value; please PM me if you want them;

No time wasters please as I've already had a few of them already;

10 hours ago, jogsuk said:

i have 4 tickets available for this game (WEST BROM AWAY) and few have dropped out; 

3 adults and 1 under 22; selling all together at face value; please PM me if you want them;

No time wasters please as I've already had a few of them already;

I’ll buy two adults off you if you can’t get rid of all four together. Let me know 

11 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Which pub is likely to have most Leicester fans and a bit of a sing song?

Got a couple of mates coming for the game and would like to take them somewhere with an atmosphere.

Old Contemptibles next to Snow Hill station.

44 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Is that’s the spoons? Heard good things about that. I’ll be heading there 

Spoons is the Briar Rose, with the Sun on the Hill next door but 1, been decent in the past.

The Old Joint Stock, is ok, but not really a football pub. we will probably end up using all 3 on the walk to Snow Hill.

Looking forward to a few beers....moved from Leicester 20 years ago so know quite a few decent pubs in and around Brum...

For ease before and after the game... Bennetts Hill opposite New Street Station has a few decent pubs including:

Briar Rose (Spoons) - cheap and football pub, no thrills

Lost and Found (corner) - decent place with a hidden room in the bookcase

Cosy Club (corner) - similar to Leicester but back rooms with seats/sofas etc

Old Joint Stock - opposite cathedral, lovely pub, pricey and has a small garden out the back

The Wellington (top end) - go upstairs and out the back for an outside seat which is covered if raining

Sun on the Hill - cheap, no thrills

Just round the corner on Colmore Row is The Bureau Bar - go all the way upstairs to a roof top area where there is usually a DJ playing, not well known and quite cool place in the evenings

Lord Clifden in the Jewellery Quarter - best taps in town.

Evening could be interesting, Villa Wolves finishing the same time as Birmingham fans will be getting into town from Cardiff.