Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I’m in London waiting around for my train, just got a pint of peroni £7.10!! Wtf

You've picked the most 'it's Friday afternoon and I want to drink all afternoon with my mates but charge it to my company' friendly pint. In Central London. It serves you right. Nobody normal likes Peroni, but alongside Madri, it's the type of pint the admin team at work will believe you are drinking with a boring client when you charge 9 of them back.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

You've picked the most 'it's Friday afternoon and I want to drink all afternoon with my mates but charge it to my company' friendly pint. In Central London. It serves you right. Nobody normal likes Peroni, but alongside Madri, it's the type of pint the admin team at work will believe you are drinking with a boring client when you charge 9 of them back.

Well read 

57 minutes ago, bovril said:

please give some kind of explanation for this incredible and out-of-character act of self-harm

At an awards do with work last night. Thought it would be wise to hang back and get a later train to Leicester and then just stay here till the game. Got to about 12 and I thought wtf am I gonna do so I went for a pint. £15 and 2 peronis down here we are. Train then got cancelled. New train I sat down in first class out of anger, no drama. Now this train stopped due to some bs so just hoping I make the game. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

At an awards do with work last night. Thought it would be wise to hang back and get a later train to Leicester and then just stay here till the game. Got to about 12 and I thought wtf am I gonna do so I went for a pint. £15 and 2 peronis down here we are. Train then got cancelled. New train I sat down in first class out of anger, no drama. Now this train stopped due to some bs so just hoping I make the game. 

Travelling by train, every non-London game for me is a new and exciting experience. Getting to the game on time and for under 50 pounds is less likely than a Leicester victory at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of pints of Pride in The Vintry just off Cannon Street in London on Wednesday night. 

Couple in the Rising Sun near St Paul’s and a swifty before the tube in the Golden Fleece yesterday. Love London pubs. Absolutely choka as well nobody struggling with the price of ale down there clearly! 

19 minutes ago, Manini said:

Couple of pints of Pride in The Vintry just off Cannon Street in London on Wednesday night. 

Couple in the Rising Sun near St Paul’s and a swifty before the tube in the Golden Fleece yesterday. Love London pubs. Absolutely choka as well nobody struggling with the price of ale down there clearly! 

Yes, loved that route on a Thursday. Golden Fleece and Pav End old favourites. No one struggling with the price of a pint because no one is paying for them! It's full swing xmas party season!!! You've got to be seen to be out and drinking in bonus season!

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yes, loved that route on a Thursday. Golden Fleece and Pav End old favourites. No one struggling with the price of a pint because no one is paying for them! It's full swing xmas party season!!! You've got to be seen to be out and drinking in bonus season!

Ahhhhh is that what it is! City was absolutely heaving so that certainly would make sense. 

1 minute ago, PAULCFC said:

Yeah that's really good! Going to have to give them a bell on Monday......which beer did you get?

Next time the girl is back home I’m going to get her to taxi me and the wife so we can do the Friday night tour/session/fish and chips. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Can anyone please recommend any decent central pubs in London to watch the football? This is for West Brom a week on sat

Close to king's cross, Mabel's Tavern is nice and will have the game on. Popular with football fans in general.

Lots of places in Soho show football but they never look like the nicest pub.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bovril said:

Close to king's cross, Mabel's Tavern is nice and will have the game on. Popular with football fans in general.

Lots of places in Soho show football but they never look like the nicest pub.

Soho and the areas near by are good for us that day.