Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The Race for 7th - Stats Galore

1 hour ago, Harry - LCFC said:

We ought to have enough to stay up and compete in the Europa League.

I don’t disagree but we surely won’t have enough to make the last eight of th Europa league and also qualify for the following seasons tournement ! 

Remember that 7th means beginning the campaign in mid July 

Edited by st albans fox

54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t disagree but we surely won’t have enough to make the last eight of th Europa league and also qualify for the following seasons tournement ! 

Remember that 7th means beginning the campaign in mid July 

the qualifiers start while the world cup is on, 2 weeks after the initial group games are completed, will we have any players to play for us? how many will we lose to the world cup? 

10 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

the qualifiers start while the world cup is on, 2 weeks after the initial group games are completed, will we have any players to play for us? how many will we lose to the world cup? 

We'd enter in the second qualifying round which takes place on 26th July - 11 days after the World Cup Final. 

Even if you take into account, loans/contracts/international duty, you'd be able to field the following:

Jakupovic

Simpson

Morgan

Amartey

Chilwell

Mahrez

Iborra

James

Albrighton

Diabate

Okazaki

A bench from: Youth GK, Hughes/Knight, Fuchs, Thomas, Gray, Barnes and another. 

That's assuming King, Ulloa, Slimani have the permanent deals to their loans achieved.  

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

To update, Everton are within 5 or less points of 7th. 

Projected based on Points per game (as Everton now have a game in hand)

Burnley 54

Leicester 51

Everton 49

Projected based on last 6

Burnley 55

Everton 51

Leicester 48

Projected based on last 10

Burnley 51

Leicester 50

Everton 49

Projected on reverse fixtures

Leicester 56

Burnley 56

Everton 54

This week's fixtures - 31st March

Brighton & Hove Albion v Leicester City

West Bromwich Albion v Burnley

Everton v Manchester City 1730 - BT Sport

• Thanks 2

I've written off Burnley's game at  West Brom - our biggest "bogey" team of the entire 92.

We've lost 0-4 on our last two trips to The Hawthorns - our heaviest defeat in the last two PL seasons. I think we've won only once at WBA since 1960-odd and suffered an 8-1 defeat in 1968. Their only away win this season was at Burnley in August although that was a real "smash and grab" job after we'd won at Chelsea the previous Saturday.

Also Dyche hates the Hawthorns - says he can't remember any of his teams ever winning there and I think I read he broke a leg when playing there. (not 100% sure about breaking the leg bit).

I don't think Brighton will be that easy - we were a bit lucky to get a 0-0 there.

Edited by lancyclaret

1 hour ago, RutlanderFox said:

I can’t see Everton making a real go of it. It seems like they’re on the beach already. Let’s hope Leicester don’t join them now that we’re out the cup otherwise Burnley will stroll to 7th

Man City and Liverpool in their next two will slow them down but this season suggests that Burnley/Leicester won't make up any points. 

Whoever gets seventh spot (or sixth if Southampton win the FA Cup) could have to play up to 21 games in the Europa League next season.

Before the group stage you need to go through three two-legged affairs (second qualifying, third qualifying and final play-off rounds) which gives an initial six games. Then you have the six group games taking you up to twelve. There's then four two-legged rounds (taking you up to twenty) and then the final which would be the 21st game.

There's a minimum of 40 domestic games (38 premier league, 1 FA Cup and 1 League Cup) so, if a Premier League club was to win the Europa League, it's a minimum 61 game season.

If Leicester do sneak in, there's potential for up to 11 away trips :cool:

• Thanks 2

Success brings with it automatically 60+ Games per season.

So do you want Leicester to Tick over on having 45-54 Games ,

Competing only in English competitions!!

I May be mistaken,but Your posts seem to be presenting the obvious Game Count

as being negative..

8 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

I've a sneaky feeling Bournemouth might finish 7th - Howe has always been a lucky so-and-so (especially with referees).

Hope not. Looking at their remaining fixtures though you could be right. The only really scarey ones they have left is Man Utd and Liverpool away, the others (with perhaps the exception of Burnley away) i would imagine they will be feeling pretty confident. 

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

I would genuinely be amazed if we got 7th.

We probably won't win tomorrow and Burnley have the gift of WBA. Then if we don't win at their place, which is a big ask, it's game over. 

Well if you can't beat them you don't deserve to finish higher than them.

We just have to go out and get more points than they do so at the end of the season we're in 7th.

We have it in us to finish 7th.