Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

A team gets relegated not a player. There's been class players who have been relegated - look at the quality to have come through West Ham's academy and were relegated with the club (Carrick, Defoe, Joe Cole...)

• Like 1

I think this could be a great signing, but I doubt it is the bargain some are assuming.  You have to look at the whole package  - wages the thick end of £100K per week? If so that's £15M or £20M depending on the length of the contract  plus signing on fee/ agent's fee so could total the best part of £30M  for a player who won't be worth much when the contract ends.

Not so different from signing a player for £20M on half the wages :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Woof said:

I think this could be a great signing, but I doubt it is the bargain some are assuming.  You have to look at the whole package  - wages the thick end of £100K per week? If so that's £15M or £20M depending on the length of the contract  plus signing on fee/ agent's fee so could total the best part of £30M  for a player who won't be worth much when the contract ends.

Even if we had to pay a big fee for him, he would still be on the same wages, so your argument fall short, my friend. :yesyes:

15 minutes ago, Woof said:

You have to take into account that West Brom are unable to include any performance based add ons in the 3.5m fee. Dragovic for 20m would have come with 5-10m of potential addons.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, bargain at £8m as well. One of the best left backs in the country.

I can't really remember how good he was before the move?  Was it an under the radar thing or was he clearly class?

There was no doubt we needed an experienced centre back aged 27-31 who still has at least a few years left in him. Evans fits this perfectly. It's almost a carbon copy of the Huth transfer and just as important. Considering the stupid transfer fees we see now, £3.5m for a proven PL player is a steal. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ThingsCouldGetMessi said:

There was no doubt we needed an experienced centre back aged 27-31 who still has at least a few years left in him. Evans fits this perfectly. It's almost a carbon copy of the Huth transfer and just as important. Considering the stupid transfer fees we see now, £3.5m for a proven PL player is a steal. 

More excited about this than when we signed Huth tbh, bar a left back our defence is looking solid now

7 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

I wonder if the Evans were part of the negotiation with the Mahrez deal as they have bid before just like us.

You can have Mahrez if you leave Evan's to us kind of thing?

MMMmmmmmm 

I'm very much IKFA, but that surely happens!? Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

• Like 1

Well happy with this, a guy that Man City and Arsenal were very interested in. Plenty of experience and a positive for the club, we have had far to much negativity on here some justified but a new right back and centre half and u thepgrades in those departments shows the club is looking to move forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

They rate him a lot,but call unproffesional due to how things have gone last season

just like when Mahrez went missing during winter transfer window and eveyrone was raging about it

That was the gist of the comments by the saner Baggies fans, as I read it, too:

Quality player, 2 good seasons, poor last season....whether due to having his head turned by the potential MCFC move or playing for a badly-managed team with low morale.

He's looked very sound whenever I've seen him in the past (didn't see much of WBA last season).

Hopefully he'll have his mojo back....in which case this'll be a great signing.