Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

In the meantime Foxes chiefs are stepping up their own efforts to make a renewed push to bring West Brom skipper Jonny Evans to the King Power.

They failed to land the 30-year-old last year despite bidding £20m for the Northern Ireland international.

It is one of the worst-kept secrets in football that Evans has a get-out-clause in his contract, which allows him to leave for a bargain £3m this summer once Baggies’ relegation is confirmed.

The Foxes are preparing a bumper package worth £100,000-a-week in basic wages plus a £5m signing on fee for the ex-Old Trafford man, who will have his pick of Prem clubs this summer.

Although Leicester wanted Evans and Maguire to team up together – to give manager Claude Puel the option of switching to a three-man defence – the Albion star could now replace if he leaves.

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho could try and tempt Leicester into selling by offering England defender Chris Smalling – the man most likely to make way for Maguire – as part of player plus cash deal.

It's hard to see Maguire staying after being linked with most of the big 5 clubs. So Evans would be a great addition. If we get a big fee for Maguire would love to see us also bring in Mawson and Drag permanent.

This should be Wes Morgans last season at this level, I think he even hinted at it himself.

With Mawson, Drag, Evans and Hughes we look really strong at Cb again.

Chilwell I feel will have learnt a lot this season and will be a better player next. 

Bring in a Rb and it's not a bad back line

• Like 2

Great to have alongside Wes. Let Harry and Drago go and increase the age of the two CB’s.  Another brilliant piece of business by Rudders.  

• Like 1

Ok fellas - forget the 100k per week and pay him 50k on a four year deal 

Instead give him a s/o fee of 12mill (I assume we all accept he is worth a 15m fee?)

or give him a s/o fee of 4 Mill and pay him 100k per week 

either way way it’s going to total budget 24m over four years which seems about right for a player of his quality 

• Like 3

Seems a bit of a twat by all accounts. Was one of the ones involved in the ridiculous taxi incident. 

Dont really get what all all the fuss is about around him to be honest. 

There’s plenty better and younger out there. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Seems a bit of a twat by all accounts. Was one of the ones involved in the ridiculous taxi incident. 

Seems odd we buy an old player to replace a slightly older player.

So we give him a four year contract and in two years he's lost his pace.

Not sure I want him.

• Like 2

Evans in to steady the ship and bridge a takeover giving us time to bed in youth.

It’s a yes from me.

I can see us going three at the back utilising two wing backs and Evans Maguire and another would begin to make those options look a viable possibility.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I'd forgot about that , what a **** !   

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Seems odd we buy an old player to replace a slightly older player.

So we give him a four year contract and in two years he's lost his pace.

Not sure I want him.

He's only 30 which is almost still a baby in centre half years

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

£100k a week lol 

I know it's a peanuts fee but that's absurd. Is he THAT good?

Well Man City and Arsenal wanted him last summer but refused to pay the £30m asking price. We had a £21m bid refused.

I suspect one of the big clubs will pick him up for the £3m required but Evans is obviously in a good position with the wages and signing on fee as his club will be losing £20m from the transfer fee.