Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Lots of salty tears from West Brom fans - see the comments section:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44387407

Well to be fair they have every reason to feel that way. I am a bit worried about the worst case scenario, but I think that to be fair WBA shot themselves in the foot by axing Pulis and replacing him with Pardew. Add that to the player's head being turned ala Mahrez in January and he clearly wanted out of there as soon as possible.

At the end of the day in today's market anything for less than 10M you can take a punt on. Say he does turn out to be totally inept and a bad apple - well then it's not something we can't recover from. 

Most likely I think he will fit in pretty seamlessly like Maguire did, and whilst I don't expect him to win player of the season award for the club, I expect he will be a very solid addition to help tighten up the back four.

Good business, and now our thoughts must turn to our lack of creativity. It certainly won't be helped by selling our most creative player, so what happens there could make or break our season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Max Power said:

£65k a week is good if true. There was chat about £100k before which was steep even given the bargain price. Three year deal good as well, should still be in good nick at 33 as a centre back. 

This doesn't take into account sign on fee plus agent fees. 

He also has a one year option to extend (or club can exercise) 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

£65k a week is good if true. There was chat about £100k before which was steep even given the bargain price. Three year deal good as well, should still be in good nick at 33 as a centre back. 

like Wes was in the first half of this season :ph34r: 

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Well to be fair they have every reason to feel that way. I am a bit worried about the worst case scenario, but I think that to be fair WBA shot themselves in the foot by axing Pulis and replacing him with Pardew. Add that to the player's head being turned ala Mahrez in January and he clearly wanted out of there as soon as possible.

At the end of the day in today's market anything for less than 10M you can take a punt on. Say he does turn out to be totally inept and a bad apple - well then it's not something we can't recover from. 

Most likely I think he will fit in pretty seamlessly like Maguire did, and whilst I don't expect him to win player of the season award for the club, I expect he will be a very solid addition to help tighten up the back four.

Good business, and now our thoughts must turn to our lack of creativity. It certainly won't be helped by selling our most creative player, so what happens there could make or break our season. 

There's also the odd one here and there praising Evans. He may not be the tallest centre-back and best at defending from crosses and set-pieces, but very apt on the ground, versatile, reasonably quick for his age and can play it from the back. Potentially indicative of more and better executed possession-based football next season.

At this price, I'll gladly look past the negatives and am looking forward to seeing him play in a Leicester shirt.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

This doesn't take into account sign on fee plus agent fees. 

He also has a one year option to extend (or club can exercise) 

Everyone seems happy, so best not to educate, by explaining the actual financial reality.

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

That's a very good signing in a bonkers inflated market. WBA are bitter re lady season, but before then their captain got nothing but plaudits for professionalism and ability.

Next!!!?

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Last season

I prefer lady season. :thumbup: