Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

Had a pint of Quintus in the Cock & Hoop in Nottingham, Round Corner x Tynt Meadow’s strong bitter, fantastic beer. Didn’t real feel that bitter-y but I could drink 5 easily and it’s 5.2%. Leics breweries are going from strength to strength.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Stadt said:

Had a pint of Quintus in the Cock & Hoop in Nottingham, Round Corner x Tynt Meadow’s strong bitter, fantastic beer. Didn’t real feel that bitter-y but I could drink 5 easily and it’s 5.2%. Leics breweries are going from strength to strength.

It's a triumph is that beer

A real beauty and the fact it's an approachable Trappist beer from Leicestershire......what an excellent achievement and something we should be way more proud of. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

*Something* (can't recall what) at the Scottish Stores, near King's Cross, after my work Christmas Do. A Gipsy Hill Bandit pale ale in the Betjeman Arms before that.

Found Young's London Original a good session ale.

Scottish stores is decent. Have you tried King Charles I and Mcglynns free house nearby 

58 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Scottish stores is decent. Have you tried King Charles I and Mcglynns free house nearby 

Did the King Charles after Arsenal last season. Would have made a return visit if I wasn't pushed for time.

Will remember Mcglynns for future reference. Irish gaff, I'm guessing?

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Did the King Charles after Arsenal last season. Would have made a return visit if I wasn't pushed for time.

Will remember Mcglynns for future reference. Irish gaff, I'm guessing?

Yep Irish ish. decent pint but always bustling after work. A good option if in the area 

• Thanks 1

On 08/12/2023 at 17:58, Stadt said:

Distillery pricing is a pisstake, £5.70 for a Guinness extra cold 😵‍💫

You can get a free Guinness there with the MIXR app at the moment. Their pricing is ridiculous, had an Innis and Gunn ‘Mangoes on the run’ for over 7 quid. They do dynamic pricing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Guinness and theakstones Christmas ale in Pollys 

What a pub

I thought the regulars were taking the piss when they all roundly said goodbye as we left - nope, just genuinely friendly lol