Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

8 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

So that's the back four problem sorted now.

Or maybe back three!?

If we lose Riyad and his replacement is struggling, i could see us play 3-5-2, or some version of it:

Kasper

Maguire   Morgan    Evans

Ricardo                                           Chilwell
                              Ndidi

Silva             Iborra

Nacho

Vardy

We did try to play this system in some games this year. I don't think we will have a fixed formation for this one, but I think given that Maguire and Evans are good with the ball, this system might work.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Or maybe back three!?

If we lose Riyad and his replacement is struggling, i could see us play 3-5-2, or some version of it:

Kasper

Ndidi

Silva             Iborra

Nacho

Vardy

We did try to play this system in some games this year. I don't think we will have a fixed formation for this one, but I think given that Maguire and Evans are good with the ball, this system might work.

id replace morgan with dragovich

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Or maybe back three!?

Kasper

Ndidi

Silva             Iborra

Nacho

Vardy

We're too short on CBs to realistically play with three at the back.

Don't want Morgan at the back anymore and we need a back-up if Evans or Maguire are injured. We move on.

Not entirely sold on Iborra and Silva either, they've been very inconsistent until now. Chilwell is still a bit of an enigma.

4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 diamond is what what we're going for, in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Only if Chilwell improves. Fuchs hopefully has another decent season in him though, so can cover if needed I suppose. 

He was already dead last season and there is no reason to think that he'll become better being one year older

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

This one you can forget.

Agreed. No intention of signing him. Been 0 talk, and you'd have thought he would be first through the door if we wanted.

Still don't think Evans is enough, as Morgan as 3rd choice concerns me. Hopefully we have sites on a younger up and coming CB from the championship or abroad. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Agreed. No intention of signing him. Been 0 talk, and you'd have thought he would be first through the door if we wanted.

Still don't think Evans is enough, as Morgan as 3rd choice concerns me. Hopefully we have sites on a younger up and coming CB from the championship or abroad. 

We still have "stop to tell bullshit" Benny :ph34r:.

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

He was already dead last season and there is no reason to think that he'll become better being one year older

I thought he did well when covered for Chilwell towards the end of the season. 

He has certainly been inconsistent since the title winning season though. 

Think Chilwell had a very up and down season and we still need a decent LB option.

If you don't think Fuchs is capable, then we need to sign another. I doubt we will though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Think Chilwell had a very up and down season and we still need a decent LB option.

If you don't think Fuchs is capable, then we need to sign another. I doubt we will though. 

speaking of left backs been saying it too a few people i think luke shaw if we could get him in would be ideal?

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Fuchs won't be more than a back-up next season. Chilwell is Puel's first choice and he played him the whole season. He must have seen something at the training sessions we don't.

I'm far from giving up on him and, to the contrary of some he, think that he improved last season even if still hit and miss.

Just now, Jones2406 said:

speaking of left backs been saying it too a few people i think luke shaw if we could get him in would be ideal?

Wouldn't be surprised if he left this summer. No idea how much he would cost though and whether we are even after a LB. 

Puel was only suggesting at Christmas that Chilwell will likely play for England one day. Obviously rates him highly 

I still think he has a lot to learn and perhaps needs another season or two as an understudy, due to the level we are at and want to be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Fuchs won't be more than a back-up next season. Chilwell is Puel's first choice and he played him the whole season. He must have seen something at the training sessions we don't.

I'm far from giving up on him and, to the contrary of some he, think that he improved last season even if still hit and miss.

I wouldn't give up on him, same as I still haven't on Gray. I do think if we are aiming for top 6/7 though, Chilwell could still be a weak link in that back 4 and perhaps needs a season or two more of being an understudy to a top LB. Hoped to be proved wrong though as I do think he will be starting choice again next season and doubt we are after a LB

Wouldn't be surprised if he left this summer. No idea how much he would cost though and whether we are even after a LB. 

Puel was only suggesting at Christmas that Chilwell will likely play for England one day. Obviously rates him highly 

I still think he has a lot to learn and perhaps needs another season or two as an understudy, due to the level we are at and want to be. 

Mourinho has been quoted as happy with his LB options and not looking to recruit to that position. Now that isn't definitive of course should a decent offer come in, but I don't think Luke Shaw is an option for us one way or another.

Just now, sphericalfox said:

Mourinho has been quoted as happy with his LB options and not looking to recruit to that position. Now that isn't definitive of course should a decent offer come in, but I don't think Luke Shaw is an option for us one way or another.

Feel sorry for Shaw then. Another season of being bullied! lol

Anyway.. Jonny Evans. Having medical apparently. Good news! :thumbup:

Feel sorry for Shaw then. Another season of being bullied! lol

Anyway.. Jonny Evans. Having medical apparently. Good news! :thumbup:

Still think this is a fantastic appointment especially for the money that he was going for last year, let’s hope he doesn’t steal any taxis around leicester though hey! 

28 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

We're too short on CBs to realistically play with three at the back.

I'd agree that we should sign another CB if we want to play 3atb as our main tactic, BUT we do have Amartey who can play there, as well as Simpson who wasn't too bad on the rare occasions he was used as a CB last season. We could also try promoting Hughes or Knight if we're in a position to give youth a go.

27 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

He had a great match against Arsenal. He just isn't fit enough anymore to play matches too close together. I think he will have a decent finale season with us myself. 

• Like 1