Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

Just now, Robin JD Popley said:

Evans and Maguire is easily going to be one of the best CB pairings in the top flight next season.

Welcome to Leicester City Jonny Evans!

Just home from work. Has this been confirmed? Can't see it anywhere.

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

Agreed. I hate all the piss-taking / bile aimed at Wes. The guy is an absolute club legend and deserves a lot more respect. Those people ripping him over his weight and / or calling for him to be binned off immediately should have a word with themselves.

Not saying he's beyond criticism, not saying he's worthy of a starting place- I'm saying people shouldn't be so dismissive of one of our best ever signings. Some people have incredibly short memories.

Pretty sure he was carrying a fair bit of timber wen we got him from the florist. We overlooked it then & called him a tank. He’s had a couple of injuries & it is not easy getting over a back injury. The amount of games he’s flung himself in front of a shot to stop a certain goal, he may not b first choice anymore but as others have said we forget all he’s done for us far to quickly.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Just home from work. Has this been confirmed? Can't see it anywhere.

All but done @Max Wall - he seems to have agreed terms according to numerous sources, formalities now but should be announced very soon.

Probably done by the weekend for a fee of £3.5m over two instalments.

Edited by Robin JD Popley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Robin JD Popley said:

All but done @Max Wall - he seems to have agreed terms according to numerous sources, formalities now but should be announced very soon.

Probably done by the weekend for a fee of £3.5m over two instalments.

An absolute bargain. Great work by the club so far. 

• Like 4

The more I think about this the more I have warmed to the idea . Let’s face it Wes has been great but he’s definitely on a downward spiral. Also as good as he’s been this season Harry is still a young and still a fairly inexperienced premier league player who did make a few errors . So I think it’s probably a good idea to partner him with someone who has a wealth of experience  and who can help improve him defensively.  

Amazing signings, now we need to replace Chilwell with someone more useful in the attack and we'll be set in the back (would like Dragovic as well, though IDK how he feels about that). We keep Chilwell as a back-up and let him improve a bit behind a more experienced FB who adds an element of menace to the attack from the left and we'll look an entirely new team.

I am thrilled by this... a back four of Perriera, Maguire, Evans and Chilwell.

Football playing youth with an experienced and quality CB... plus having Wes as the fall back.

:appl: All involved.

3 hours ago, vanity said:

Amazing signings, now we need to replace Chilwell with someone more useful in the attack and we'll be set in the back (would like Dragovic as well, though IDK how he feels about that). We keep Chilwell as a back-up and let him improve a bit behind a more experienced FB who adds an element of menace to the attack from the left and we'll look an entirely new team.

You mean like Fuchs?

Experienced - yep

Gets forward - yep

Causes problems - yep not as in takes players on as such more his crosses and long throws. He still very good.

That's one area we are fine in. Fuchs is still easily got another season in him. Yes he's lost a bit of pace, but he still gets forward and does 1-2s with his left sides partner to attack. I don't understand why people write off Fuchs recently? Simpson isn't an attacking full back, granted and he knows it. But the day Fuchs arrived he's always ventured forward. 

Also in defence he's reading of the game is good. In our title winning season he was only second to the super human Kante in terms of interceptions. Chilwell needs to learn from him on that front and I can't think of anyone better to learn from. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, vanity said:

Really do not understand the Chilwell dislike. Thought he has improved over time at both ends of the pitch and he's still only young.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, MPH said:

The problem with having someone who is in their mid 30s as a back up in the Premier league is that They can very easily become Rusty and if you put them into the team They will not be match fit and  can be a liability And they can become very slow very easily

Good points, well made.  X

9 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I'm not so sure it would. 3rd choice can quickly become our starting CB for a pro-longed part of the season, if we have just one injury to Maguire or Evans. 

I think he will probably stay, due to his high wages, but I would feel much more comfortable with him as 4th choice and we sign another CB.

A legend yes, but on a rapid decline now and doesn't suit this new style of play at all. 3rd choice would concern me. 

Aye, happy as 4th choice.  If only Drago would be happy with 3rd but not sure he would settle for that.  

8 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

I don't want him close to playing first eleven football if he was happy to be 4th choice I'd be happier.

And players have incredibly short careers, his unfortunately is coming to a close. Thank hi for all he's achieved with the club but you can't be sentimental.

Spot on

Yeah I agree with the first bit, 4th choice probably better, I am willing and happy to change my mind if people are constructive.

The second bit though I think you just slightly miss the point.  There is a difference between understanding that player's careers are short and not being sentimental and the personal insults you see quite often on the site.  I cannot see any reason for those?  I am happy to say "he is past his best, he should no longer be in the team and the best choice would be 4th choice or to sell".  Why, though, would anyone say "Fat, old. Useless if he starts Puel out FFS"?  Just seems something a child would do?  X

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Just reading above it seems lads on foxestalk are the only ones in this country who are writing chilwell off lol

He has captained like every youth level for leicester constantly young player of the year, he is constantly monitored by clubs like liverpool he is very highly regarding in the England U21 setup... So why is it were the only ones who think hes crap and going to amount to nothing? lol

Is he injured at the moment? Doesn’t seem to have featured in Toulon.

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

Just reading above it seems lads on foxestalk are the only ones in this country who are writing chilwell off lol

He has captained like every youth level for leicester constantly young player of the year, he is constantly monitored by clubs like liverpool he is very highly regarding in the England U21 setup... So why is it were the only ones who think hes crap and going to amount to nothing? lol

Because he doesn't drop a shoulder and beat three men, Mahrez-style.

We get a decent young prospect, who is visibly improving over time, and people want the moon on a stick.

People can be disappointing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Just reading above it seems the lads on foxestalk are the only ones in this country who are writing chilwell off lol

Because we're a frothing at the mouth rabid bunch who react first and do logic later. Some of us not even the latter! :frantics:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Just reading above it seems the lads on foxestalk are the only ones in this country who are writing chilwell off lol

Asked and answered :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Agreed. I hate all the piss-taking / bile aimed at Wes. The guy is an absolute club legend and deserves a lot more respect. Those people ripping him over his weight and / or calling for him to be binned off immediately should have a word with themselves.

Not saying he's beyond criticism, not saying he's worthy of a starting place- I'm saying people shouldn't be so dismissive of one of our best ever signings. Some people have incredibly short memories.

This is,albeit very small in comparison the downside of winning the league.

some suddenly think we are Man Utd and should be winning things year on year and a bad few games  by a player and they get absolutely crucified.

Least years ago we knew we were shite and accepted it.

• Like 2