Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The Race for 7th - Stats Galore

It's a shame we didn't get wins against Swansea and stoke because the way Arsenal are playing there could have been a decent challenge for 6th place. Really need to beat Bournemouth this weekend if we  are to realistically finish 7th  

The only team that deserve to finish 7th and get Europe this season for me is Burnley. They have been average recently but played really well early in the season. They might be boring to watch (one of the best defences and worst attacks combined) but they've got results.

We've been OK this season and Puel is trying to change our style a litle without having a proper transfer window (January doesn't really count) and pre-season.

Everton are just shite, standard Allardyce team, nothing special.

Bournemouth and Watford are both doing better than they should this year but don't think they really are a 7th place team.

I think this will be a right old scrap with positions changing regularly and no one pulling clear. It really is a Top 6 league and then best of the rest after, massive gap in quality.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Looking at some of the shite results we have had (palace home) we really should be looking at 6th place. We really have thrown a chance away this season.

...and still not assured of a place in the premiership next season.....perish the thought.

Another frustrating weekend that harms our chances rather than helps them.

Watford back in the race. Everton look unconvincing to say the least, but so do we right now!

I believe we have the 7th best squad in the league, but we're not showing it.

Edited by Harry - LCFC

10 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

Another frustrating weekend that harms our chances rather than helps them.

Watford back in the race. Everton look unconvincing to say the least, but so do we right now!

I believe we have the 7th best squad in the league, but we're not showing it.

We should be nailed on for 7th with our squad but at the moement I can see us finishing about 14th. We have been really poor since we smashed Peterborough in the cup. If we can't beat Swansea, stoke and Bournemouth at home I just don't see where our next win is coming from. 

Had we won them 3 games like we should have we would be 2 points behind arsenal now. I honestly think we had a chance of catching arsenal as they are a catastrophe but we've well and truly screwed that. It's frustrating as after the city game we had all winnable games till the end of the season except spurs. Can't help but feel we've blown a great chance of finishing top 6 never mind top 7

Edited by jayfox26

We're 8 points behind Arsenal in 6th.

Dropped 6 points in our last 3 home games alone! :frusty: Bournemouth, Stoke and Swansea were supposedly our bread and butter games

The 7th placed finish should not even be a debate. We've only ourselves to blame. I'd say Burnley are still in the hotseat at the moment.

Goodbye to Everton and Bournemouth who find themselves now more than five points away from 7th. 

Averages

To reach the average points for 7th, City need 19 from 27 at 2.11 points per game. 

To reach the lowest points total for 7th, City need 10 from 27 at 1.11 points per game. 

To reach the highest points total for 7th, City need 25 from 27 at 2.78 points per game. 

Last 6 form

Watford 51

Burnley 49

Leicester 46

Last 10 form 

Watford 49

Burnley 47

Leicester 46

Reverse fixtures

Leicester 54

Burnley 54

Watford 47

Next weekend fixtures

West Ham United v Burnley

West Bromwich Albion v Leicester City

Arsenal v Watford - Sunday 1.30

All in Burnley's hands with their fixtures against Leicester and Watford in early April. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 20/02/2018 at 18:39, Wolfox said:

Nice work :thumbup:

I feel we are the best team involved in the race for 7th and the odds of it not opening up to 7th seem very short based on the possible permutations 

When was thr last time it didn’t open up to 7th place?

i am also trying to remember when a top 5 club didn’t win the FA cup/ league cup?

Wigan won the da cup and got relegated in the same season about 4 years ago or so :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Obviously our game at their place is massive but I'd say their remaining games are a tad more favourable than ours 

we've got pretty similar fixtures tbf, we have spurs away, they have arsenal away, we have arsenal at home, they have chelsea at home other than that we would both go into every other game thinking "yeah we should be winning that". 

so yeah like you said, the one game we both probably think we should be winning but can't both win is the game against them. still don't think i'd rule the ev out, based on how rubbish everyone's form is.