Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

16 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Where are they from?

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Manchester if I haven't got it very wrong. The landlords to the very famous Marble Arch 

Correct.

Had a few of their beers and they're very good. This was lovely, not that dissimilar to Tiger which is a taste I like but is not always easy to find. 

• Like 1

On 19/02/2024 at 16:44, bovril said:

Correct.

Had a few of their beers and they're very good. This was lovely, not that dissimilar to Tiger which is a taste I like but is not always easy to find. 

Ironically they have a tap takeover at Two Tailed Lion this week 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

I think so they only posted the other day on the facey along with their Indian grub.

Imagine chomping down some Indian grub then washing it down with a cherry stout, would put hairs on your chest.

34 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

I think so they only posted the other day on the facey along with their Indian grub.

Yeah, had a bit if a revamp in January. Haven't been in since, so encouraged if they're mixing up their selection a bit.

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

I was in Dreadhop Brewery in Barbados, there Barracuda IPA 9.0% was amazing

Wanted to make it there when I was over there. Saw their stuff in the supermarkets along the south coast.

Felt Banks tasted nicer last year than it did previously too.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, had a bit if a revamp in January. Haven't been in since, so encouraged if they're mixing up their selection a bit.

Wanted to make it there when I was over there. Saw their stuff in the supermarkets along the south coast.

Felt Banks tasted nicer last year than it did previously too.

Banks isnt that bad, i found a few place that did it on draft and a place that also did Dreadhop stuff on draft aswell.  

I was never a rum fan until now.

Btw im watching the Leeds match at Dreadhop, unfortunately I found a Leeds fan there but even worse he is a Leeds fan and bloody American, geez what luck domInhave.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2024 at 14:01, westernpark said:

Was working in Nottingham last week,  the busyness of the pubs in mid week is most enviable.

Please can we not mention Nottingham, the last thung I want is my natives from Leicester stinking the place out.

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I was in on Saturday for the first time since the revamp.

The food gets good reviews and looked really good but there's still a demand for people popping down for a couple of hours to watch some sport.  

The mix isn't quite right yet.

A pet hate of mine since covid is tables in a bar being reserved and sitting empty, and another is having sport on but no volume. It was like that on Saturday. 

I had a look at the cherry porter, but stuck with the neck oil on tap instead.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

The food gets good reviews and looked really good but there's still a demand for people popping down for a couple of hours to watch some sport.  

A pet hate of mine since covid is tables in a bar being reserved and sitting empty, and another is having sport on but no volume. It was like that on Saturday. 

Places trying to be two things but blending them never sit well with me

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Yeah, only been going in very occasionally since November. Seems a lottery as to what kind of crowd are in there on any given evening.

Gaffer seems a nice bloke, hope it works out.

• Like 1