Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

2 pints of Guinness at the Constitutional club in Coalville whilst playing Snooker. 

Diamond of a place (proper traditional) and the pint was as good a Guinness as I've had. 

Oh and it works out at £6.80 for 2 pints....

Edited by Lako42
  • Like 4

Just sat in the Shiny Taproom enjoying a 4Wood best bitter. It's only 40 minutes-odd to walk from my house but hadn't made it before. Missus away and a few days off between jobs seemed the perfect excuse to finally make the trip.

Nice place and surprised how busy it is.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Just sat in the Shiny Taproom enjoying a 4Wood best bitter. It's only 40 minutes-odd to walk from my house but hadn't mate it before. Missus away and a few days off between jobs seemed the perfect excuse to finally make the trip.

Nice place and surprised how busy it is.

Was there a few months back, class. If they have wipeout on that’s a great pint.

17 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Was there a few months back, class. If they have wipeout on that’s a great pint.

Only stayed for one more sadly, went for their Rees' peanut butter stout. Reckon (and l say this confidently despite having only met him briefly once irl outside Mosh about 12 years ago) it's one that @Miquel The Work Geordiewould have enjoyed.

• Like 2

On 27/10/2023 at 11:19, Lako42 said:

2 pints of Guinness at the Constitutional club in Coalville whilst playing Snooker. 

Diamond of a place (proper traditional) and the pint was as good a Guinness as I've had. 

Oh and it works out at £6.80 for 2 pints....

I bet those shots you have to stretch for are a fair bit easier with that 6th finger aren't they! :ph34r:

Back on the subject at hand - I had a few Plum Porters in the Liverpool Philharmonic last night. It goes down so well that stuff I can never say no to it!

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

All the pubs we drank cask ale in late 1981 in and around the centre of Leicester plus a few a little further out.  My housemate kept the record at the time and just sent it me after finding it all these years later. 

Screenshot_20231029_072144.jpg

Untappd from the 1980s, wow! I hope you keep these lists.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Untappd from the 1980s, wow! I hope you keep these lists.

We're all digging up some stuff at the moment. I used to have a pint in the Griffin on Belgrave Gate too. Hardy Hanson pub. Wasn't cask by late 81, so not on that list. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

We're all digging up some stuff at the moment. I used to have a pint in the Griffin on Belgrave Gate too. Hardy Hanson pub. Wasn't cask by late 81, so not on that list. V

For someone who was born in the mid 1990s, that list is a what could have been if I’d been born a bit earlier. I’ll be asking my Dad whether he remembers some of those names.

• Like 1

I had two of the worst pints I’ve had in my life earlier. 

I have drank a lot less in the last life. So become a bit more critical when I drink. 

The warning signings were there at Battersea Brewery (next to the power station) when it became apparent it was ran by Heineken. 

The unfiltered lager was flat and had about as much life in it as the King Power in midweek. They’d ran out of Pale Ales, so advised on this Spiced Pumpkin Ale, it was rancid. 

0/10 - one of the worst pints and worst establishments I’ve been in 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manini said:

Pint of Galicia in the place next door to Junkyard in Nottingham last night. Appreciate it was Halloween but it was lively for a Tuesday, good boozing city. 

I always enjoy Nottingham, always great for a drink and lively.

• Like 2