Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The Race for 7th - Stats Galore

On 4/1/2018 at 15:44, Master Fox said:

Has our Arsenal game at home been given a date yet? 

We should be winning every game we've got left. There's no team we're playing we can't beat if we play well. 

No date yet but it will be confirmed by the end of today along with the GW37 TV selections (says the PL anyway but we know how they've been with TV selection dates this season so far).

Update 03/04/2018

At half time, it looked like this thread could solely contain Burnley in the race for 7th! However we stay goodbye to Everton, could be struggle for them to get back in with 5 points if Burnley get a result at the weekend (Liverpool take on Everton). Similarly as the scores stayed level at the Emirates on Sunday, Burnley were nearly in the race for 6th! It's not impossible if Leicester and Burnley continue to keep winning that Arsenal could be surpassed as they both have fixtures against the Gunners and Man United are to play them at Old Trafford. 

The averages suggest that we require 5 more points for 10th and 13 more points for 7th. 

Form

Based on Points Per Game

Burnley 56

Leicester 53

Based on the last 6 games 

Burnley 59

Leicester 54

Based on the last 10 games

Leicester 54

Burnley 54

Form says we will achieve 53-55 points. Interestingly we are top six for our last ten games and Burnley are top six for their last six games.  

Based on reverse results - they did not beat West Brom in the fixture at Turf Moor hence the three points, this has highlighted that the failure to beat Stoke on both occasions could be our downfall. 

Burnley 59

Leicester 56

Next Fixtures - Saturday 7/04/2018

Leicester City v Newcastle United

Watford v Burnley

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Burnley must be feeling quite deflated....after 75 minutes on Saturday, we had one foot in Europe (leading 2-0 at West Brom while the Foxes were just about to go one down at Brighton).

It looked like being a six-point gap in our favour, but Brighton missed the penalty to gift wrap the Foxes a confidence boosting 2-0 win. You even improved your goal difference advantage over us.

I agree with Cardiff Fox, that Everton - along with Watford & Bournemouth - are unlikely to get 7th now although Liverpool could be distracted by their Champions League tie against Man City. Everton, with their terrible goal difference, now have to gain 7 points on Burnley from 6 games.

Arsenal would probably have to lose against both Burnley and Leicester to allow 6th place to slip from their grasp.

Edited by lancyclaret

11 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Burnley must be feeling quite deflated....after 75 minutes on Saturday, we had one foot in Europe (leading 2-0 at West Brom while the Foxes were just about to go one down at Brighton).

It looked like being a six-point gap in our favour, but Brighton missed the penalty to gift wrap the Foxes a confidence boosting 2-0 win. You even improved your goal difference advantage over us.

I agree with Cardiff Fox, that Everton - along with Watford & Bournemouth - are unlikely to get 7th now although Liverpool could be distracted by their Champions League tie against Man City. Everton, with their terrible goal difference, now have to gain 7 points on Burnley from 6 games.

Arsenal would probably have to lose against both Burnley and Leicester to allow 6th place to slip from their grasp.

I fancy Leicester and Burnley to both beat Arsenal.

Good luck Lanceyclaret in the race for 6th....game on.

• Like 2

If we don't catch Burnley, providing the rest of the season progresses smoothly enough, I think we can look back at the three consecutive 1-1 home draws with Swansea, Bournemouth and Stoke as the area we slipped up. I'd be expecting at least 6/7 points there and we got 3. I still think Burnley are very catchable and a win at Turf Moor would be a massive step towards that.

Edited by LCCFox96

2 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

If we don't catch Burnley, providing the rest of the season progresses smoothly enough, I think we can look back at the three consecutive 1-1 home draws with Swansea, Bournemouth and Stoke as the area we slipped up. I'd be expecting at least 6/7 points there and we got 3. I still think Burnley are very catchable and a win at Turf Moor would be a massive step towards that.

It seems like this is a must if we want 7th. If we lose that game, we may as well bury any hope. If we draw, we have a lot of work to keep pressure on Burnley.

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It seems like this is a must if we want 7th. If we lose that game, we may as well bury any hope. If we draw, we have a lot of work to keep pressure on Burnley.

Yup, as much as I hate the saying, it's a real 6-pointer.

1 hour ago, lancyclaret said:

Is dyche making noises that he wants to qualify?

i think, with your squad depth, it could push you into a difficult season re PL safety. 

Im not too happy about us getting into it but I feel we have enough in our squad to cope, assuming we make some additions in the summer together with some of the youngsters coming through. 

1 hour ago, LCCFox96 said:

You mean it's Mahrez fault. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Is dyche making noises that he wants to qualify?

i think, with your squad depth, it could push you into a difficult season re PL safety. 

Im not too happy about us getting into it but I feel we have enough in our squad to cope, assuming we make some additions in the summer together with some of the youngsters coming through. 

It scuppers a good pre-season but unless you get through two rounds of qualifying (3rd Round and Playoff), then you have a normal season like everyone else.

I think Burnley could cope if they didn't get past the qualification stages before the groups. Otherwise it becomes a tough season.

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It scuppers a good pre-season but unless you get through two rounds of qualifying (3rd Round and Playoff), then you have a normal season like everyone else.

I think Burnley could cope if they didn't get past the qualification stages before the groups. Otherwise it becomes a tough season.

i would expect both burnley and us to get through qualification. neither side is as poor as wet spam were last season. 

I would think players at the World Cup would unlikely to be considered for the play-off qualifiers.

Think I would prefer a few normal pre-season friendlies to get Steven Defour & Robbie Brady 100% fit after knee surgery.

Edited by lancyclaret

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

i would expect both burnley and us to get through qualification. neither side is as poor as wet spam were last season. 

Problem for Burnley would be a non existent club coefficient meaning the potential of playing a 6th/7th finishing club from one of Europe’s top leagues.