Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
truebluethroughandthrough

Don’t CHEAT!!

We went unbeaten from December to the game after promotion against Brighton IIRC.

Brighton was a slight disappointment being hammered so badly.An all hail the conquering heroes moment that didn't go to plan.Mind you we were hammered in the lead up to it too! 

1 defeat in 27 was outstanding.

The only 2 games I can recall watching were Blackpool at home when we were losing and the Friday night game against the owls before promotion.

What other games were televised does anyone know?

Edited by Blue ROI

I'm che

6 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

What other games were televised does anyone know?

I'm cheating now to answer this.

Leeds (H) 0-0

Watford (A) 3-0

Burnley (H) 1-1

QPR (A) 1-0

Derby (H) 4-1

Leeds (A) 1-0

Burnley (A) 2-0

Sheff Wed (H) 2-1

Reading (A) 1-1

QPR (H) 1-0

Don't forget the other live game, our pre-season match against Monaco as the "Superstars" came to town in front of a wild crowd, led by their charismatic manager.

• Like 3

One of my favourite victories was away at Dean Court to have 9 wins on the bounce. 

I remember the last game of the season being really odd. We were to lift the trophy. It was an early kick-off and the crowd was pretty numb to it all. Wasn't a great feeling sending Doncaster down. Then the club completely misplaced the mood by having Sam chuffing Bailey on before the pitch was invaded and everyone screamed 'what if they had weapons'. 

18 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

One of my favourite victories was away at Dean Court to have 9 wins on the bounce. 

I remember the last game of the season being really odd. We were to lift the trophy. It was an early kick-off and the crowd was pretty numb to it all. Wasn't a great feeling sending Doncaster down. Then the club completely misplaced the mood by having Sam chuffing Bailey on before the pitch was invaded and everyone screamed 'what if they had weapons'. 

There was a guy in the stands for that game, he always had his headphones in listening to the radio whilst the game was going on, proper old school. In the dying minutes he learnt that Doncaster were going down. I vividly remember him screaming, oblivious to the partisan crowd of fellow Leicester fans around him "LET THEM SCORE, LET THEM SCORE, THEY'RE GOING DOWN." He was utterly aghast that we weren't allowing them to easily level the game and survive in a blatant match-fixing agreement.

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

There is like a 2hr review of this season somewhere on youtube

2 hours ago, Danizen said:

I remember our 5-3 against Bolton. Crazy game that was.

They scored and Twat Mills ran 70 yards either cupping his ears or shushing (I forget which). He didn't have much to say at full time. lol

I don’t remember much of that game as it was on my birthday ? 

didnt they wear the same colour kit as the stewards jackets 

We relegated Doncaster final day, who let out the biggest roar of the game when news of the second goal against Birmingham came through. They were safe until the final minute of the game (where we'd wasted time getting Phillips to hug everyone when leaving the field for his final game) when they all urged their team on because they got the news through that Birmingham had scored in the 4th minute of injury time to keep them up but it was too little too late.

3 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

We relegated Doncaster final day, who let out the biggest roar of the game when news of the second goal against Birmingham came through. They were safe until the final minute of the game (where we'd wasted time getting Phillips to hug everyone when leaving the field for his final game) when they all urged their team on because they got the news through that Birmingham had scored in the 4th minute of injury time to keep them up but it was too little too late.

I would've gladly let them score to send Birmingham down

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

We destroyed Derby that Friday night, 4-1 flattered them

We could've easily had 7 or 8 that night. I honestly think that's as good a 90 minute performance as I've ever seen from us. Travesty that Derby got a goal out of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm pretty sure before that Charlton game I made a ridiculously accurate prediction that we'd lose 2-1 and that Kermorgant and Morrison would score lol we've got a shocking record there. In-fact before we beat them at home I'm pretty sure I'd never seen us beat Charlton home or away.

This season was one of my favourite ever following us to be honest. So little expectation going into it and we were superb pretty much all season.

Matty James also got sent off in this fixture. Darren Deadman was reffing and surprisingly had a honker of a game. 

• Like 1

Great season, loved the results against Direby and QPR especially and the Nugent squirrel chase :D  Less so the defeat to florist!

We'd properly been trough the mill in the10 years preceding that promotion, unbelievable that its only 3 seasons ago, seems a lifetime ago now.

Stunning goal from Mahrez that, who could've guessed how many more of those we were going to get and against PL teams. The little scrawny French kid and the non league lad turned out alright and to be PL Champions in the making, who knew :scarf:

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

Here it is - who knew the impact he'd have on our team back then!

Ben Marshall scored some superb goals for us but who thought we'd have a PFA player of the year on our hands!?

The chuddy on Walsh has there, knows he's earned his pennies with that signing.

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

Great season, loved the results against Direby and QPR especially and the Nugent squirrel chase :D  Less so the defeat to florist!

We'd properly been trough the mill in the10 years preceding that promotion, unbelievable that its only 3 seasons ago, seems a lifetime ago now.

Stunning goal from Mahrez that, who could've guessed how many more of those we were going to get and against PL teams. The little scrawny French kid and the non league lad turned out alright and to be PL Champions in the making, who knew :scarf:

QPR away is one of my favourite away days... that season I was upper tier and a couple of rows from the first row and Nugent chasing the squirrel is still one of the best things I've seen.

I remember the season well - on a shoestring budget (only a a £400k fee for Ashley Barnes) Dyche got us 93 points and second place.

Our wage bill was the 7th lowest in the Championship that season with Dean  Marney and Ross Wallace taking big wage cuts unlike 3/4 others who jumped ship and left Dyche to scrape around for free transfer bargains (Tom Heaton, Scott Arfield and Dave Jones). Barnes was our "star signing" in January with Chris Baird joining as a free agent in March when Trippier was injured.

Bigger achievement than us winning the Championship with Barton in 2015/16.

19 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We lost to Charlton home and away the year before. They're a bit of a bogey team for us. Kermorgant scoring on every occasion as well.

They were a proper bogey side. They were always struggling, and they always beat us with Kermogant always scoring. I was thinking about this recently- their fans used to give us plenty of stick over his penalty miss and subsequent YouTube video. 

It got me thinking about other run-ins/rivalries/bad blood between us and other sets of fans which just seem ridiculous now- Plymouth, Blackpool, Bristol City (although they are doing pretty well for themselves). Funny to think we were at that level for so long and where we've got to since.