Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
truebluethroughandthrough

Don’t CHEAT!!

Memories come and go and fade with time, especially as age catches us up.

Definey mine it seems.

Anyway I was reading an article in the rag that is the sun (not mine honest!) about Derby and how they seem to collapse every season in the later months. It goes on to say that they have conceded two goals in their last two games which is as many as they had conceded in their previous 15! 

I thought wow, that’s pretty impressive.

A quick glance at the table and I see Wolves at the top with a record of P33 W22 D7 L4 

Derby have lost 6 and in 4th.

So I start to drift back to our championship winning year remembering the highlights such as the sublime face smash goal from Chris wood at Watford and his screamer at Burnley.

But when I try and think how the table finished, it becomes a blur.

so WITHOUT looking it up!!! (Cuz I’m bored...)

Can any one tell me how the table finished.

For instance, I think we lost 5? But who to? Bournemouth was one I think.

i remember the hangover defeat to Brighton clearly but don’t remember any of the others.

102 points? But can’t remember if that was my target or what we achieved!!

Anyway if anyone would be generous enough to indulge me with their memories of that season, I would be most grateful.

(but only if you DONT CHEAT!!  Then you deserve genital warts and a season ticket for the city ground)

Thanks in advance ?

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Relegated teams I think were Doncaster, Millwall and Wolves?

We relegated Doncaster on the final day of the season (I know that for most of the game an equalising goal for them would've seen them safe but I'm not certain that when the full 90 were up they were down regardless) 

I don't know if this is the correct season but did Paul Caddis score with his last touch of the game on the same day to keep Birmingham City in the league? 

15 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Relegated teams I think were Doncaster, Millwall and Wolves?

Doncaster went down. Others I'm struggling on. Were Charlton relegated?

I know most of our defeats were to struggling sides, in classic Leicester style.

Ah Yeovil went down too, who we nearly lost to lol 

Was it Barnsley?

Edited by Dan LCFC

10 minutes ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Wolves really?

See, this is what I mean.

Ive got a memory like a fvcking used teabag. Full of holes and mashed

Thinking back now, I think Wolves went the season before. We lost at Molinuex 2-1 the season they went down, Konchesky scored a worldie so I think they were winning league 1 when we were winning the championship.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Doncaster went down. Others I'm struggling on. Were Charlton relegated?

I know most of our defeats were to struggling sides, in classic Leicester style.

Ah Yeovil went down too, who we nearly lost to lol 

Of course Yeovil. Trying to search through my mind for teams that went down...funnily enough they didn't spring to mind as a Championship side!

That Kasper header in the last minute to get the equalizer (tapped in by Wood). I remember going beserk on the match thread at the indignity of potentially losing at home to Yeovil!

I think this was the season Duchatelet turned up at Charlton, they were mid table then sacked Chris Powell and got in a succession of useless managers (remember Jose Riga?) before going down maybe a season or two later.

I remember Blackpool going on a ridiculously bad run of form but only just stayed up in the end. They were in and around the playoffs before imploding. Mahrez scored an absolute worldie in the home game against them (After we went a goal down!).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Doncaster away, Charlton away, Forest home, Brighton away, Brighton home, Sheff Weds away. I can't remember any more on top of that.

28 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I think we lost to Charlton away, Doncaster away (Kasper dropped the ball into the net), Brighton home and away, can't remember the others.

Didn't we lose to Charlton the season before we got promoted?

2 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Didn't we lose to Charlton the season before we got promoted?

Probably, I'm sure we went on a ridiculous run not winning in London until we beat Millwall 3-1 on boxing day with Taylor-Fletcher amongst the goals!

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Probably, I'm sure we went on a ridiculous run not winning in London until we beat Millwall 3-1 on boxing day with Taylor-Fletcher amongst the goals!

3 -1 is correct but it was nuge with the goal! Taylor fletcher if I remember correctly assisted him with some tidy bit of play.

Also Schlupp nut megged the keeper if remember correctly.  Remember going mad listening on the radio when he scored!

3 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Yes, the 2012/13 was a midweek, lost 2-1 and Kermy scored.

Drinkwater got a red in the 2013/14, a weekend game, this one, but still in August. Came away not too happy, from memory.

Ah yes that rings a bell! Ref was a twat! 

Thought it was james who get sent off? Think it was for dissent or something.

We don't have a good record against Charlton do we? We lost at home to them as well didn't we the previous season.

17 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Of course Yeovil. Trying to search through my mind for teams that went down...funnily enough they didn't spring to mind as a Championship side!

That Kasper header in the last minute to get the equalizer (tapped in by Wood). I remember going beserk on the match thread at the indignity of potentially losing at home to Yeovil!

I think this was the season Duchatelet turned up at Charlton, they were mid table then sacked Chris Powell and got in a succession of useless managers (remember Jose Riga?) before going down maybe a season or two later.

I remember Blackpool going on a ridiculously bad run of form but only just stayed up in the end. They were in and around the playoffs before imploding. Mahrez scored an absolute worldie in the home game against them (After we went a goal down!).

Charlton were crap but survived. Blackpool absolutely nosedived. I'm pretty sure we played them away early on and it was 1st v 2nd or something, by the time we played them later on they were about 18th. They carried it into next season as well and came comfortably bottom.

I've looked up the other side who went down but won't ruin it.

10 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Ah yes that rings a bell! Ref was a twat! 

Thought it was james who get sent off? Think it was for dissent or something.

We don't have a good record against Charlton do we? We lost at home to them as well didn't we the previous season.

You're right it was James. Shows how the mind plays tricks on you!

Remember QPR away just before Xmas and how crucial it was after losing to Brighton and Sheff Wed a couple of games before, and we'd lost to Man City in the cup, too. Squirrel gate in operation, Vardy planting the ball in the corner to take a win.

The Charlton away game was proper shit. The only positive was Pearson starting his view from the stands after being sent off. One of the worst referee performances I've ever seen.

We lost back to back I'm sure. Wednesday away, Brighton away.

Edited by Fox92

I'm pretty sure before that Charlton game I made a ridiculously accurate prediction that we'd lose 2-1 and that Kermorgant and Morrison would score lol we've got a shocking record there. In-fact before we beat them at home I'm pretty sure I'd never seen us beat Charlton home or away.

This season was one of my favourite ever following us to be honest. So little expectation going into it and we were superb pretty much all season.