Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

8 hours ago, Langston said:

I no longer drink but I went in the Real Ale Classroom tonight with some friends (great to see an AF on keg) and thought it was okay but the whole place felt a bit...wet? I don't think how they're circulating heat / cold in there is quite right at the minute.

What was the AF? 

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I know it’s been asked before so apologies. I am in Leeds in a few weeks for a gig, can anyone recommend city centre pubs? Cheers 

Bankers Cat, Whitelocks, The Angel (Sam Smiths), Adelphi, Lamb and Flag, Duck and Drake. Having seen you post in here as well I think you would like the selection in Tapped, North Bar, Friends of Ham and if you want some scran to go with try Little Bao Boy which is also one of North’s locations with all their beers on. Would also recommend the original Head of Steam which is on Mill Hill. The new one is on Park Row and it’s absolutely fine but I just prefer the old one. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Manini said:

Bankers Cat, Whitelocks, The Angel (Sam Smiths), Adelphi, Lamb and Flag, Duck and Drake. Having seen you post in here as well I think you would like the selection in Tapped, North Bar, Friends of Ham and if you want some scran to go with try Little Bao Boy which is also one of North’s locations with all their beers on. Would also recommend the original Head of Steam which is on Mill Hill. The new one is on Park Row and it’s absolutely fine but I just prefer the old one. 

Nice one thanks, have been to North before and had the bao buns, very good! I am usually more in to keg craft beer but this time I want to go to more traditional pubs. 

On 13/01/2024 at 19:08, Manini said:

Further to this do you know any decent places near the first direct arena? Also best pub for food? Cheers 

30 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Further to this do you know any decent places near the first direct arena? Also best pub for food? Cheers 

It’s a bit chainey and basic round there tbh mate. You can walk from anywhere in Leeds city centre to the arena in about 15 mins max it’s a tiny city centre so I would recommend lamb and flag for the best pub that does food personally. It’s not necessarily the arena side of town but it’s not far to walk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Wow that’s surprising as they are one of the biggest. 

Think I posted a few things last year about the brewing industry generally and that the current combination of soaring energy costs, Brexit (North did a ton of export), increased finance costs, equipment and ingredient costs etc. etc is a perfect storm for the industry. Also a hugely over saturated market, particularly with people now having lower disposable income.  

So whilst I'm saddened I'm actually not that surprised.

Although as you say, one of the bigger and more hyped breweries to go pop.  

There will be more before we get out the other end I'm afraid.