Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Royal Wedding 2018 (Harry and Meghan)

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

It’s a boy!

I hope they call it Dave. 

I think we can also rule out Donald. 

Can't see them wanting to honour Cameron like that, after all the trouble he's caused.

If she's gone into Labour, Prince Jeremy Keir might be on the cards.

Or Karl Friedrich, combining politics and the German origins of the father's family.

Or Prince Wymeswold Windsor-Wales as a nod to social media and the internet?

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

It’s a boy!

I hope they call it Dave. 

I think we can also rule out Donald. 

Donald is a weird one, isn't it?

I mean, I know names go in and out of fashion but was Donald ever something you'd want to call a kid?

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

I had a cat called Donald once. 

Are you sure it wasn't a duck, Suz?

I don't suppose you could message me a stream for tonight, could you? (Pretty please) :kissing:

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Are you sure it wasn't a duck, Suz?

I don't suppose you could message me a stream for tonight, could you? (Pretty please) :kissing:

Of course i can, i will message you loads as i'm pretty sure it will be aired on every available network going.

Streams this weekend have been very inconsistent and laggy/stuttering so *fingers crossed* at least one will work. Will message you nearer KO x

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Unusual choice to name it Evening Standard

FB_IMG_1557248754329.jpg.8770ab79816b9e254929d66da3d8ea6c.jpg

Like Posh & Becks they're naming it after the place of conception (toilets of The Royal Standard, Sheffield) but also the time of conception too, in a little modern twist. 

Such original boring names to chose from. Get with the times you snooty tits lol

Hello charles, meet your uncle henry charles alexander and his son william arthur philip alexander charles.

Soooo edgy, so 2020 lol

12 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Such original boring names to chose from. Get with the times you snooty tits lol

Hello charles, meet your uncle henry charles alexander and his son william arthur philip alexander charles.

Soooo edgy, so 2020 lol

If it's Harley or Jayden then we know who's calling the shots.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor it is then.

There was a kid at my school named Archie Harrison.

It's a funny old game, Saint.

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor it is then.

This is one of my pet pedantic peeves. Giving children abbreviations as names, ie, Jim, Tess, Sue, Fred, Ted... etc. There's no need. Fredrick will get shortened to Fred or Freddy and Michael to Mick, Mike or Micky in any case by friends and family, plus, you've got options, whereas Tom is never going to become Tomas, Thomas or Tommy.

Besides which, Archibald is a way cooler name. Archie sounds like a ventriloquist's dummy.

16 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

This is one of my pet pedantic peeves. Giving children abbreviations as names, ie, Jim, Tess, Sue, Fred, Ted... etc. There's no need. Fredrick will get shortened to Fred or Freddy and Michael to Mick, Mike or Micky in any case by friends and family, plus, you've got options, whereas Tom is never going to become Tomas, Thomas or Tommy.

Besides which, Archibald is a way cooler name. Archie sounds like a ventriloquist's dummy.

My nephew is Albert, but my sister chose that to call him Bertie from the start. If he wants to be Albert in later life, he has the option, instead of being stuck with Bertie forever.

• Like 1

Half Man Half Biscuit anticipated this problem....

"A woman who described herself as “A little bit Bridget, a little bit Ally, a little bit Sex And The City” and chose to call her baby boy Fred as a childishly rebellious attempt at a clever reaction to those who might have expected her to call him Julian or Rupert. Bit of advice: call him Rupert, it fits, and besides it’s a good name. Don’t be calling him Fred or Archie, with all its cheeky but lovable working class scamp connotations, unless you really do have plans for him to spend his life in William Hill’s waiting for them to weigh in at Newton Abbot".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1